Mobil 1 Engine Oil: Best place to purchase?

dsdfan

Could anyone suggest the best place to purchase Mobil 1 Engine Oil.

I've seen Mobil 1 advertised at $13.50 per quart by MX Trading.

Does MX Trading supply the exact same type of Mobil 1 oil sold at nearly $30 per L at Mobil stations? Or the Mobil 1 oil used by workshops like J4C?

Thanks.

Re: Mobil 1 Engine Oil: Best place to purchase?

U can pop by Carrefour cuz they do have crazy sale prices of Mobil 1 from time to time.

MXtradings sells Mobil-one European Formula which is BMW Longlife-01 approved. Thats used in both my cars. Parng Sim Buay, hiadee.

I recently just did an engine oil change with this Mobil 0w40 LL-01 bought from MX. So far so good, the engine is running smoothly and acceleration has been quite enthusiastic. However in my opinion, change your engine oil at every 10K (at most) instead of the recommended 25K in the computer. And keep a quart bottle of the similar oil in your boot for unforseen top-up..

Just called MX Trading, 1 quart of Mobil 1 0W-40 costs $13.50.

So 1 quart = 946 ml = $13.50
4L = S$57.08.

Petrol station selling at > $100!

That's a lot of savings!

But just called and they say no stock liao, until March 2009 :(

C3P0;415942 said:

I think I bot the last 2 boxes(12 bottles of 1 quart) :nehnehhh:

Ahbengdriver;415946 said:

Wah, sell me 2 bottles can? I just finished my last drop of oil this morning. Please....ABD is the most handsome...
(+ I'll help you buy some more in March and deliver to your house!)

Ahbengdriver;415946 said:

Was there with Ahbengdriver two saturdays back. Think we bgt the last lot. No problem with the oil, car running smoothly.

C3P0;415950 said:
Wah, sell me 2 bottles can? I just finished my last drop of oil this morning. Please....ABD is the most handsome...
(+ I'll help you buy some more in March and deliver to your house!)

2 bottles where got enough? U driving BMW motorbike or u wanna use the oil to fry goreng pisang?:screwedu:

I happen to have 5 bottles left after using 7 bottles on the 335i. I think 5 bottles is just nice for the 4-potter engine, which needs roughly 4.5 litres. My 320i is not due yet for oil change so Ai Mai? Self collect at my place:nehnehhh:

Alan Tan;415926 said:
I recently just did an engine oil change with this Mobil 0w40 LL-01 bought from MX. So far so good, the engine is running smoothly and acceleration has been quite enthusiastic. However in my opinion, change your engine oil at every 10K (at most) instead of the recommended 25K in the computer. And keep a quart bottle of the similar oil in your boot for unforseen top-up..

Hi,

How much does it cost for the servicing now since you brought your own oil?

My servicing is coming up fast and thinking of bringing my own oil.

Cheers

C3P0;415942 said:
Just called MX Trading, 1 quart of Mobil 1 0W-40 costs $13.50.

So 1 quart = 946 ml = $13.50
4L = S$57.08.

Petrol station selling at > $100!

That's a lot of savings!

Sir , can give pm me the no for MX trading?

dsdfan;415885 said:
Does MX Trading supply the exact same type of Mobil 1 oil sold at nearly $30 per L at Mobil stations? Or the Mobil 1 oil used by workshops like J4C?
The one from Mx is parallel import (or so i've been told), made in US. I read somewhere that some batches of Mobil1 oil stateside was lower grade after Katrina took out a refinery, but no hard evidence. if u trust american QC, don't think u need to be concerned. I dunno where the locally sold oil is made, one ad on ebay says Singapore. not sure true or not.

eng98;416106 said:
Hi,

J4C just started putting a surcharge of 27 dollars if u bring ur own oil.
anyone know if BVO does that too?

como;416107 said:
Sir , can give pm me the no for MX trading?

Yes, bro, only for you. Shhh....don't tell people, wait next time difficult to buy oil 'cause whole BMW forum go there :shhhh:

MX Trading
#01-05 CITY WARE HOUSE (pink colour bldg)
5 KAKI BUKIT ROAD 2
Business hours : 6-8 pm
Tel: 90262657
PTC: Terence Tan

eng98;416106 said:
Hi,

Cheers

I serviced my ride on the 11K mark at an outside workshop. It may not be appropriate of me to reveal the price openly but suffice to say it's not more than $50, including the engine oil filter and some miscellaneous inspections.

Called PML recently to inquire on cost of service if I bring my own engine oil.

The service engineer says "No", not allowed to bring your own engine oil. Is this their policy, since many drivers have been doing this?

If so, what has been the cost of a basic service when you brought your own oil? Can't pry this info out of PML.

Is their Castrol oil as good as Mobil 1?

Alan Tan;416166 said:
I serviced my ride on the 11K mark at an outside workshop. It may not be appropriate of me to reveal the price openly but suffice to say it's not more than $50, including the engine oil filter and some miscellaneous inspections.

what?? service with oil filter change less than $50??
can share more of yr kan-yow workshop??
btw, Alan, yr E60 is how many mths old? my indicator light up yesterday calling me to send for servicing liao..only 5k...:(

I did twice at normal workshop / petrol station's workshop. Labour only $20. Engine oil is charged separately of course, and I bought the oil from the workshop.
[Of course bring own oil filter. Not every workshop stocks BMW oil filter :) . $12 only I think...]

I think if we bring our own oil, they will add some surcharge to it. But overall, still can save $$ if we can get our engine oil cheaply.

JLMC;416222 said:
what?? service with oil filter change less than $50??
can share more of yr kan-yow workshop??
btw, Alan, yr E60 is how many mths old? my indicator light up yesterday calling me to send for servicing liao..only 5k...:(

I serviced my ride at Riverview at AMK Autopoint. My car is about 6 months old. There wasn't any indicator light coming up except for one instant when it prompted me to top up engine oil. But 5K is too soon huh! A friend told me before that if the car is often being "stretched to its limit", the computer will prompt an earlier servicing.

Alan Tan;416238 said:
But 5K is too soon huh! A friend told me before that if the car is often being "stretched to its limit", the computer will prompt an earlier servicing.

Mine demanded servicing at 8,000 Km, which I thought was bad enough.

Under "normal" driving conditions, first servicing is supposed to be due at 12,000 Km (or even up to 25,000 Km in the past).

Just another point on the engine oil top-up prompt. I was also told that if we rev our engine often at 3.5K and above, the engine will "eat up" engine oil at a greater rate such that we will have to top up. Otherwise in the "normal" operating rpm (between 2K n 3K), the rate of "eating" is rather small. It's just a general observation from my friend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luck8bot
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back