Mod(s) done for my 318 ?

thrust

Dear bros,

I'm a noobie in conti cars and would like any brothers that care to share what mod(s) you had done for your 318. Understand that our 318 is different from 320 and aftermarket parts are quite scarce as well. Thanks for your contribution.

Re: Mod(s) done for my 318 ?

exterior after mkts parts r quite readily available. genuine or replicas.

no diff in exterior between 318 and 320

Mine a 318, had change rims,air filter,
next ..... ecu upgrade.
btw they are many option...depend how deep is yr pocket.
mine shallow shallow so mod also slowy slowy....
by the time work completed can change car already......lol

btw 318 is the same as 320 in terms of mod i think.........but the big main diff is the ecu.

jonleeck;527213 said:
btw 318 is the same as 320 in terms of mod i think.........but the big main diff is the ecu.

Care to share what ECU upgrade there is for 318?

Very curios...............:ultrasho:

you can upgrade to near the 320i power!

i did the ecu and added a throttle device from taiwan since sb and velocity is expensive.

violence @ $280 ? :D

wccm;530770 said:

i did the ecu and added a throttle device from taiwan since sb and velocity is expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

wccm;530770 said:

Ok, that sounds reasonable as both are using the same block anyway.....

Enjoy....

Cheers!

for performance super light forged wheels + throttle response booster (Velocity/SB) ...period and stop. any further you just be wasting your $

i used violence instead of sb price went up. now $330 but i was told it is stackable..... i saw some folks used up to 3 daisy chain together.....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TIMING CHAIN OR BELT

Hi all Seniors,

sorry to hijack your thread but i really do not know where can i ask questions as i cannot create a new thread except to find place to hide and post. So pai se...

As i just bought my 2009 318i, can i know is this car having a timing belt or chain?

because if its timing belt then i have to be more careful on my servicing interval. if is the latter, then not so bad as chain do not need to be changed.

jonleeck;527213 said:

the difference is ECU, everything else is the same

its timing chain...think they did away with timing belt long time ago....so far i only remember my ex ride the old E36 having timing belt.....most models after that using timing chains

V6ENGINE;536530 said:
Hi all Seniors,

sorry to hijack your thread but i really do not know where can i ask questions as i cannot create a new thread except to find place to hide and post. So pai se...

As i just bought my 2009 318i, can i know is this car having a timing belt or chain?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back