Munich Automobiles in limelight (for the wrong reason)

Re: Munich Automobiles in limelight (for the wrong reason)

masschaoz;672875 said:
I don't even care.. Furthermore suppose to collect today.. To some it may seem trivial but expectations given were not met.. Not my se's fault.. It's the management

you rock!:thumbsup:

wkwlb;672973 said:
you rock!:thumbsup:

concluded with collection of my ride at 7.30 pm, with all the necessary compensation agreed upon..

masschaoz;672875 said:
I don't even care.. Furthermore suppose to collect today.. To some it may seem trivial but expectations given were not met.. Not my se's fault.. It's the management

jez curious..
they couldn't have registered the car under your name without full settlement of the purchase first... and you are supposed to collect the car today? which part of the payment you tear your check on..?

zag;673017 said:
jez curious..
they couldn't have registered the car under your name without full settlement of the purchase first... and you are supposed to collect the car today? which part of the payment you tear your check on..?

The first instalment.. Anyway matter resolved satisfactorily

How it went? U got yr front pdc? Reduced price?

Niva;673094 said:
How it went? U got yr front pdc? Reduced price?

Yup. More or less in accordance to what I think is fair including full installation of front pdc as per factory spec

I've had issues with MA's management in regards to some items for an X6M, totally ridiculous excuses given. Anyway thats past and its a learning experience for me.

On a seperate occasion, I wanted to drop the car off at MA for them to check and see if the iDrive problem could be fixed. All I wanted was their suggestion and advise, I said I was willing to pay for labour charges and downtime for their diagnosis. They came back to me with a quote which was fairly reasonable. So I said, ok lets do it! When I went down to MA, I was told that before I could drop off the car I had to pay the $30,000 adoption fee. I said, I'm not claiming any warranty, I just need to know if this issue in my iDrive could be fixed! Well they weren't too flexible and said, sorry its company policy that before anything can be done you need to pay the adoption fee non-negotiable.

I couldn't be bothered to ask why didn't they tell me in the first place and I left. That was it.

It's standard policy, without $30k adoption fees, they won't take a single look even you want to pay parts and labour at premium charge not even seek advice. Otherwise, it's not fair for AD car as many pointed out. Having said that, they could have communicated this clearly if they know your ride is PI to avoid any misunderstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

masschaoz;673102 said:
Yup. More or less in accordance to what I think is fair including full installation of front pdc as per factory spec

Glad matter satisfactoriy resolved and you got your M. As Omar mentioned, unless there are material shortcomngs other than the front PDC, I will get them to fit it locally and knock off sme moolah from the agreed price.

I managed to knock off $6k from my new Audi TTS Roadster after the PI cocked up on productiom date. I drove it for 10 months and sold it off for $22k more than what I paid for haha.

wt_know;673137 said:
It's standard policy, without $30k adoption fees, they won't take a single look even you want to pay parts and labour at premium charge not even seek advice. Otherwise, it's not fair for AD car as many pointed out. Having said that, they could have communicated this clearly if they know your ride is PI to avoid any misunderstanding.

Ah yes, I forgot to add in my previous post.

My intention then communicated was, if they took a look at my car and decided they could fix the iDrive, I will then pay the adoption fee and go ahead with it. For some reason their policy was still pay first talk later, which I really can't bring myself to agree for something non-guaranteed at a pricetag of $30k.

I completely understand the need with the adoption fee and also agree only to a certain extent that for peace of mind, buy it through the AD. In this case I just wish they could have offered a better solution instead of no $30k no talk.....

Maybe I am wrong but as long as is something to do with manufacture defects, they, local agent/dealer has to provide,facilitate warranty claims. That is why is called international warranty. Mercedes Benz, C&C do that. If local agent not going to take up the warranty claim, write to BMW Asia spore.

isn't c&c also impose 'adoption fees' for PI merc? last heard c&c adoption fees was low and then revised up ... :(

write to BMW Asia ? haha ... wait you get many replies ... you got better chance going to temple to pray tio 4D to buy another car

flyinlo;673194 said:
Maybe I am wrong but as long as is something to do with manufacture defects, they, local agent/dealer has to provide,facilitate warranty claims. That is why is called international warranty. Mercedes Benz, C&C do that. If local agent not going to take up the warranty claim, write to BMW Asia spore.

Last edited by a moderator:

rex7_vtec;673200 said:
IIRC, last I heard the adoption fee was $500 for C&C, cause that was how much one of our forummer paid.

It's $10000, there is a sign placed on the counter of the service reception

C&C didn't charge me anything extra. The $100k I saved from getting my M3 competition directly from BMW Uk is much better then you going to the temple and pray for 4D number.

rex7_vtec;673113 said:
I've had issues with MA's management in regards to some items for an X6M, totally ridiculous excuses given. Anyway thats past and its a learning experience for me.

On a seperate occasion, I wanted to drop the car off at MA for them to check and see if the iDrive problem could be fixed. All I wanted was their suggestion and advise, I said I was willing to pay for labour charges and downtime for their diagnosis. They came back to me with a quote which was fairly reasonable. So I said, ok lets do it! When I went down to MA, I was told that before I could drop off the car I had to pay the $30,000 adoption fee. I said, I'm not claiming any warranty, I just need to know if this issue in my iDrive could be fixed! Well they weren't too flexible and said, sorry its company policy that before anything can be done you need to pay the adoption fee non-negotiable.

I couldn't be bothered to ask why didn't they tell me in the first place and I left. That was it.

Maybe you should do what the New-Zealander did... Drive to KL BMW to let them take a look... Or JB, Hitmee say one :laughlik:

Back to the ang moh thingy, yesterday I was at the bank and an ang moh kao peh at the bank counter girl why he needs to pay $15 for a new chequebook and threatened to withdraw his millions and go to another bank.

Ngeow chee

MW;673222 said:
Back to the ang moh thingy, yesterday I was at the bank and an ang moh kao peh at the bank counter girl why he needs to pay $15 for a new chequebook and threatened to withdraw his millions and go to another bank.

Ngeow chee

I think it is relative to what the competitor does. My DBS chequebook must pay while UOB gives it to me free, so my money is in UOB. Without competition, we suck thumb. Luckily got PI route. It helps to keep the AD on its toes somewhat.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobikovn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back