Munich OMV...

Re: Munich OMV...

I tell you all...

When I was trying to sell my Boxster S, this conversation happened.

Buyer: Your asking price too high!
Me: But my car OMV very high!
Buyer: So???
Me: So paper value also high.
Buyer: It also means your yearly depreciation is higher. I rather buy the same thing with lower price and lower OMV.
Me: WTF!

Tanzy;787526 said:
I tell you all...

Buyer: It also means your yearly depreciation is higher. I rather buy the same thing with lower price and lower OMV.

don't be too bothered by it tanzy.
i can imagine the damn buyer telling his frens, assuming he bought your car "wah...i tan dio, for same price as the other boxster S, i manage to get this one with high omv"

same tactic everywhere be it buyer or dealer, they will probably tell u everything worthless and just wanna lowball u for as low as possible.
just like dealers telling us that our mods are worthless when we sell car to them and then turning around telling buyer that wah the mods worth 30k blah blah blah

if the world is that perfect, i rather buy the "same thing" with lower price, lower omv, lower coe, lower tax, lower simi .... the keyword is whether he can find "lower" :lol:

Buyer: It also means your yearly depreciation is higher. I rather buy the same thing with lower price and lower OMV

willing buyer, willing seller mah. We all KPKB about AD's fat margins, lousy after sales service (caveat: not talking specifically about Munich here though), lousy SE never give half ball - but, we still throng the showroom with drool coming out from our mouths whenever a new launch is announced...

haha ... that's why AD don't give a $hit what we all KPKB
they know all will LL walk into showroom, sign the paper, login to forum and complain (cycle repeats) :lol:

wobbles;787614 said:
willing buyer, willing seller mah. We all KPKB about AD's fat margins, lousy after sales service (caveat: not talking specifically about Munich here though), lousy SE never give half ball - but, we still throng the showroom with drool coming out from our mouths whenever a new launch is announced...

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;787622 said:
haha ... that's why AD don't give a $hit what we all KPKB
they know all will LL walk into showroom, sign the paper, login to forum and complain (cycle repeats) :lol:

That's not guaranteed though. I for one will vote with my feet should i find the experience lacking. If not for MA being new and more premium (smaller customer base), i would have bought all my Ms from PI if it's based on my crappy PML experience. So far my M3 has not required any special attention that mandates a visit to an AD workshop.

clar;787699 said:
That's not guaranteed though. I for one will vote with my feet should i find the experience lacking. If not for MA being new and more premium (smaller customer base), i would have bought all my Ms from PI if it's based on my crappy PML experience. So far my M3 has not required any special attention that mandates a visit to an AD workshop.

clar...your transmission needs an update la.... dct jerking in 1st to 2nd is not normal lor!!!!

else, go to boss motorsports to ask them to read which version you are on....cheers.

wobbles;787614 said:

somehow, u remind me of the coe situation....same thing fueling the ridiculous coe

jasonmaxima;787718 said:
clar...your transmission needs an update la.... dct jerking in 1st to 2nd is not normal lor!!!!

else, go to boss motorsports to ask them to read which version you are on....cheers.

Happens only in certain throttle application pattern, so can be avoided for the most part. Will check it in next service interval.

How come my post disappear?

Somebody don't like me here or really likes high OMV.

Tanzy;787526 said:
I tell you all...

higher OMV translates into higher selling price (assuming same depre) and hence higher monthly installments. hence the buyer was prob happy to buy something much cheaper to fit his wallet.

plenty of idiots and "heros" out there.....i had one with a 30k annual income trying to buy my 335i, and i didnt know till his loan got rejected by 9 banks/finance companies.

I'm now thinking how am i gg to sell my $109k OMV GTR.....

clar;787886 said:
Happens only in certain throttle application pattern, so can be avoided for the most part. Will check it in next service interval.

U can try giving Riverview a call, their BMW diagnostic machine is the same as PML/MAs with the latest updates.

They pulled a LAN cable and jacked it into my ECU and started reading off the various sensors and reset my transmission for me.

Exact same sentiment! Well Said. Buy the car, dont buy the OMV.

Tanzy;786533 said:
Big question

My car from Munich has $89k OMV, do you think I will get more for it compared to a $79k OMV piece when I try to sell in on the second hand market?

Honestly, I don't think so. OMV is overrated.
Suckers for high OMV should all buy Aston Martins! They have one of the highest OMV to sales price ratio for any authorized dealer.

My Audi S5 from Premium Auto only had an OMV of $62k (average $64k), also sold it for a decent price.
My S2000 from Garage R had a super high OMV of $45k (average $39k), also sold for crap price.
My Boxster S had ultra high OMV of $96k (average $80k), also sold for so so price.

The key thing is that the OMV of your car is not too far from average.

Let's say all the OMV for Munich M3s are only $15,000. Do you think the second hand price for the M3s will drop to Nissan Latio price? I don't think so. People can complain about the OMV being low and try to offer $50,000 for it but is it realistic?

$104k OMV vs $79k OMV? Difference is $20k+. Over 10 years, that's only a difference of $1000+ of depreciation per year. That's for a car that will lose $30k-$40k per year for the first 5 years. Road tax already nearly $4k and insurance without NCD is $5k+. Petrol is about $5k per year. Tyres are at least $3k every two years or less. What's the big deal?

ClemZ;787991 said:
U can try giving Riverview a call, their BMW diagnostic machine is the same as PML/MAs with the latest updates.

They pulled a LAN cable and jacked it into my ECU and started reading off the various sensors and reset my transmission for me.

Sent in my M3 today to Riverview for some software update. Hope it improves things...

ClemZ;787978 said:
higher OMV translates into higher selling price (assuming same depre) and hence higher monthly installments. hence the buyer was prob happy to buy something much cheaper to fit his wallet.

plenty of idiots and "heros" out there.....i had one with a 30k annual income trying to buy my 335i, and i didnt know till his loan got rejected by 9 banks/finance companies.

I'm now thinking how am i gg to sell my $109k OMV GTR.....

I buy your GTR next time
Your friend, Tony

TonyL;802399 said:
I buy your GTR next time
Your friend, Tony

Bro I also eyeing your yakuza black bling bling Z4!
Try not to pickup too many Chio Bu

TonyL;802457 said:
Mine is A4, not Z4 lah.

hahaha A4 now but A5 sportsback next week ?

I actually know another TonyL who just got a Z4 2 weeks ago.....

LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9betstoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back