My car die on me twice this month ...

Re: My car die on me twice this month ...

Meek;959313 said:
You push your car into cbd??
Heck mine in 9+ km/l. Sigh.

No dead bodies, no flower pots, not 200kg, what is happening?

The attitude of your right foot makes the biggest difference

Jason8822;959320 said:
The attitude of your right foot makes the biggest difference

sigh. my right foot is a cheongster!!!

Buy BMW is to cheong .
Not to compare and whine about poor fuel comsumption.

Jason8822;959323 said:
Buy BMW is to cheong .
Not to compare and whine about poor fuel comsumption.

Well said bro...I second that..!!

Especially if you drive a 335....drive it like you stole it man!

ya, just like davidtch reply on the other thread - no lag on his bmw while others have 530 with lag etc
gun it often and it goes the way you like it to be be it 116 or 650

get a toyota prius, its 22km/l.

C3P0;959303 said:
Mine only 6.7km/l.
95% city driving. Your driving pattern should be more highway driving.

Can have monthly contest to see who has the best FC - winner gets to be FC champion.

Can make calendar after that ....

Red_Bean_Bun;959381 said:
Can have monthly contest to see who has the best FC - winner gets to be FC champion.

Can make calendar after that ....

topless pin up calender.... haha.

hey wait... darth vader and c3p0 is leading....

1) lost around 1L engine oil every one or two month

2) sent to a site sponsored workshop. Changed small items like caskets, etc. less than $1k

3) after two months, need to top up engine oil again.

4) decided to send to MA....which I still regret until now.

5) left the car for a few days with them, they did some troubleshooting and dismantle the engine. after checking, they suggested to overhaul the engine. Total cost $9k before discount.

6) I did not even consider over the phone and gave a go ahead. Since all I wanted was to solve the damn problem. And they said some parts will take 2-3 weeks to arrive... Ok never mind. I will just rent a car.

7) After 3 weeks, still not ready. In total I waited 5 weeks. Never mind.. As long as the problem can be solved.

8) finally collected my car. Drove around and found it very sluggish and retarded.

9) sent back and they said it was due to some adaption reset, blah. Ok monitor for one week.

10) still sluggish and retarded after one week. Sent back and found nothing wrong....

11) now I really damn fed up and decided to look for another workshop. Guess what.. Knock sensor not connected!!

Expensive doesn't mean good. Reputable (although not really) doesn't mean good. And long wait doesn't mean good!

I still have two servicing package (from the what triple servicing) with them. I don't even want to go back.
Just in case I get more problem after servicing.

Red_Bean_Bun;959279 said:
What happened ?

leonglh;959724 said:

2) sent to a site sponsored workshop. Changed small items like caskets, etc. less than $1k

5) left the car for a few days with them, they did some troubleshooting and dismantle the engine. after checking, they suggested to overhaul the engine. Total cost $9k before discount.

6) I did not even consider over the phone and gave a go ahead. Since all I wanted was to solve the damn problem. And they said some parts will take 2-3 weeks to arrive... Ok never mind. I will just rent a car.

7) After 3 weeks, still not ready. In total I waited 5 weeks. Never mind.. As long as the problem can be solved.

8) finally collected my car. Drove around and found it very sluggish and retarded.

9) sent back and they said it was due to some adaption reset, blah. Ok monitor for one week.

10) still sluggish and retarded after one week. Sent back and found nothing wrong....

11) now I really damn fed up and decided to look for another workshop. Guess what.. Knock sensor not connected!!

Expensive doesn't mean good. Reputable (although not really) doesn't mean good. And long wait doesn't mean good!

I still have two servicing package (from the what triple servicing) with them. I don't even want to go back.

Shouldn't have wasted your time with them and send straight to the other site sponsor workshops. Reputable? I have only heard more 'becarefuls' than anything else about them.

after the sensor re-connected, engine still "thirsty" ?

hope all is well especially after a 5weeks :huhhuh:overhaul.

on retrospect, you should have told them to get the parts in first beforehand. rather than leaving the car sitting 2-3 weeks for its arrival.

Those guys quite cheapo ..... could have at least asked if you would like expedited shipping since its already 9k.

Actually - a second hand engine I think cost less. Could have replaced the entire engine.

leonglh;959724 said:

The engine overhaul did solve the oil leaking problem. So far so good, already 3 months.

The disconnected knock sensor just made the car sluggish and kinda retarded.

Vansoh;959732 said:
after the sensor re-connected, engine still "thirsty" ?

hope all is well especially after a 5weeks :huhhuh:overhaul.

on retrospect, you should have told them to get the parts in first beforehand. rather than leaving the car sitting 2-3 weeks for its arrival.

Soifon;959730 said:
Shouldn't have wasted your time with them and send straight to the other site sponsor workshops. Reputable? I have only heard more 'becarefuls' than anything else about them.

Yes. Should have done that. But I wasn't ready to trust another site sponsor workshop since the first one did not solve the oil "missing" problem.

Basically all parts replaced except for the engine block....

I am actually quite easy going as long as the problem can be solved. Just don't give me more problems and unnecessary trips back to workshop.

Red_Bean_Bun;959735 said:
Those guys quite cheapo ..... could have at least asked if you would like expedited shipping since its already 9k.

Actually - a second hand engine I think cost less. Could have replaced the entire engine.

Overhaul for $9K is seriously expensive. I would give them a good scolding for not doing a proper job.

BTW if they replaced piston rings, you're going to have to "run in" your engine like a new car. It will be tight and feel a little sluggish I guess. But disconnected knock sensor... yucks that is pure negligence. They better start thinking of having a senior mechanic QA all the work of the junior folks.

Disconnected knock sensor, hmmm... maybe that's what happened to my old E90. Felt sluggish from the day it came out of PML until I sold it. Maybe all it needs is to reconnect the knock sensor.

Sometimes I wonder if there are any BMW master techs at all at these ADs ....

I seen these master techs at volvo, saab, porsche etc ..... quite different from your typical malaysian, pinoy or ah tiong mechs ......

For a major job like this ...... like what you said .... should get someone at that level to QA ....

detach8;959747 said:
Overhaul for $9K is seriously expensive. I would give them a good scolding for not doing a proper job.

BTW if they replaced piston rings, you're going to have to "run in" your engine like a new car. It will be tight and feel a little sluggish I guess. But disconnected knock sensor... yucks that is pure negligence. They better start thinking of having a senior mechanic QA all the work of the junior folks.

Disconnected knock sensor, hmmm... maybe that's what happened to my old E90. Felt sluggish from the day it came out of PML until I sold it. Maybe all it needs is to reconnect the knock sensor.

i must agree that you are a very easy going guy,:goodup:

leonglh;959745 said:
Basically all parts replaced except for the engine block....

I am actually quite easy going as long as the problem can be solved. Just don't give me more problems and unnecessary trips back to workshop.

Exact amt was actually 8.4k, after "discount" 7.9k..
Car rental I think 1.8k liao. What an expensive lesson to learn!

detach8;959747 said:

Now i know the real masters will not stay at pml or ma.

Red_Bean_Bun;959751 said:
Sometimes I wonder if there are any BMW master techs at all at these ADs ....

I seen these master techs at volvo, saab, porsche etc ..... quite different from your typical malaysian, pinoy or ah tiong mechs ......

For a major job like this ...... like what you said .... should get someone at that level to QA ....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iphone16seriesclickbuy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back