My E90 320i Repair Journal

Re: My E90 320i Repair Journal

View attachment 40018

Anyone encountered the above warning sign?

I flipped through my whole manual, searched on this forum, googled but all were the steering with the lock symbol. None came up on this particular symbol.
When i insert my key, there is a constant clicking sound coming from the steering column. Car does not crank at all as I think the steering lock is stuck.

delrosa81;872451 said:
View attachment 40018

Anyone encountered the above warning sign?

I flipped through my whole manual, searched on this forum, googled but all were the steering with the lock symbol. None came up on this particular symbol.
When i insert my key, there is a constant clicking sound coming from the steering column. Car does not crank at all as I think the steering lock is stuck.

found someone had the same problem as you. steering wheel lock issue.

Steering wheel light in the dash? - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Thanks alot lim_ck!!! My car still stuck at my office here.......will call the tow truck instead. Thanks!

delrosa81;872666 said:
Thanks alot lim_ck!!! My car still stuck at my office here.......will call the tow truck instead. Thanks!

Ok to update, I got my car fixed today. Changed the steering shaft and the problem was solved.

it is not an issue if it can be solved by $$$

:woottt:

delrosa81;870820 said:
Your mileage is pretty high, have your ride ever had an ATF change before? Maybe you can check out the site sponsor workshops for opinion? I have been told a few times that once your mileage exceeds 60,000 with the atf unchanged, its better not to change the atf for fear of causing issues to occur.

The problem is solved le.. i change the control arm bush.. there is no more jerking when i sudden brake.. The control arm bush is wear le.. =)

adam2;873325 said:
it is not an issue if it can be solved by $$$

:woottt:

True in a way but recently there have been so many problems, problem after another, it really gets frustrating sending the car in again and again....the hassle and the constant spending of thousands per repair.....really running low on vitamin M lol

DayDreaming;873362 said:
The problem is solved le.. i change the control arm bush.. there is no more jerking when i sudden brake.. The control arm bush is wear le.. =)

Thats good to hear! So its the control arm bush huh, I had my transmission changed when that happened lol. Maybe I should check the control arm bush next time when i get the jerk.

Thanks for sharing!

after owning mazda, toyota, honda, vw and bmw

i start to agree that in term of reliability, japanese wins

adam2;874239 said:
after owning mazda, toyota, honda, vw and bmw

i start to agree that in term of reliability, japanese wins

For me, my first vehicle was a Renault Kangoo, I drove that for 5 years, only problem was a leaking oil sump and the aircon switch going bad. Simple repairs done and I drove the nuts off the vehicle. Never a single problem. Only replaced wear and tears like brake pads, brake rotors and 1 clutch change. Thats all.

My 2nd and 3rd, a Jazz and Civic FD2, Jazz had the cvt gearbox break down in the 11th month of my ownership, got it fixed and sold off. My brand new Civic FD2 had engine oil disappearing after 4 months of ownership. Had to top up 2 litres of engine oil every 3000 to 4000km travelled. No leaks, no nothing. No smoke from exhuast too. Dunno where it disappeared to. Due to my air filter and intake manifold gasket was changed, my warranty was voided. So I tahan till 13th month then I sold it off.

My current, E90 320i, 1st 3 years, relatively problem free. Only 4th year onwards, some parts start to breakdown and have to replace some worn parts. But still I find it abit too much though.

Conclusion, Renault seems to be the only reliable Vehicle I ever owned lol

surprisingly Renault :goodup:

CVT is well known for kaboom!

E90 also drinks engine oil, i have to top up 500ml every 5-6000km

most cars start to give problem after the 4th or max 5th year mark :(
i'm actually pretty surprised judging that spore road condition is good
imagine if drive in msia b-road with potholes and heavily beaten road condition by big lorry/truck

Last edited by a moderator:

adam2;874255 said:
surprisingly Renault :goodup:

CVT is well known for kaboom!

E90 also drinks engine oil, i have to top up 500ml every 5-6000km

Yeah I was surprised too, cos when I got the Renault, everyone around me said, eh don buy, alot of problem one. sure jialat, etc. In the end no problems lol. For mine E90, didnt have the oil drinking problem, never had to top up a single drop of engine oil in between service intervals. It was only recently when valve seals started leaking then I had to keep topping up every week.

wt_know;874258 said:
most cars start to give problem after the 4th or max 5th year mark :(
i'm actually pretty surprised judging that spore road condition is good
imagine if drive in msia b-road with potholes and heavily beaten road condition by big lorry/truck

Yup, mine start giving problems nearing the 4th year mark. Actually when nearing the 4th year, i drove up to malacca with engine oil leaks in quite alot of places and a minor coolant leak lol. I didnt know also. But the car drove fine to and fro though. no warning signs or whatsoever.

Now my car repaired so many stuff, feels smooth and nice to drive again. Worth the money for repairs I feel. :)

DayDreaming;870856 said:
In this case it seems expensive.. recently i went to a workshop, they check my car & list the items require to change dan ask mi to go buy myself than they change for me & charge me labor.

Hi, can you PM me the workshop contact. I just bought a pre-loved E90 and would like to do a similar check to identify potential items which may need replacing.

Thanks in advance :)

lim_ck;797705 said:
Just like to check with experienced brothers if this is a concern.
Spotted some dried oil marks on part of the engine (as shown in the pic). Is this a sign of oil leakage? quite long time ago when car was at about 8K mileage, low oil level warning came up. Warning was cleared by topping up engine oil at PML. The problem did not come up eversince and car's mileage is now at about 33K. Car still got about 9 months of warranty left.

bro, now I have same symptoms as yours, what was e problem?

Hi! anyone going up to the workshop in JB. If so will like to come along. Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik88me
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back