My F30 issues

Re: My F30 issues

ob3lix;1128708 said:
go ask ur SA if its here... i was told there is a aircon software update... maybe and hope the update will help...

Ok, will ask SA when I go for 1st servicing, still got almost 5k to go. Thnx.

I probably shd ask for aircon software update. Occasionally the vent for driver blows hot air under auto mode with recirculation mode at *m*

averllia;1128740 said:
I probably shd ask for aircon software update. Occasionally the vent for driver blows hot air under auto mode with recirculation mode at *m*

no harm asking... :)

2 years, 2x drive train, 1x, coolant leakage, before reaching 10km, it needs to top up engine oil. What a car! How the the QC was done, components, designs ...

My 1 year old 316i has a high pitched sound surfacing during vey slow speed and braking after driving for some time. It seems that some parts are heated up and causes the sound. I brought to PML and they can't find any faults except to remove and re-install the back right wheel where the sound comes from. But the issue still remains..........Sigh:(:(

Actually I have encountered the same issue on my F30 318 LCI model. The high pitch sound comes from the left rear wheel for my case and it surfaces at low speed after driving for some time. Brought back twice to PML to rectify.

On the second time to PML, they re-adjust/re-calibrate the park brake shoe on my rear left wheel, and the sound kind of disappeared and occurs very occasionally now. Going to monitor further.

2 years, 2x drive train, 1x, coolant leakage, before reaching 10km, it needs to top up engine oil. What a car! How the the QC was done, components, designs ...

I can feel for you.

These problem are really worrying and I am also pondering the QC and built quality. I have to cross my fingers.

1) Care to share what is wrong with the drive train?

2) Coolant leakage could be detected using presure check to see where is the leakage --- hope it's only the coolant connecting hose and not the pipes!

3) Engine oil leaking?
Perhaps the seals and gasket? Wear and Tear, but still a bit too early with only 10K km mileage.

Tell PML to take their time to figure out the real root causes of all your car's problems. Meanwhile enjoy the courtesy car they gave you. I hear that they provide 335i these days. Not bad lah.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Tell PML to take their time to figure out the real root causes of all your car's problems. Meanwhile enjoy the courtesy car they gave you. I hear that they provide 335i these days. Not bad lah.

alexandra or tg rhu center ??

I can feel for you.

These problem are really worrying and I am also pondering the QC and built quality. I have to cross my fingers.

1) Care to share what is wrong with the drive train?
1st is O2 sensor in the 1st year. 2nd time is ignition coil. Checked the net, seems its lifespan is around 100,000. PML sais wear and tear ...

2) Coolant leakage could be detected using presure check to see where is the leakage --- hope it's only the coolant connecting hose and not the pipes!
Got the warning sign from dash board. Top up, after a week, leak again. Change the coolant tank before reaching the 2 year anniversary.

3) Engine oil leaking?
Perhaps the seals and gasket? Wear and Tear, but still a bit too early with only 10K km mileage.
PML says, it is normal. 10k KM 1 liter top up

Ya. But very troublesome.

A poll: in 1st year or 1st two years for your new car, how many times the car was sent to service for a fault? What are the faults and fixes? Just like to judge my case is extremely bad or on average ...

Hi all. Have 2 queries on f30.

1) Like to verify this. When shifting gears from D to R or vice versa while stationary, is it normal to have a very slight jerk on gear change? Can feel the gear change. Is this norm? Mine is a 316i and did not really take note until recently. Mileage is 17k.

2)There was once I accidentally pressed the wrong button P while coming to a stop before reversing into a lot . Itchy hand coz I put my thumb on the P button. Got a jerk of course coz moving forward and a sudden stop. Not sure if amy damage done. Can any one advise?

Last edited:
Hi all. Have 2 queries on f30.

1) Like to verify this. When shifting gears from D to R or vice versa while stationary, is it normal to have a very slight jerk on gear change? Can feel the gear change. Is this norm? Mine is a 316i and did not really take note until recently. Mileage is 17k.

2)There was once I accidentally pressed the wrong button P while coming to a stop before reversing into a lot . Itchy hand coz I put my thumb on the P button. Got a jerk of course coz moving forward and a sudden stop. Not sure if amy damage done. Can any one advise?
1) Mine doesn't have a jerk, but are you on a slope?

2) At low speeds, should be ok, but don't do it that often i guess? hahaha

Hi bro zacsbmw, thks for responding.

On slope is more obvious. On flat sometimes only. Do u feel the slightest change in gear from d to r ( vice versa) ? Normal driving when car on the move is normal. No jerk at all. Only when attempting to shift between p , d , r. Not always though.

Hi bro zacsbmw, thks for responding.

On slope is more obvious. On flat sometimes only. Do u feel the slightest change in gear from d to r ( vice versa) ? Normal driving when car on the move is normal. No jerk at all. Only when attempting to shift between p , d , r. Not always though.

I also sometimes get the jerk when shifting direct from D to R or P to D. So what I do these days is shift to N first. ie D-N-R, P-N-D. Not sure if it's the right way but seems to avoid the clanging sound during gear change. My car is 1.5 yrs old. Maybe some tech expert can advise us...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also sometimes get the jerk when shifting direct from D to R or P to D. So what I do these days is shift to N first. ie D-N-R, P-N-D. Not sure if it's the right way but seems to avoid the clanging sound during gear change. My car is 1.5 yrs old. Maybe some tech expert can advise us...

Hi bro, that's what I'm doing now to avoid the jerk when changing p, r, d. My car coming to 1 yr. The most obvious jerk is directly from d to p at times.

Just to share pop by Pml yesterday and went for a check. Was informed its normal when changing p, r, d as long as the jerk is not according when slowing down/ moving off. ( Soleniod issue) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikvip9fit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back