My F30 issues

Re: My F30 issues

F30BKSP;1127432 said:
Yeah....that's what i thought too....but feels like it will slowly cut off the outside air...so still ok....Too lazy to bring the car for checking....also worried about more problematic after programming...

With A instead of M, you will notice that the pungent outside air disappear after awhile, that's due to the filtration of outside air into the cabin making it odorless and supposedly harmless, however if you still get pungent air after awhile, think its time to get PML change the filter.

My 1 year old 316i has a high pitched sound surfacing during vey slow speed and braking after driving for some time. It seems that some parts are heated up and causes the sound. I brought to PML and they can't find any faults except to remove and re-install the back right wheel where the sound comes from. But the issue still remains..........Sigh:(:(

palin;1127433 said:
With A instead of M, you will notice that the pungent outside air disappear after awhile, that's due to the filtration of outside air into the cabin making it odorless and supposedly harmless, however if you still get pungent air after awhile, think its time to get PML change the filter.
In my case, I coded it to default to 'M' to avoid all the hassle when starting the car. In 'M' mode the air is recirculated thru the cabin air filter.

Actually no need to code right? I just put to auto mode and select M. Nonetheless like to check if anyone has same encounter. Sometimes the air flow to driver vent(center) would be weaker. Passenger side is stronger. After a while both the centre vent will have same airflow.

I went to 2 different bm workshops. One said there should be a leak in freon( plug in and diagnose with laptop. I was shown the readings) . Topped up for me and asked to monitor. Few days later check back seemed to have little leak. Then I went to another aircon specilalist. This one shared that my aircon is perfectly fine. Used a machine and removed the freon. Was informed over filled. Dunno which is which. Aircon still cold now. Just sometime airflow weaker at driver side. Mine still under warranty. Just lazy to go pml . don't have good impression of them due to past experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

averllia;1127746 said:
Actually no need to code right? I just put to auto mode and select M. Nonetheless like to check if anyone has same encounter. Sometimes the air flow to driver vent(center) would be weaker. Passenger side is stronger. After a while both the centre vent will have same airflow.

I went to 2 different bm workshops. One said there should be a leak in freon( plug in and diagnose with laptop. I was shown the readings) . Topped up for me and asked to monitor. Few days later check back seemed to have little leak. Then I went to another aircon specilalist. This one shared that my aircon is perfectly fine. Used a machine and removed the freon. Was informed over filled. Dunno which is which. Aircon still cold now. Just sometime airflow weaker at driver side. Mine still under warranty. Just lazy to go pml . don't have good impression of them due to past experience.

mine also weaker or at times completely almost not blowing...

Bro ob3lix, thks for the reply seems like our 316i shared this common fate. Sigh. Wonder if others have this issue.

averllia;1127756 said:
Bro ob3lix, thks for the reply seems like our 316i shared this common fate. Sigh. Wonder if others have this issue.

maybe our cars came from the same batch...

averllia;1127746 said:

Is it because it is set to Auto? The Auto function will vary the air distribution and fan speed to achieve the desired temperature. Turn off Auto and set the air intake to M to see if problem recurs.

Tried M. Its worse. Can be barely no airflow at times (that was before I went to both workshops to get opinion) .thereafter I was recommended to use Auto. Had not tried Manual since. Was informed When. Switched to Auto. It tries to distribute. So leave it to the computer.

Also not sure u guys encounters this too. There is always this plastic sound coming behind the aircon panel. The 2 bm workshop I went to said this is normal. Its the flaps moving inside. It a plasticky sound 'tiak'. Dunno if its just me having this sound

Just to be sure we are on the same page. There is a button near the right side of the aircon control panel. This sets the air intake to either A, M or 'off'. I normally set this to M to force recirculation mode. Separately, there is a round knob on the left of the panel that sets the temperature for the passenger side. If you press this knob it sets the climate control to Auto or Manual fan speed control. When in Auto, the fan buttons adjust the intensity of the auto programme and adjusts fan speed/air distribution automatically. When in Manual mode, this is controlled by the user. Try setting it to Manual mode. Do also adjust the driver side to match as well. Hope this is of help.

scorpiusx;1127768 said:
Just to be sure we are on the same page. There is a button near the right side of the aircon control panel. This sets the air intake to either A, M or 'off'. I normally set this to M to force recirculation mode. Separately, there is a round knob on the left of the panel that sets the temperature for the passenger side. If you press this knob it sets the climate control to Auto or Manual fan speed control. When in Auto, the fan buttons adjust the intensity of the auto programme and adjusts fan speed/air distribution automatically. When in Manual mode, this is controlled by the user. Try setting it to Manual mode. Do also adjust the driver side to match as well. Hope this is of help.

right side = correct. understood.. M..

left side = not ON, tat mean i am on Manual rite..

yea.. problem still there on and off..

Hmm... Sounds like it could really be that the refrigerant is too low. The system cools one side first then channel the refrigerant to cool the other.

Hi all, after driving for 2 mth+ my 316 starts to develop a slight knocking sound from the rear right when the rear wheel going over uneven road, turning right, or over a speed hump. Does anyone has any of such knocking sounds on your f30? I went to pml and was informed need greasing. Its getting slightly louder and Im quite anal abt it coz once I hear it, its always there. I thinkbits more of something loose. Sometimes it sounds like it just at the door. But definitely not the door. Its not a rattle but some slight knocking. Sianz.

Last edited by a moderator:

averllia;1128677 said:
Hi all, after driving for 2 mth+ my 316 starts to develop a slight knocking sound from the rear right when the rear wheel going over uneven road, turning right, or over a speed hump. Does anyone has any of such knocking sounds on your f30? I went to pml and was informed need greasing. Its getting slightly louder and Im quite anal abt it coz once I hear it, its always there. I thinkbits more of something loose. Sometimes it sounds like it just at the door. But definitely not the door. Its not a rattle but some slight knocking. Sianz.

You need to go test drive with the QC from PML to duplicate the knocking sound. Only driver or even passenger can hear the knocking sound? If only driver, get QC to drive your car & try to create the knocking sound. I noticed my knocking sound from front driver side. Mine is 320i.

Hi, already gotten the guys in grey from pml to go round. He heard it but can't pin point where exactly from. Can only confirm its rear right. . Asked me to send car in. Need 1 day for greasing. If still cannot then will check on ball joints. U have yours resolved? Can share whats that? For mine quite obvious to the driver. Passenger can hear but not as clear. However sometime can be heard clearly when loud enough.

averllia;1128680 said:
Hi, already gotten the guys in grey from pml to go round. He heard it but can't pin point where exactly from. Can only confirm its rear right. . Asked me to send car in. Need 1 day for greasing. If still cannot then will check on ball joints. U have yours resolved? Can share whats that? For mine quite obvious to the driver. Passenger can hear but not as clear. However sometime can be heard clearly when loud enough.

Mine not yet send to check. Will do that for next servicing.

After the hazy season, the first time it started to rain early last week, the centre vent near to driver side started spewing hot air, however all the other vents were blowing cold air. Wierd?! I noticed that the outside temp reflect around 24-25 degrees whereas my aircon set at 20 degrees AUTO mode with cabin air recirculating (M instead of A). I had to switch out from AUTO and with fan speed 2 of 7, it gradually gets more comfortable (meaning blowing cold instead of hot air at me!). However, the next few days when the weather was hotter (o/s temp >30 degrees), this issue did not replicate again. Anyone has encountered this before?

palin;1128699 said:
After the hazy season, the first time it started to rain early last week, the centre vent near to driver side started spewing hot air, however all the other vents were blowing cold air. Wierd?! I noticed that the outside temp reflect around 24-25 degrees whereas my aircon set at 20 degrees AUTO mode with cabin air recirculating (M instead of A). I had to switch out from AUTO and with fan speed 2 of 7, it gradually gets more comfortable (meaning blowing cold instead of hot air at me!). However, the next few days when the weather was hotter (o/s temp >30 degrees), this issue did not replicate again. Anyone has encountered this before?

go ask ur SA if its here... i was told there is a aircon software update... maybe and hope the update will help...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vb66site

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back