My F30 Mod today

Re: My F30 Mod today

Red_Bean_Bun;1074342 said:
View attachment 59958

Bms mounts it on the passenger side .......

No leh. Is that yours? Or a picture from the internet.

US passenger side is right over the turbo also. Their piping is not long enough to reach our passenger side. And oil will still condense even if it is over our turbo area. Mainly is to boil off the water captured if any.

Some of the US guys have captured almost a full occ in just half a tank. Mainly due to their colder weather and that 2 cases drive short distances without letting the car warm up. Most of the content, at least 95% is water and fuel.

View attachment 59960

Installation guide from bms

Reason why I posted mine is cause I cannot reach that mounting point with a gruppem air intake.

casper77;1074358 said:
From the pic, u supposed to connect with a supplied hose. Dont you have it?

It comes with 2 hoses, 1 shorter one with an L elbow and a funnel. This is the one with the problem. It is not long enough to reach the passenger side of the car...

Unless you fabricate this hose, there is no way u can reach the other side... Nor was it intended to be not installed at our driver side (right side) of the vehicle.

This was what was caught in the OCC after 45 miles in the USA... This was already over the turbo side but without the driver driving long enough for the engine bay to reach the normal operating temperatures...
attachment.php
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17382&stc=1&d=1390011417

Last edited by a moderator:

Pic is from BMS ........

But if boil off meaning it becomes a gas (you mean like OCC catches the water then have OCC sit near a heat source to be turned into steam) - the vacuum will suck vapor and all through the oil separator then into the intake manifold ...... The OCC is suppose to reduce that .....tougher in our climate unlike colder countries.

I think it would be good to catch whatever via the OCC then pour the stuff out ....... The thing is finding a cooler part of the bay to condense the water and oil.

If that part of the ride is the only practical place to put then no choice.

I have mine sitting near the turbos but I have a bonnet vent right on top of it to cool it down ...... so condensation happens.

Seraphblade;1074357 said:
View attachment 59960

Installation guide from bms

Reason why I posted mine is cause I cannot reach that mounting point with a gruppem air intake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finally completed the look! Rear boot lid spoiler, rear diffuser, black kidney grilles and lastly front lip spoiler. Just got the lip spoiler fitted at Miracle Body Workz. Fantastic fit and good service from Kif.

for those who installed bmw camera.. isnt it costly? where we can install other ones going at 1/3 the price. appreciate some advice

ShaunJeremy;1079279 said:
Didn't like the looks of the oem camera . Oem products are always more expensive cos' u are paying for the brand .

Went for blackvue instead .

But blackvue cams mostly spoil if parked under the sun, they cannot take the heat

The older models CMI.

The newer models are ok and can last under the sun.

playstation76;1079608 said:
But blackvue cams mostly spoil if parked under the sun, they cannot take the heat

Hi,

Is there somewhere on this forum where I can find BMW Tech Instructions (EBAs)?

Thank you

Rsnic;1082228 said:
Hi,

Is there somewhere on this forum where I can find BMW Tech Instructions (EBAs)?

Thank you

Not on this forum .......

Out of curiosity - what are you looking for ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88directory
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back