My F30 Mod today

Re: My F30 Mod today

Ah yang;1097901 said:
Yes. Wat he mean is u can never use a 328 dme on a 320. Bt crack a 320 dme is possible. The game is tis. If u go engsoon buy a 328 dme n try install in ur 320 thinking wil increase power. U wil nv get to use it. Cos every dme nid to be coded. Even 2units of 320 exchange dme. They wont be able to use it too. I might be wrong. Bt my dme is halfway there. Juz dun hv the time to continue.

Noted bro, n thx for the explanation oso, happy modding cheers!

I am quite curious, so we can flash our dme now for fuelling and timing advance??

Coding a 328 DME for it to work with a 320 is not really a flash. It has been done for quite a while.

When the DME is cracked, we will be able to flash the 320 DME directly. Coupled with a piggyback that "hijacks" the can bus (such as the JB4 for N54/55), you have the best combination in the market (most powerful).

Even Dinan gave up on coming up with a real tune and came out with a piggyback instead. So are the other big players in the market such as BMS Juicebox, AFE, etc are still doing piggybacks and waiting for the DME to be cracked so that they can flash in new fuelling parameters and timing advances.

Red_Bean_Bun;1097732 said:
Exciting stuff.....
Vmax, powerclass, mil deactivation and the list goes on already there for some time ..... Fueling and other changes however still needs manipulation. And that is what will tip the balance when a 320 is done with a conversion to 328 and then tuned. That being said - direct changes to the btld or swfl is doubtful (crack). But that is unnecessary when you can use maps via other means to get more output out of a converted 320 .....

Its been done already and a part of it has to be done via coding while the rest is is dependent on changes to the DME.

And yes ...... Its all done in Singapore already.

I think we still will need the fuelling to be remapped... Piggyback alone cannot do too much...
Vargas and RB turbos are shelving their turbo upgrades for the N20 as there is not real control possible (yet).

Btw, I am talking abt for the 328 and 335. Even for the 320, when the DME is fully flashable, I am sure there is more we can do (even more power) compared to plugging in a coded 328 DME.

The 328 and 335 has nothing better than piggy backs at the moment - quite true.

One thought that is being tinkered at the moment - additional sensor to the wastegates on top of the boost, camshaft and manifold.

In the mean time, one could look at the transmission instead ..... Power is nothing without delivery.

With the ZF 45z 8 speeders - lots of opportunities there.

Seraphblade;1097954 said:
I think we still will need the fuelling to be remapped... Piggyback alone cannot do too much...
Vargas and RB turbos are shelving their turbo upgrades for the N20 as there is not real control possible (yet).

Btw, I am talking abt for the 328 and 335. Even for the 320, when the DME is fully flashable, I am sure there is more we can do (even more power) compared to plugging in a coded 328 DME.

casper77;1097917 said:
u guys got cw decal???

I have 3.
One on each windscreen and a spare one in my glove compartment :nehnehhh:

Jason8822;1098002 said:
I have 3.
One on each windscreen and a spare one in my glove compartment :nehnehhh:

wow.... tis is too much....
u rily cheap skate lay.....

heng i dnt hve decal... if not same class like u...

Passed 10 to Rend to pass you ..... he never give you ?

casper77;1098023 said:
wow.... tis is too much....
u rily cheap skate lay.....

heng i dnt hve decal... if not same class like u...

Red_Bean_Bun;1097999 said:
The 328 and 335 has nothing better than piggy backs at the moment - quite true.

One thought that is being tinkered at the moment - additional sensor to the wastegates on top of the boost, camshaft and manifold.

In the mean time, one could look at the transmission instead ..... Power is nothing without delivery.

With the ZF 45z 8 speeders - lots of opportunities there.

The DME code is cracked already. The cost is double what we are paying for piggyback. I am still not sure what is the advantages as compare to piggyback since i can change the map on the fly. And true maybe this is more beneficial for 20i model.

The piggy back has its limitations - e.g fueling and timing related areas to make full use of a bigger turbo.

You can change the map in the piggy back on the fly.

You cannot change the map of the dme on the fly.

And a remap versus a piggy back map change - which one are you referring to ?

If its a remap - it would be interesting to know which application is used to edit the swfl.

sbc55;1098059 said:
The DME code is cracked already. The cost is double what we are paying for piggyback. I am still not sure what is the advantages as compare to piggyback since i can change the map on the fly. And true maybe this is more beneficial for 20i model.

Last edited by a moderator:

The DME is flashed but i don't know whether we can freely make changes to the map. I will ask them how to make changes to the dme. Btw the vmax is lifted as well.

sbc55;1098073 said:
The DME is flashed but i don't know whether we can freely make changes to the map. I will ask them how to make changes to the dme. Btw the vmax is lifted as well.

I have made the changes to the dme already including lifting the vmax and flashing to get around the detune .......

Would work for 116 to 118, 320 to 328 and 520 to 528 ......

The maps can't be altered directly.

I know you are referring to flash dme from 20i with that from 28i.

But i am talking about flashing the 528i dme to gain another 20-30% horsepower for a stock car. The DME is indeed cracked now and can be remap. I am still contemplating to upgrade my dme or continue to use my piggyback.

The consideration now is i don't think i will change to bigger turbo or even install any performance staff so this may not be attractive for me.

Yup was referring to the 20i to 28i flash - Our idea is to install the converted base flash and VIN on to a new DME and swap out the old DME.

This makes it easier to revert back to stock later. Service will be launched next month

Specifically for the 28i remap - they seem to emphasize the ability to change the vmax and MIL. Including the power class. That is the easy part.

That german WS that made the claims - Power output numbers looked similar to one using a piggy back - no point in general.

And if it the idea is to fit e.g bigger turbos then a custom tune is needed - Pre-prepared DMEs are going to be a lot of effort, coordination and downtime time for each and every case.

I would stick with the piggy back first and see how they refine their process first .....

sbc55;1098088 said:
I know you are referring to flash dme from 20i with that from 28i.

But i am talking about flashing the 528i dme to gain another 20-30% horsepower for a stock car. The DME is indeed cracked now and can be remap. I am still contemplating to upgrade my dme or continue to use my piggyback.

The consideration now is i don't think i will change to bigger turbo or even install any performance staff so this may not be attractive for me.

Haha with your new offering, then no point buying 28i engine liao, should buy 20i and look for you. Save the money to retrofit more options.

sbc55, what option are u looking at for the dme flash for the 328 and 335s?

My F30 Mod today

Red_Bean_Bun;1098112 said:
Yup was referring to the 20i to 28i flash - Our idea is to install the converted base flash and VIN on to a new DME and swap out the old DME.

This makes it easier to revert back to stock later. Service will be launched next month

Specifically for the 28i remap - they seem to emphasize the ability to change the vmax and MIL. Including the power class. That is the easy part.

That german WS that made the claims - Power output numbers looked similar to one using a piggy back - no point in general.

And if it the idea is to fit e.g bigger turbos then a custom tune is needed - Pre-prepared DMEs are going to be a lot of effort, coordination and downtime time for each and every case.

I would stick with the piggy back first and see how they refine their process first .....

sbc55;1098177 said:
Haha with your new offering, then no point buying 28i engine liao, should buy 20i and look for you. Save the money to retrofit more options.

Solid.......

Seraphblade;1098260 said:
sbc55, what option are u looking at for the dme flash for the 328 and 335s?

I am not so sure what is your question? The DME flash is only for stock car without any options. I dunno whether the flashed DME is suitable for modded car or not ???

I found this video online, thought it was quite handy for those who want to install their own camera, I wasn't aware there was a 12v socket under the glove compartment (unless SG model different)

[video=youtube;LfmAhDq7lxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmAhDq7lxc[/video]

good day bimmers,

replaced the wheels last week

image.jpg

image.jpg

BC Forged HB-R5 / 20" / Gunmetal

BC Forged HB-R5 / 20" / Gunmetal[/QUOTE]

Nice..!!

What's the offset like, damage to the pocket?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8livenet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back