N20 vs N55 engine turbo sound

Re: N20 vs N55 engine turbo sound

wobbles;753454 said:
Thank you, bro golilok, for sparing a thought for the baguettes of the world...

But I am troubled by your N55 experience... In less than 2 weeks (so says my ever squeezable SE), I should be down at PML, creaming myself to kingdom come as my fingers caress the seductive lines of my F13, exploring her every nook and cranny, feeling the tight metal muscle that is promised under that long, swooping lines of her bonnet.

Then, suddenly, potong steam as the tiak-tiaking sounds upon starting up the engine...

It is enough to give any man nightmares!!!!!

aiyo.. not that jialiat lar.. just put it into sports mode.. move the transmission to sports... then WOT..
sure to put a smile on your face.... works for me..

To be fair bro, mainly at cold start. I didn't pay attention when the engine is hot already. I will observe today and report to you.

when stop and idle, off your radio and wind down your window
stick your ear out a little and see can hear tiak tiak tiak like Hyundai taxi :D

primus22;753465 said:
To be fair bro, mainly at cold start. I didn't pay attention when the engine is hot already. I will observe today and report to you.

porky88;753459 said:
aiyo.. not that jialiat lar.. just put it into sports mode.. move the transmission to sports... then WOT..
sure to put a smile on your face.... works for me..

Hehehehe.. Yah, yah. That's my plan anyway. Wife ALWAYS puts the F02 in COMFORT (limp di¢k) mode.... so, I told her, my F13, you don't molest. I don't touch your comfort mode, you don't tweak my Sports mode.

Of course, I said it very much more politely, and I also added the words "please dear". I Internet hero... Talk big, but very timid hahahahaha

if bmw ever brings out the power kit for the F10 N55... it will make my day..
it has been out for the 1 and 3 series n55 for months....

porky88;753478 said:
if bmw ever brings out the power kit for the F10 N55... it will make my day..
it has been out for the 1 and 3 series n55 for months....

How much extra can they wring out of the N55? Do you know the hp and Nm gains? If PML installs this, it should still qualify as stock hehehehe

Oh. You mean, the gains from 306 to 320 horses ah? I was hoping they would pump out closer to 340 like the z4 sDrive35is...

MW;753439 said:
Funny how we spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on a nice car but instead of raving about how stable and how good our cars' engines are..we now see people complaining about turbo problems...why can't BMW produce more reliable engines?
Alpina uses the same engine from BMW stable to tune & no failure. Maybe BMW uses cheapo parts.

Alpina whore FTW:goodup:

ok bros. I checked yesterday, when engine is hot, its not so bad. Can feel the vibration if try very hard to pay attention to it.

Confirmed no chio bu sitting you

Pls focus on the good things not the bad ones
You will be a happier man

can your baguette swing left and right like your long f13? OT

anyway am sure u will love your drive, as it only comes with n55, dun have n52 option.
looking forward to your review!

wobbles;753454 said:
Thank you, bro golilok, for sparing a thought for the baguettes of the world...

But I am troubled by your N55 experience... In less than 2 weeks (so says my ever squeezable SE), I should be down at PML, creaming myself to kingdom come as my fingers caress the seductive lines of my F13, exploring her every nook and cranny, feeling the tight metal muscle that is promised under that long, swooping lines of her bonnet.

Then, suddenly, potong steam as the tiak-tiaking sounds upon starting up the engine...

It is enough to give any man nightmares!!!!!

hitmee;754262 said:
Confirmed no chio bu sitting you

Pls focus on the good things not the bad ones
You will be a happier man

Another fine example of a post chock-a-block full of Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y

Sibei tokkong!

Sat ST review of z4 N20 said BMW max capacity therefore no consistently.

So true! Quality affected

Heh. Wait for my F13, then I will show them how a REAL review is written, dun pray pray, hehe

hitmee;755152 said:
Sat ST review of z4 N20 said BMW max capacity therefore no consistently.

So true! Quality affected

What's also true is the consistency (or the lack thereof) in the different reviews - one will say engine in 520i is good, then, the next will say engine in sDrive2.0 is harsh.

Same like how Straits Times will publish one line about the withdrawal of a PAP candidate from the Tanjong Pagar GRC (and then, absolutely no more news or follow up as to why he was withdrawn), but harp on ad nauseum about (ex) MP Yaw's lurid, sordid trysts with anything in a skirt....

Where's the consistency in that?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8823

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back