N52B25 upgrades

Re: N52B25 upgrades

Sat in Chester's car yesterday afternoon immediately after he had the powerbox installed. The difference was felt immediately as a pax in his car having sat in it only a week back. As 878 describes, the mid rev pull was harder.

Off topic a bit but on 878's experience with the car, my experience with car, or at least with my n54 engine, the is entirely opposite.
D mode the car will auto upshift easier while when in Sport/Sport+, the ECU will hold the gear.

hi guys, hahas sorry for this realllyyy late reply! =) firstly, BOSS motorsports did a really good job on my car.. i had a good session with them and their service was v good :) installation was very fast and smooth...

anyway on to the power box, after driving it for a few days, i could be feel gains in both mid and high end. when traveling at 190km/h on stock, u really need to push the car for it to climb. but with the power box installed, car was VERY wiling to go. but then again, i'm quite a conservative driver, so i eased off the pedal.. :) hehe.

Hope that BMS can improve the front end acceleration. there's a slight improve on stop-go acceleration but can definitely be improved. mid end from 30-120km/h, u can start to feel the pull.

when on stock, torque only peaked ard 2500RPM, but with the power box, torque peaked twice! :dance: once ard 2500RPM and AGAIN at 4000RPM.. hehe nice.

I tested my car with an AUDI A5 quattro 2.0TFSI engine with S-tronic... both with and without the power box. :)
before, confirm lose. haha front acceleration lost, then when mid and high end kicked in, was quite too late to chase. cause power at mid and high end quite similar to the A5.
After the power box, front end acceleration lost a bit, but once hit 40km/h, the Zed started to pull away a little.. :) so overall quite happy.. hehe. so that very much explains the effect of the power box..

downsides of the power box, fuel consumption increased a little, prob because the car more torquey, and thus tempting to run.. :) ha ha. the car also automatically upshifted, even though i was on manual like what 878 mentioned.. and when i was on MAP 7, after turning off the car, 10 min later when i started the car and left, the throttle response was 0. meaning when i stepped the pedal, there was no response at all. but after restarting the car and resetting the MAP, prob was solved. haven't experienced it since yesterday.. hope that it won't happen again.. :) other than that, its good :)

haha anyway, any questions feel free to ask :) i'm more than happy to answer. Thanks!

Hi Chester,

alright man.............

vroom vroom........

cheers

Thanks for the unbiased feedback on our newly launched PowerBox, Chester.

There will be definitely software updates/upgrades available to your PowerBox in the future, hence the PowerBox's full potential is yet to be explored! BOSS will be taking care of that for you.

Hey I'm new

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

Boss Motorsports;493937 said:
Thanks for the unbiased feedback on our newly launched PowerBox, Chester.

There will be definitely software updates/upgrades available to your PowerBox in the future, hence the PowerBox's full potential is yet to be explored! BOSS will be taking care of that for you.

haha thanks! :) much appreciated. hoping to hear frm u soon! :)

Unfortunately no Forced Induction for this motor due to it's Aluminium/Magnesium construction :(

I have got a sdrive23i as well recently and do feel it to be underpowered. though that feeling is more obvious when i go to Malaysia...in singapore I am a well behaved driver :)
this discussion obviously seems too tempting to go for the powerbox! my only concerns:

1. Can it be uninstalled easily by self?

2. Does it allow you to be in stock mode? (i am not an engineer and do not understand the ECU mappings, but what I mean is can I have my dull n boring ride with powerbox installed)

3. Will it impact the cars resale adversely? as I am a foreigner and wouldnt be keeping this car for more than a year or max 2 yrs.

Actually I just want to add another 10-15 bhp in the 4000+ rpm range and I should be a happier man on the road.

rathoras;508626 said:
I have got a sdrive23i as well recently and do feel it to be underpowered. though that feeling is more obvious when i go to Malaysia...in singapore I am a well behaved driver :)
this discussion obviously seems too tempting to go for the powerbox! my only concerns:

1. Can it be uninstalled easily by self?

- leave it to the expert...dun mess around unless you are 101% sure what you doing...this ain't your simple air filter drop in mod. have a word with BOSS on disconnection

2. Does it allow you to be in stock mode? (i am not an engineer and do not understand the ECU mappings, but what I mean is can I have my dull n boring ride with powerbox installed)

- 7 maps to play with of whch map 0 reverts the car back to stock bypassing PBX completely. the maps can be changed easily pumping the accelerator pedals. they will teach you lah.

3. Will it impact the cars resale adversely? as I am a foreigner and wouldnt be keeping this car for more than a year or max 2 yrs.

- obviously not, unlike reflashing ECU the PBX can be removed easily and just resell it.

Actually I just want to add another 10-15 bhp in the 4000+ rpm range and I should be a happier man on the road.

- sure or not...bhp/nm power is never ending pursuit i believe.

...my comments above

Last edited by a moderator:

Tks to Deadkookaburra for helping with the answers, and pretty straight answers too!

Hi Rathoras, do give me a call at 9843-1011 should you have futher queries.

Thanks for the advice Deadkookaburra!

Fuzzy are you with the Boss? will give you a call tomorrow to learn more about this.

rathoras;508740 said:
Thanks for the advice Deadkookaburra!

Fuzzy are you with the Boss? will give you a call tomorrow to learn more about this.

Indeed I am :) Look forward to your call.

hi Fuzzy, apologies this investment is taking a back seat for now as I got to get some more important things to sort out.

rathoras;509364 said:
hi Fuzzy, apologies this investment is taking a back seat for now as I got to get some more important things to sort out.

No worries bro!

Just had a powerbox installed unto my E93 at Boss Motorsports today!

Only tried MAP 7 so far but the difference in the car's performance can be felt in the higher revs. However I feel that the car's stop-go performance could be further improved and I am eagerly awaiting the upgrades.

In all, I left Sin Ming a happy customer and the money spent was worth every cent. =)

Tks for the positive feedback :)

We've already been beta testing a v1.2s map update that significantly improves the low end response. V1.2s makes the car feel like a different animal & feedback thus far has been great!

This update is exclusive to our Singapore market and reflects our commitment to progress.

Update will be free to all existing customers of ours.. stay tuned!

Hello Fuzzy,

Regarding the v1.2s low end improvements, is it due to revise throttle mapping or torque & HP increase in the lower rev range?

Are there any v1.2s dyno charts available yet to compare with the version 1?

Thanks.

fuzzy;511459 said:
Tks for the positive feedback :)

We've already been beta testing a v1.2s map update that significantly improves the low end response. V1.2s makes the car feel like a different animal & feedback thus far has been great!

This update is exclusive to our Singapore market and reflects our commitment to progress.

Update will be free to all existing customers of ours.. stay tuned!

v1.2s runs more aggressive ignition timing & has slightly richer AFR targets below 2500rpm. The throttle boost mapping for maps 1, 2 & 3 have also been kicked up a few notches in view of feedback from our current pool of customers. Compensation values for temperature have been tweaked to be more lenient.

I have not had a chance to do a back to back comparison of v1.1s & v1.2s on the same car on my dyno but will get to it eventually. You should see more torque from the lower rpm range with possibly slight gains in HP at the mid & top end.

hey guys, i actually tried the v1.2 update on my car after installing the powerbox, and honestly, the difference is quite significant. car feels much more torquey, on the low end theres a huge improvement and of course pick up feels faster too.. :) can't wait to do another dyno run on this new chip.. hehe..

this upgrade is a must for all N52 engines man! :)

good buy, and of course, thanks to BOSS motorsports that have shown such wonderful commitment to their customers. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor8832

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back