Need 3 Series Driver Help

Re: Need 3 Series Driver Help

blacklights;643154 said:
just felt like chipping in. if you want to get a bimmer, why not? it's your money and yours to decide. other than that, your spouse / fiance should agree to this as well.

Try buying it second hand - let someone else who can afford take the hit for you .........

With inflation the way it is today, i wouldn't take a loan to buy the car if the instalments will consume more than 35% of your monthly income - but that's just me. Why work so hard each day to pay the bank?

Downpay the car then.

go test drive the car..i think you will not like the power since u seem to be used to a rex. i told myself i dont need a fast car when i was considering getting a z4...tested the 23i and didn like it.

Also if you planning to buy a hdb in 4 yrs..i guess u should rly save up now instead of getting a car... u mentioned ur combine income is 7-9k? in 4 yrs..i guess it will be 10k+? = not eligible for HDB!! unless u dont mind resale...

even then he can't take hdb loan which is cheap

i just feel so unfair that i am not allowed to buy new HDB..not everyone likes to stay in private property...

why cant i wanna spend all my money on other stuff than on my house?
why cant i spend all my cpf when i reach 55?
i just wanna make my own mistakes!!

i'm glad i voted wisely :)

Ask so much for wat??????????

If you like BMW, then just buy it.

WRX is definately much faster/powerful than a 320i........

Now you're looking at Brand over Power......Do wat you like.....

If financially U can't make it, then either stick to your current car or take bus/MRT.............

Dun KPKB when you find that a Vios overtakes your 320i......

'The Great White'

If I want to buy 335, how much salary do I need? Can someone advise me? I am single with no family committment, age 25. Thank you and sorry for OT.

C3P0;643701 said:
If I want to buy 335, how much salary do I need? Can someone advise me? I am single with no family committment, age 25. Thank you and sorry for OT.

join my MLM.
i bought my 335 at age 23.
now at age 25, i driving R8 spyder.
i have more than 2 families commitment somemore.

join me now......call me.

hitmee;643705 said:
join my MLM.
i bought my 335 at age 23.
now at age 25, i driving R8 spyder.
i have more than 2 families commitment somemore.

join me now......call me.

Wa ha ha, become tua tang thread.
Btw your MLM sell what products? If I join must follow 15 conditions?

C3P0;643721 said:
Wa ha ha, become tua tang thread.
Btw your MLM sell what products? If I join must follow 15 conditions?

You better check with your CEO to see if he allows you to switch career

Cheers

robot astronomical salary is under review now
he kan cheong looking for other lobang in advance b4 the report is out and anytime ready to jump ship liao
S5/RS5 on the way liao?

ac323;643725 said:

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;643725 said:

Cheers
He deserted me liao. He says Marina Bay's XMM prettier. :furious:

wt_know;643728 said:
robot astronomical salary is under review now
he kan cheong looking for other lobang in advance b4 the report is out and anytime ready to jump ship liao
S5/RS5 on the way liao?
Thank you bro. My salary review is certainly under way and I hope my increment can beat the inflation rate this time round.
I'm looking at R8 Spyder. I heard join Hitmee's MLM already can achieve it? :lol2:

R8 spyder will cause you to have MANY families commitment

U sure u want it?
Call me

wilman2772;643676 said:
Dun KPKB when you find that a Vios overtakes your 320i......

'The Great White'
Wilson, that's something new to me.

LOL!

davidtch;643777 said:
Wilson, that's something new to me.

LOL!

Actually its true, modded Manual Tranny vios. Mine 320 smoked by my friend's modded manual vios. With customised cams and many other goodies.

Mine is totally stock engine, even air filter now. But if U ask me, stock to stock, from the lights, mine would also have trouble catching up. Maybe my skill lousy LOL!

Just to chip in.

If you are looking to have power in your ride, stick to the WRX. If you are looking at the prestige/class comfort and a continental feel for your ride, then go for the BMW.

Now to look at the financial side which has been the subject of some debate.

1. Maintenance. You are already driving a 6yr old WRX. I'm sure that a 2yr old BMW will have less maintenance costs. Your WRX would have quite high mileage and wear and tear replacements will have to be factored in. Also, I think that a WRX, as a performance car, will have more technical issues. In the next 4 years, you will probably spend more on the WRX than the BMW.

2. In theory, any savings from upkeep of the BMW instead of the WRX could be used for paying part of your instalments. Also, the BMW should be more fuel economical so there might be some slight savings there (probably very slight).

3. Part of the instalment you pay every month goes towards a BMW with a higher residual value in OMV. I'm assuming that the BMW has a higher OMV than the WRX. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this. Therefore, at the end of the life of the BMW, you would have more for your downpayment for next car.

4. Looking at it in a simple way would be to examine the depreciation. I have no idea what the depreciation of the WRX would be but lets say you are comparing $7k WRX depreciation to $9k BMW depreciation. This would be $2k p.a. and this translates to ..... $166 more per month. Is this affordable depre for you?

To sum up. On a general basis, I would agree with those who think that $3k pm is too little to be financially sustainable but I think that this approach should not be confined to the BMW but to you buying cars at all.The statement should not be not to buy a BMW but don't even own a car. However, you've already had a WRX for a while and it is fully paid you seem to be able to manage owning a car. It is good to note that you have 3/4 saved for your marriage etc in a few years time.

Bottom line is this. If your future needs like marriage and housing are planned and provided for (by yourself, parents or otherwise), sometimes you may just have to go with your heart.

highbury.... very lor soh! but i think u r right!

jonleeck;643934 said:
highbury.... very lor soh! but i think u r right!

Next season, Arsenal win BPL and I'll become even more long story for you.

Ok sorry OT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back