Need advice - do I need to put spacers?

Jadis

My E90 323i with 193M staggered set up ( front 225, 8x18 and rear 255, 8.5x18 ). I intend to put up PSS9 and it has minimum drop of 35mm as compared to stock. Does it looks ok or I need to add spacers? Will it be out of spec.if I add spacers? thanks!

Re: Need advice - do I need to put spacers?

state the offset of your rim...some pics will help too :)

Below are info from Acupunch for style 162. I think style 162 and 193M having same offset.
18"x8 ET34 Front 225/40
18"x8.5 ET37 Rear 255/35

Terry;271286 said:
state the offset of your rim...some pics will help too :)

Hi Terry, thanks and photos attached.

Hi nsbsin,

For the E90, if you want an almost flushed look, the approximate spacers you'll need based on your rim width & offsets are:

10/12mm Fronts
18mm Rears

The spacers may seen a little extreme, but the wheel arch of the E90 is simply too wide and the OEM 18" rims do not fill it up well enough.
If you are an enthusiastic driver, spacers may not be the best choice because of the stresses of hard driving. Also, poorly manufacturered front spacers may cause vibration. Just a precautionary note.

ur rear does not seems to be flushed. a more agressive offset will be better.

my rear has a 15mm spacer.

My neighbour has exact same rim as urs w/o spacers..aint looking that disastrous really

Shud u wish, go with 10mm at the back to improve it
I'd not recommend anything more than 12mm

As for the front, leave it.

Many thanks for the advice. Terry,Puny, Como, and Jack. I will consider the options or go for Volk ME as recommended by Jack. Btw, will it be better to put in Volk rather than adding spacers in terms of look and handling?

if you asked me. Big NO NO to spacer. I know a lot will say is safe la. :juggle:

nsbsin;271376 said:
Many thanks for the advice. Terry,Puny, Como, and Jack. I will consider the options or go for Volk ME as recommended by Jack. Btw, will it be better to put in Volk rather than adding spacers in terms of look and handling?

Money aside

U gain awhole lot more by getting the VR wheels:
1. Look
2. Weight savings, better handling
3. Future resale

Stock rims have pathetic resale value..

i am on 20mm spacers in the rear and it is still not completely flushed. (and i am on BBS CH 18 in). actually methinks if you can find a good offset it is better than putting in spacers.

TripleM;271372 said:
My neighbour has exact same rim as urs w/o spacers..aint looking that disastrous really

Shud u wish, go with 10mm at the back to improve it
I'd not recommend anything more than 12mm

As for the front, leave it.

Decided to go ahead to install the PSS9 and lower the car. Will just add 10-12mm spacers at the rear and for the front, just leave it as advised. If turn out not nice with the 193M rims, then may consider to change to other rims. Appreciate to hear more comments.

fooman700;271451 said:
i am on 20mm spacers in the rear and it is still not completely flushed. (and i am on BBS CH 18 in). actually methinks if you can find a good offset it is better than putting in spacers.

Based on your rim 8.5" width ET 35 (BBS-CH) plus 20mm spacers, the outer position will be the same as 9.5" width ET 28. Do you think the rear still got more space to take 9.5" width ET 25 ( BBS RS GT 19 x 9.5 ET25 ). That's is 3 mm more. Btw, do you have to roll the rear fender? I guess you are on 225 tyres? thanks.

hi bro,

i do not need to roll the fenders (5 adults in car can clear most humps) and yes I am on 225 which is the correct size. as for the RS-GT offset i think u may have to roll fenders, tho i would assume someone like SE Tyres would be able to advise. btw, I heard 193 rims are pretty lightweight and imo looks cool.

fooman700;273397 said:
hi bro,

i do not need to roll the fenders (5 adults in car can clear most humps) and yes I am on 225 which is the correct size. as for the RS-GT offset i think u may have to roll fenders, tho i would assume someone like SE Tyres would be able to advise. btw, I heard 193 rims are pretty lightweight and imo looks cool.

Hi,
Most of the staggered set up are with 225 front and 255 rear tyres. If your back wheels with 255 tyres, you may have problem with 20mm spacers, IMO.Attached is the 193M photo. Thanks.

i am not on staggered so 225/40/18 all round & 20mm no problem at all.

if u are keeping the 193 rims i think u can't add 20mm spacers.......maybe 10mm, i really don't know, sorry not much of a help.

Installed the PSS9 and lowered the car with 12 mm customized spacers at rear. Slightly rubbing, may have to roll both rear fenders. Appreciate any comments to improve.

centurion;274965 said:
with your big spacers, did you find that >160km/h you had vibration?

If thats the case, all you gotta do is High Speed Balancing. Ensure that the ALL tires are properly balanced before doing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubvietnam
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back