Need advise - Cars Today Pte ltd

MTechnic

Hi ,

My dad signed an agreement with the company Cars Today Pte Ltd on dec 2014.
They are located at 13 Kaki Bukit Road 3, #02-16.

They worked on consignment basis.

Confirmed on the price , signed the agreement . Paid 50% deposit. Bought the car insurance . Financing has been approved by bank. But they did not transfer the car ownership to us. they kept on giving excuses saying will delay and etc.

Our objective is to get the car transferred to my dad's name.

Now it's already 2 months , still not transferred. So brought up to Case.

Case served a letter to them. So they said since you served a letter from case . They will not do anything but wait for his lawyer. He mentioned agreement has expired , also the financing loan has expired .

I would like to ask for advice :
Is it normal for car to be transferred to his company first then to my dad name ?
Also will I be able to get my lawyer to get them to transfer the car to him ?
What can we do?

Thanks and please be careful.

Re: Need advise - Cars Today Pte ltd

Damn assholes, did your dad managed to get back the deposit?

Case letter was to inform them to transfer the car within 7 days , else legal action will be taken.

He mentioned he will ask his lawyer to write to us.

So we have not discuss on the deposit thing.

But according to this agreement , if we return the car, there will be a charge of $3000 .

sszone;1111584 said:
Damn assholes, did your dad managed to get back the deposit?

These kind of Fcukers next time give birth children got no backside!!!

I do not think so.

As the down payment was made 1 cheque to the seller(car owner) and the balance to the car company .

What do you think is their intention of this stunt ?

Red_Bean_Bun;1111596 said:
Sounds like the seller backed out and the dealer has no car ?

They think that going to the sub court would be financially unviable for your father.

Without a court order - no one can get them to do anything.

Even with a court order ..... They can always start a new company.

Owner uncontactable ? Who owns the car now ?

MTechnic;1111600 said:
I do not think so.

As the down payment was made 1 cheque to the seller(car owner) and the balance to the car company .

What do you think is their intention of this stunt ?

Need advise - Cars Today Pte ltd

I undergo a similar case myself recently. Was so helpless when I know that even LTA who owns the process of vehicle ownership cannot even help. Like CASE, they can only approach the used car dealer and hope they respond. If they do not respond, LTA can only charge them for missing the official date to transfer I.e. Only 7 days from the date we take physical possession of the car. And LTA could pass on the case to the police to become a CBT ie criminal breach of trust case. At the end, LTA are still not empowered by the law to exercise any transfer. It is really up to ourselves engaging our own lawyers to take legal action. LTA officers kept asking me why I did not buy from more established used car dealers as they are less likely to fraud. Still, this is so so disappointing. No SG law and no SG government-related organization can protect us against loopholes where business can put consumers like us at risk.

Initially when we request for the car owner IC number , he gave us a wrong IC number and name that doesn't match the car registration number . He gave the excuse saying its their fault , the one selling the car was actually the brother of the car owner.
So we try to request for actual car owner's IC number. They kept saying to trust them and let them settle this issue .

So now we request for car log card , they said its confidential and cannot let us know .

So I do not know who owns the car . Either the previous car owner or had done an E transfer to his company.

In sg Carmart , 200 over cars are consigned to them . Imagine so many people might be victimized . You see the listing below :

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/li...=&ENG=&FUE=&MIL_C=&OMV_C=&COE_C=&OWN_C=&ASL=1

Red_Bean_Bun;1111601 said:
They think that going to the sub court would be financially unviable for your father.

Without a court order - no one can get them to do anything.

Even with a court order ..... They can always start a new company.

Owner uncontactable ? Who owns the car now ?

Last edited by a moderator:

MTechnic;1111619 said:
Initially when we request for the car owner IC number , he gave us a wrong IC number and name that doesn't match the car registration number . He gave the excuse saying its their fault , the one selling the car was actually the brother of the car owner.
So we try to request for actual car owner's IC number. They kept saying to trust them and let them settle this issue .

So now we request for car log card , they said its confidential and cannot let us know .

So I do not know who owns the car . Either the previous car owner or had done an E transfer to his company.

In sg Carmart , 200 over cars are consigned to them . Imagine so many people might be victimized . You see the listing below :

Cars Today Pte Ltd | Used Car Dealer Singapore - sgCarMart

Take my suggestion if you don't mind.

Call LTA. Ask LTA whether you still need to log a case when you already have logged one with CASE. Ask LTA whether you need to make a separate police report in order to log a case with LTA officially. Ask LTA to let you know who the official/legal owner of this car now is, they cannot transfer the ownership but they can check who owns the car now so you could know whether the car is with the used car dealer or with the consigned person. Ask LTA what the processes are regarding consigned cars for used car dealers, which my take is that LTA would say this is not under their jurisdiction as consigned cars are private arrangement between the used car dealers and the private sellers. If so, that means the used car dealers can consign as many cars as they want on SGcarmart and there is no governance. This effectively means all 200 or whatever number of consigned cars might just be fake! Do check all the details and share with us here in the forum.

My experience taught me that most of us are ignorant of the true nature of buy/sell cars in the eyes of the law and business that we tend to assume in certain areas where these loopholes will come and haunt us back later. It is time to stop all these unscrupulous and unethical business behavior by knowing, understanding our laws and rights, and the official custodians to put in the right governance and execution to protect us as consumers.

Expensive it may sound, but ur only recourse is to get a lawyer to issue demand letter to do the transfer within X days, failing which u should just instruct the lawyer to apply for an injunction (specific performance ).

Our resident laMWyer has spoken - harken thou to his words, for they ringeth true.

when MW walks into any chow ah beng car dealer ...
they can smell laMWyer scent miles away and whichever model MW ask ... no stock ... lol

Bro, if the car is transfer to dealer... it not counted as transfer . if so.. it canot b consignment.

When ur dad sign the agreement, the owner details shld be there...

if the dealer cn accept ur deposit n settled ur insurance... then u go after the dealer...

based on agreement, breaches will have to repay 2x the deposit from sgcarmart standard template.

With the 50% downpayment , this will encourage conman to cheat people since the amount is more compare previously when we only need to pay a small amount for downpayment.

Isn't there any governance at all from the government to protect us , the consumers ?

Last edited by a moderator:

No......why should they ?

MTechnic;1112818 said:
With the 50% downpayment , this will encourage conman to cheat people since the amount is more compare previously when we only need to pay a small amount for downpayment.

Isn't there any governance at all from the government to protect us , the consumers ?

call Double Ace Associates.
they will collect the deposit for you.
call them before they go changi resort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mcnads
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups