Need advise from my new 5 series rust

Need advise from my new 5 series rust

• "it's like that one" with paint touch-up at most

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recognition of my loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hachi28

Hello everyone, need some advise from the seniors on how should I deal with this rust (actually it looks like a corrosion).

I just got my car less than a week ago, and yesterday I drop my bag from the trunk and as I pick it up, I noticed a bad rust on the car chassis connecting to my muffler. I drove my car over to Alexandra road, spoke to my sales assistance at PML and she drove my car to let her workshop/management to look at it. I waited at the service lobby for barely 10 minutes, and they called me back to the service bay. To my surprise, I was told that this is a common rust on 5 series and I was even shown a photograph that other 5 series having the same rust. And she say its ok and there's nothing can be done. I asked my sales assistant again, and she gave the same reply that there is nothing that they will do. So I left PML, driving off with a heavy heart thinking... I bought my car from BMW agent (PML) and not just any other parallel importers, why am I treated this way?

Anyway, after 4 hours into evening time. My sales assistant message me and says the aftersales workshop can do something about the rust. I am not sure what that means, but I have replied her today that I wish to get it done asap before the corrosion spreads.

View attachment 60513
View attachment 60514

Re: Need advise from my new 5 series rust

hachi28;1078491 said:
..... I bought my car from BMW agent (PML) and not just any other parallel importers, why am I treated this way?

That's an unfair statement....

and please update us what PML the Great will do for you re the rust so I can get my "any other PI" to do the same if mine also has the same rust...

What PML will do? Or what do you they they will do? All i can think of They will just use a can of black spray paint to just spray over the rusty area... and tell you" Hi Sir, your car is ready for collect"

When an agent says "it's like that one", usually no one dares to challenge them......

Deep down inside you know that even a cheaper Korean car might not rust like that.........

Bro, just send to any car paint shop ask them spray primer coat for you enough already. But i see something weird on your car which it was welding burn mark and the welding spark was left without any grinding , brushing after welding. Is that any repair after car out from manufacturer?

Normally this kind of rust was start from welding joint and spread out. Normal wirebrush and black chasis primer will be enough. DIY also can, wire brush + 200 grade sandpaper $8, black chasis primer $20 or less.

kenntona;1078497 said:
even a cheaper Korean car might not rust like that.........

U got problem with Korean cars? I loved my Getz Coupe Turbo GTS ok

MW said:
U got problem with Korean cars? I loved my Getz Coupe Turbo GTS ok

By right, BMW FTW but why is the authorised agent so revered?

ok I must agree that there are good parallel importers too. What I meant for "any other parallel importers" are actually meaning those bad parallel importers.

Regarding my rusty car, I would actually expect them to sand down the rust, apply undercoat/epoxy and top it with polyurethane paint. That is how I paint fire hydrants for Singapore and neighbouring countries.

hachi28;1078506 said:
ok I must agree that there are good parallel importers too. What I meant for "any other parallel importers" are actually meaning those bad parallel importers.

Regarding my rusty car, I would actually expect them to sand down the rust, apply undercoat/epoxy and top it with polyurethane paint. That is how I paint fire hydrants for Singapore and neighbouring countries.

Same as marine standard paint procedure. Well, PML wont do it so detail, give you $4.50 spray can consider rectified, if spray plasti dip for you mean you are VIP liao. Only you can get plastidip on chasis.

kenntona;1078503 said:
By right, BMW FTW but why is the authorised agent so revered?

brewed coffee and muffins.

MW said:
brewed coffee and muffins.

Please lah, time to use Buddha palm and exercise your right as a BMW owner lah !!!

Think what? Proton ah?

christopher ngo;1078500 said:
Bro, just send to any car paint shop ask them spray primer coat for you enough already. But i see something weird on your car which it was welding burn mark and the welding spark was left without any grinding , brushing after welding. Is that any repair after car out from manufacturer?

Normally this kind of rust was start from welding joint and spread out. Normal wirebrush and black chasis primer will be enough. DIY also can, wire brush + 200 grade sandpaper $8, black chasis primer $20 or less.

Hi, no repair done from my side and I just collected this car few days ago only.
You are correct about the welding spatter and its all over.
I do welding jobs too and this is really unprofessional.

hachi, please update us what PML did ok? Sibeh sian to see such shit for a new car

MW;1078514 said:
hachi, please update us what PML did ok? Sibeh sian to see such shit for a new car

This is nothing to suprise.
Recently someone found curry chap inside engine bay.

those at least can see..

U haven't joined the forum yet when many forummers here say they hear bees buzzing in their engines

All got ghosts

MW;1078520 said:
those at least can see..

U haven't joined the forum yet when many forummers here say they hear bees buzzing in their engines

All got ghosts

It mean when they driving they will hear "weeee wang wang weeeee wang wang?"

MW;1078522 said:
no, as far as I can remember, everyone said it was "wong wong wong" sound

Either got bee or got ghost

edit: found one ... http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-5-...-wong-wong-sound-when-driving.html#post671778

Aiya , this is BMW individual package la.
The owner surname is Wong, so when car move out it will have wong wong wong wong.
If owner surname Leow, it will be liao liao liao liao.
If the owner ah fatt,......... fxxk fxxk fxxk fxxk.......

MW;1078514 said:

They have arranged to take in my car tomorrow morning and they said they will get it done up in a day.

Today after work, I will go under my car and have a better check on my car chassis.

Actually I am a resonable person and not those type that shout and bang table.
Maybe this is the reason why yesterday PML totally ignore me and say there nothing can be done and expect me to leave.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mibetlv

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back