• "it's like that one" with paint touch-up at most

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recognition of my loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Need advise from my new 5 series rust

Terras14;1078574 said:
ask them change quad exos

I like your idea, but too bad mine is a 520i. Quad exos will only puncture my bhp. I will need a new header with cat-back plus a bigger turbo.

hachi28;1078491 said:
Anyway, after 4 hours into evening time. My sales assistant message me and says the aftersales workshop can do something about the rust. I am not sure what that means, but I have replied her today that I wish to get it done asap before the corrosion spreads.
Guess banging table is not necessary. Just put couple of pictures up on internet and they are frightened will scare away prospective buyers of their 5 series.......

Hopefully they do a good repair job for you. Bro.

hachi28,

pardon my ignorance, I am wondering which part of the car you took the picture from with the rust... i also want to go and check as well...

Thanks!!

Okay I just returned from PML and to my dismay, my 5 days old car needs to stay over at the workshop and PML has given me a loaner car. I was told that they will request from the management to replace the whole exhaust muffler if it's approved. But if the management thinks that the corrosive rust is not justifiable, they will not honour the warranty and they will just spray paint over it.

Should I be glad that they reconsider to attend to my misfortune rather than ignoring me at the initial stage.
Or should I be sad that I just bought a rusty BMW and I am not sure if other parts are rusty/corrosive.

flyboy;1078623 said:
hachi28,

pardon my ignorance, I am wondering which part of the car you took the picture from with the rust... i also want to go and check as well...

Thanks!!

Look under your 5 series muffler into the bottom of your car. There is like a L bracket that secure your muffler to the car chassis.

Last edited by a moderator:

So, the answer is still "it's like that one".......

Thks dude.... Hope all turns out well for your case and hope I find nothing unusual later when I take a look later at my car.

Cheers!

Nowadays buy car sibeh cham lay... pay high price, got to check for interior and exterior defects...

NOW GOT TO CHECK UNDER CARRIAGE????

Times has changed....

Collect car dat time mus ask them to hoist it up...

seriously if is mine car...I will rectify myself... going back to PML??..waste time.

Later I go check my PI car whether got rust or not. I wonder if I go to PML and bang table, will they ask me pay adoption fee AND fix my rust?

hachi28;1078639 said:
Okay I just returned from PML and to my dismay, my 5 days old car needs to stay over at the workshop and PML has given me a loaner car. I was told that they will request from the management to replace the whole exhaust muffler if it's approved. But if the management thinks that the corrosive rust is not justifiable, they will not honour the warranty and they will just spray paint over it.

Should I be glad that they reconsider to attend to my misfortune rather than ignoring me at the initial stage.
Or should I be sad that I just bought a rusty BMW and I am not sure if other parts are rusty/corrosive.

Look under your 5 series muffler into the bottom of your car. There is like a L bracket that secure your muffler to the car chassis.

I am curious if they can just spray paint over the exhaust muffler as it does become really hot. Will the paint be able to withstand the heat?

The muffler is stainless steel and will not rust. You may see some rust stain on my muffler but those are ok, no harm. It is the bracket that connects the muffler to my chassis that results the rust/corrosion.

What happen is that BMW parts supplier did not use epoxy undercoat and paint on the welded bracket, which results rust.
Also, there is no Quality Control on BMW side.

And on top of it, the welder is not a certified welder as the welding procedure is not there.
There are welding spatter all over and you dun have to be a 6G welder know this.

detach8;1078699 said:
I am curious if they can just spray paint over the exhaust muffler as it does become really hot. Will the paint be able to withstand the heat?

Base coat wif high temp paint shld be ok..

Lemon law does not apply in this case?

SpoiltBrat;1078717 said:
Lemon law does not apply in this case?

I have not report my BMW corrosive rust to Consumers Association of Singapore, or neither have I reveal this to Stomp.
Meanwhile I have only contacted with PML and BMW Germany. Current status is PML has reconsidered to do something about the rust while BMW Germany has just requested for my car chassis number.

I looked under my car last evening and I do NOT see any corrosion. But my angle of photo does not seem the same as yours. Where are you taking yours from?

View attachment 60541View attachment 60540

hachi28;1078738 said:
..., or neither have I reveal this to Stomp.

Huh? Stomp?

MW;1078797 said:
Huh? Stomp?

For all you know your faggoty face with the comb on yr head is already on Stomp.

detach8;1078796 said:
I looked under my car last evening and I do NOT see any corrosion. But my angle of photo does not seem the same as yours. Where are you taking yours from?

My photo shot is right above the exhaust tip (or stainless steel silencer). You have look too far into the downpipe, which is not there.

MW;1078797 said:
Huh? Stomp?

It's just a metaphor... in a manner of speaking, I am not going to discuss this issue outside of BMW committee.

detach8;1078804 said:
For all you know your faggoty face with the comb on yr head is already on Stomp.

Piss off la spark plug face

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubproorg

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back