Need advise from my new 5 series rust

• "it's like that one" with paint touch-up at most

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recognition of my loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Need advise from my new 5 series rust

Red_Bean_Bun;1078925 said:
For all the trouble - you think it's too much to ask for MPE as a replacement - if there is one ?

Haha !

And if it's the same same welder - did the guy weld anything else - got other rusty stuff below ?

now a bit too late

Last edited by a moderator:

papbear77;1078926 said:
hi bmwforever and hachi28,
is this location near the exhaust?...need to jack up the car to see?....

Place a coin right under the end of your exhaust tip.
Lay on the ground with the back of your head touching the coin.
Reach out for your cellphone and snap a picture of the L bracket that link the muffler to the chassis.

Vansoh;1078932 said:
donno about now, komoco motor used to like giving Tuff Kote as freebies to its car
Tuff-Kote (Rustproofing)

Now my BMW is like a kote already

hachi28;1078934 said:
Place a coin right under the end of your exhaust tip.
Lay on the ground with the back of your head touching the coin.
Reach out for your cellphone and snap a picture of the L bracket that link the muffler to the chassis.

Now my BMW is like a kote already

like a kote? whats a kote?
as in like a penis?
Urban Dictionary: kote

Vansoh;1078935 said:
like a kote? whats a kote?
as in like a penis?
Urban Dictionary: kote

My exhaust tip (silencer) needs to be cut out and bolt back to the new muffler, no more original. 5 days old car already needs to be circumcised.

Look at my face palm avatar, this is how I look whenever I post a comment here.

The placing of a coin under the exhaust sounds like a Chinese vampire subduing ritual

MW;1078958 said:
The placing of a coin under the exhaust sounds like a Chinese vampire subduing ritual

oui....cock! u go and hip yours and check ley! watsapp me the pic!

MW;1078958 said:

This ritual is not for the faint hearted. Perform at your own risk... you either got suck into Dante's Inferno, or you will continue your normal life cruising with the Ultimate Driving Machine...

Enough of TCSS...

Updates on my car:

There are no updates as they have yet to reply me since yesterday regarding about Homologated. The last time I heard from them was yesterday morning on the holy ritual that they gonna perform on my exhaust tip silencer.

hey just a quick question...if I get the exhaust tips on my car replaced (not the muffler)..basically just cutting the old tips and welding a new tips while keeping the muffler the same...do I still need to get some sort of LTA Approval?

I was wondering why is PML at fault. Did they manufacture BMW cars?

BMW FOREVER;1078976 said:
hey just a quick question...if I get the exhaust tips on my car replaced (not the muffler)..basically just cutting the old tips and welding a new tips while keeping the muffler the same...do I still need to get some sort of LTA Approval?

This is the answer that I have been waiting from PML since yesterday. I will let you know once they reply me.

cccc;1078978 said:
I was wondering why is PML at fault. Did they manufacture BMW cars?

Ok, first you are correct that PML do not manufacture cars. So do you know what is the objective of BMW having PML as an agent in Singapore? PML is the dealer/main agent who sells BMW car. In order for BMW to allow PML to have this dealership, PML needs to take care of aftersales service such as maintenance and repairs for BMW cars-inclusive of manufacturing defects.

Now, imagine you just bought a $269.000.00 car and you discover a manufacturing defect/rust. You bring it to the dealer and they say its normal and other 5 series have the similar rust. And they even show you photographs of similar rust on other 5 series. Next, they say that they are not doing anything about it and you left with yur mind thinking, what's next... let it rust or seek advise elsewhere from the forum and email to BMW. I hope you comprehend the situation now.

Nope. I checked before.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the BMW committee. I do not represent PML or in any way related to them.

The is no misundstanding that PML is obligated to fulfill agreed term & condition as the agent for BMW. What is not known to consumers like us is at what level.

Your experience and sentiment are similarly felt among the owners in this forum and beyond. What I would like to highlight is that PML after sale service has fall short of expectations. Your case can be handle much better.

hachi28;1078984 said:
This is the answer that I have been waiting from PML since yesterday. I will let you know once they reply me.

Ok, first you are correct that PML do not manufacture cars. So do you know what is the objective of BMW having PML as an agent in Singapore? PML is the dealer/main agent who sells BMW car. In order for BMW to allow PML to have this dealership, PML needs to take care of aftersales service such as maintenance and repairs for BMW cars-inclusive of manufacturing defects.

Now, imagine you just bought a $269.000.00 car and you discover a manufacturing defect/rust. You bring it to the dealer and they say its normal and other 5 series have the similar rust. And they even show you photographs of similar rust on other 5 series. Next, they say that they are not doing anything about it and you left with yur mind thinking, what's next... let it rust or seek advise elsewhere from the forum and email to BMW. I hope you comprehend the situation now.

269k can buy Lambo or McLaren in US

I do believe their frontline staff need more training. And when it comes to claims, it is always tricky isn't it?

last time we all did that…no problem

now I dunno cos LTA sometimes say you change tyres u need to be homo-ed

However, the new muffler does not comes with exhaust tip silencer (which I had), and they will need to cut out my old muffler silencer and bolt it onto my new muffler.

This part sounds abit sketchy. I suggest u either get them or yourself send the car to Vicom/STA for an exhaust inspection after that (at their cost), you have no idea how ngiao inspection centres are with rgds to welding marks. ALOT of people failing exhaust this year because of minor welds.

cccc;1078999 said:
I do believe their frontline staff need more training. And when it comes to claims, it is always tricky isn't it?

My sales assistant is okay, maybe she just relay the message from the workshop that my car issue is not severe enough to claim anti-corrosion warranty.

Updates:

Germany has pass my case to BMW Asia and they have contacted me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mibetlv

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back