Need advise from my new 5 series rust

• "it's like that one" with paint touch-up at most

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recognition of my loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Need advise from my new 5 series rust

Talking about rust, u may also want to check the area under your seats.

Will be collecting my car this evening and tomorrow will upload pictures on the work done.

I dun expect much from PML, just hope they do what it suppose to be like in the first place.

Too bad on cutting my silencer, that is just something I have to compromise.

Thank you to all of you for your ideas and jokes to keep me companied.

Updates:

I collected my car and my muffler was nicely replaced with a new one, thanks to BMW.SG forum.
Before Germany referred my case to BMW Asia, the management from BMW Asia had earlier saw my forum posting and immediately approved my muffler replacement.

View attachment 60615

Before (above) and after (below)

View attachment 60617

Though the new muffler is from the same supplier welding style, but at least PML has given me one that is without rust.
Regarding my silencer cut off section, I made a mistake as I thought it was towards my exhaust tip.
It is actually cut at the mid section somewhere right below my gearbox area and joined by a clamp.

View attachment 60616

Overall, I appreciate that my case has been resolved and thanks to BMW.SG forum and BMW Asia.
PML service is prompt and they rectify the issues without much hassle.
And thank you forumers for your contributions and support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joined by clamp should be ok. Pml lumber huan!!!

MW;1079002 said:
last time we all did that…no problem

now I dunno cos LTA sometimes say you change tyres u need to be homo-ed

Everything is ok after you are homo-ed? By who? LTA commitee?

hachi28 said:
Before Germany referred my case to BMW Asia, the management from BMW Asia had earlier saw my forum posting and immediately approved my muffler replacement.

Great to hear that BMW Asia surfs this forum and acted on it !!! Solid !!!

Mockngbrd;1079224 said:
Joined by clamp should be ok. Pml lumber huan!!!

Clamps of course ok. SMRT only use cable tie to fix the rails nia...

GPGT... I don't think mine has any rust. I still dunno which angle you took the pic from... Do you park open carparks?

View attachment 60719

Hachi28 - glad that BMW Asia approved the change and rust is fixed.

I'm just curious though about the possibility of receiving a brand new car from the factory with shoddy workmanship and lack of quality control. Wouldn't the dealer be making a full inspection check list before they deliver all cars?

I looked under my mid life 3 series and did not notice any trace of rust at all.

If the dealer pointed out that rust and shoddy workmanship were expected. Was the dealer saying that it was perfectly acceptable to deliver a brand new car with defect(s)?

This is completely moron - and destroy the brand promise of BMW - which they spent billions to advertise.

Fox1;1080126 said:
This is completely moron - and destroy the brand promise of BMW - which they spent billions to advertise.

Thank you for your insightful input and you are the 1st throughout these 10 pages of comments. This issue has been addressed and they had cut out my new exhaust system and bridge in a new one. This is the best that they can do and I shall not ask for more. They could have gotten a better supplier w/quality control instead of now having ppl crawling under to search for exhaust hanger rust/corrosion.

hachi28;1080130 said:
Thank you for your insightful input and you are the 1st throughout these 10 pages of comments. This issue has been addressed and they had cut out my new exhaust system and bridge in a new one. This is the best that they can do and I shall not ask for more. They could have gotten a better supplier w/quality control instead of now having ppl crawling under to search for exhaust hanger rust/corrosion.

Thumbs up!

I checked and re-checked -- I have my car up on a hoist at the alignment shop yesterday. No signs of rust. Car is a PI car. And yes I do have a different model (520d) so the muffler does look different.

Does anybody know where the PML vehicles are stored/kept before being sold/delivered? Might be the storage condition that causes these rust.

From what was stated, the car underwent repair, ie welding. So may be nothing to do with storage?

BMW FOREVER;1080147 said:
Saw the 528i at PML a few days back and noticed that now it comes with exhaust valve just like the AH5 and 550i...

To control silencer noise

[video=youtube;06sM4BTdtZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06sM4BTdtZ8#t=145[/video]

The video shown is aftermarket product, BMW does not comes with this switch....

My 2013 528i came with it and it will only open when the rpm goes above 3000.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vc77store

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back