Need some advice here on Rims

marky

Getting my E60 soon , thinking of changing stock riim 16"
to 19" x 245x 35 all round using M166 replica . Shops recommended 19 staggered with rear 275
which i think is too heavy for a 2ltr engine. I dont track but wants good pickups.
Can bros enlighten on the or advice .Tks
BTW i also wanted not so noisy tyres, Goodyear F1 or Goodyear ultra comfo:screwedu: rt?

Re: Need some advice here on Rims

Hi Marky,

19ins sure (very slow pick-up) maybe go for 18ins and better install velocity after that....
try Conti CSC3.....

cheers

marky;443362 said:
Getting my E60 soon , thinking of changing stock riim 16"
to 19" x 245x 35 all round using M166 replica . Shops recommended 19 staggered with rear 275
which i think is too heavy for a 2ltr engine. I dont track but wants good pickups.
Can bros enlighten on the or advice .Tks
BTW i also wanted not so noisy tyres, Goodyear F1 or Goodyear ultra comfo:screwedu: rt?

Hi marky,

I've just changed to M166 so share with u.

There are 2 types of replica for M166 in market now, Taiwan and Italy. IMHO, Taiwan is damn fake but cheap. Italy is about 90% similar but cost a bomb so you might as well get original or 2nd hand.

Reason for staggered I've learnt is because our car rear wheel drive so staggered setup is better for running, cornering. As for 275..... It looks good IMO. Shiok factor since u dont track.

Well, if you want 19" sure affect FC and acceleration but I think not tat significant if you are a relax driver. Look for Wilson to install Velocity, that'll help acceleration abit. Hahaha.

Quite a few places u can get the reps so just search the forum. Happy hunting bro. Can see my rims in my review earlier.

When you do any mods, be it aesthetics or performance mods, and if you buy it from any forummer here, be it a reseller/vendor or a private seller, you must post reviews here in the forum and it must start with "YOU DA MAN! THANKS BRO!!" or something like that..and then your reviews cannot be negative, they must be "SWEE AHH!". "SOLID MOD MAN!"..etc etc, otherwise dun bother posting any reviews..nobody listens anyway..HAHAHA

MW;443408 said:
When you do any mods, be it aesthetics or performance mods, and if you buy it from any forummer here, be it a reseller/vendor or a private seller, you must post reviews here in the forum and it must start with "YOU DA MAN! THANKS BRO!!" or something like that..and then your reviews cannot be negative, they must be "SWEE AHH!". "SOLID MOD MAN!"..etc etc, otherwise dun bother posting any reviews..nobody listens anyway..HAHAHA

Wah bro, so obvious meh. Nobody read my review.... OT :nehnehhh:

gusty,

that's a good.........agreed

cheers.

ac323;443370 said:
Hi Marky,

19ins sure (very slow pick-up) maybe go for 18ins and better install velocity after that....
try Conti CSC3.....

cheers

gusty;443371 said:
Hi marky,

I've just changed to M166 so share with u.

There are 2 types of replica for M166 in market now, Taiwan and Italy. IMHO, Taiwan is damn fake but cheap. Italy is about 90% similar but cost a bomb so you might as well get original or 2nd hand.

Reason for staggered I've learnt is because our car rear wheel drive so staggered setup is better for running, cornering. As for 275..... It looks good IMO. Shiok factor since u dont track.

Well, if you want 19" sure affect FC and acceleration but I think not tat significant if you are a relax driver. Look for Wilson to install Velocity, that'll help acceleration abit. Hahaha.

Quite a few places u can get the reps so just search the forum. Happy hunting bro. Can see my rims in my review earlier.

Hi Gutsy,
The one i enquired is from Thailand.4 pc with goodyear @ $ 2,900 before trade in.quite good price?!
Whats yr set-up, i cannot open yr review pics.

Thanks & YOU DA MAN..... hee

marky;443480 said:
Hi Gutsy,
The one i enquired is from Thailand.4 pc with goodyear @ $ 2,900 before trade in.quite good price?!
Whats yr set-up, i cannot open yr review pics.

Thanks & YOU DA MAN..... hee

Haha, I can't answer u whether good or not cos I'm not familiar with Thaialnd one. More important is do you like the rims?

There's a difference in design between Italy and Taiwan compared to original in the wheel hub centre. Original is more concave and looks much more aggressive.

Goodyear what model and made where? usual Replicas cost in the region of $1200and if you add the tires, you can do the sum to know if it's a fair deal?

Can't see my pics? Weird, I can still see....

gusty;443496 said:
Haha, I can't answer u whether good or not cos I'm not familiar with Thaialnd one. More important is do you like the rims?

There's a difference in design between Italy and Taiwan compared to original in the wheel hub centre. Original is more concave and looks much more aggressive.

Goodyear what model and made where? usual Replicas cost in the region of $1200and if you add the tires, you can do the sum to know if it's a fair deal?

Can't see my pics? Weird, I can still see....

Yup yup, found the 3 pics. These are what i really want. Seems u gotten a good bargin
Wats the size or setup , where to get them... can pm me..
Swee ah!!!

Hi bros
just got my E60 today, changing to new set of shoes for my beloved, 19", front 245/35/19 and rear 275/30/19.. Is this a good combination. Not looking to track as well but want the car to look good and yet still have some power. Will this combination make me regret in terms of the power loss. please help.
Thanks

hashimms;449869 said:
Hi bros
just got my E60 today, changing to new set of shoes for my beloved, 19", front 245/35/19 and rear 275/30/19.. Is this a good combination. Not looking to track as well but want the car to look good and yet still have some power. Will this combination make me regret in terms of the power loss. please help.
Thanks

Congrats bro,

I change to a set of 19" Breytons Spirit immediately too. Same staggard tyre profile as you, using Pontenza. Not much of power loss, because my rims quite light, but definetely drop a bit lah. THen again, not doing track rite.:lol2: :lol2:

If you need more power, maybe install sprint booster or velocity; but wouldn't recommend. Still under warrenty, better don't mess to much with wirings. But its personal choice.

I think my ride is satisfactory, after all, buying a sporty executive luxury car; not a racing or sports car. If can do 0 -100 in less than 8.5 sec, cruise comfortably at 140kmh, overtake a WRX or Type R (no offence to the drivers of these rides) in a nifety; enough liao lah.:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

So bro, enjoy your baby and have a great n safe ride

Cheers

If I drove a 5 Series, the largest rims I'd probably fit are 17", at most.

Lighter 17" rims give better acceleration, responsiveness and fuel economy than 18" or 19", which makes up somewhat for the larger body.

17" rims offer more air-cushioning for a more comfortable ride, which suits the statelier and more luxurious/plush character of the 5 series.

This is not to say a 5 Series cannot be transformed into a creature of speed & agility with extensive modification.

dsdfan;450072 said:
If I drove a 5 Series, the largest rims I'd probably fit are 17", at most.

Lighter 17" rims give better acceleration, responsiveness and fuel economy than 18" or 19", which makes up somewhat for the larger body.

17" rims offer more air-cushioning for a more comfortable ride, which suits the statelier and more luxurious/plush character of the 5 series.

This is not to say a 5 Series cannot be transformed into a creature of speed & agility with extensive modification.

Yes n no. 19" gives stability, especially with wide profile tyres. Give a sportier n cheery luxury executive look. Stateliness should be reserve for 7s. For comfort, don't use run flat tyres, and it will be more than fine.

Agree with the FC part. But not by a lot. Just did a run down ard 3 am this morning with 2 friends, same car with 17". FC lose by abt 5%, accelaration above par. We covered TPE from Ikea to Yishun exit.

Extensive Mod should be reserve for M5 wannabe

Then again, its anyone's preference

Cheers

hashimms;449869 said:
Hi bros
Thanks
Hi Hashimms, congrats on getting your new car.

Your tyres/rims size will look good on your made, can't go wrong with staggered set up & if you lower your car, it'll flushed-out more, looks even better & more importantly, it'll improve the road handling.

You won't loss much outta a 523, I'm running 235/35/19 & 265/30/19 on my Z4, you'll be surprised that fuel consumption is healthier than oem's run-flat. The set-up complimented with my other basic mods - sways, strut bars & coilover perfectly.

Be it SB or Velocity, it won't affect your warranty as both are pluck & play gadgets. In any case, touchwood, doubt you'll have major issue with your new car that needs to send the car back to PML for a through check & if so, just un-pluck it before going in.

Happy modding.

Thanks bros, your inputs are greatly appreciated. Will be changing the rims today. hopefully no significant drop in power:)

Wun lah! Dun listen to others lah, unless your rims are damn heavy like a truck's. Most rims whether 17" to 20" will not affect FC much unless you gun the car like Toto, then even using 15" ur FC will be like a Lambo's

kim_pioneer;450077 said:
Extensive Mod should be reserve for M5 wannabe

I resent the use of the phrase "M5 wannabe" :mad:

Its insensitive and makes a mockery of those who like to mod and enjoy modding. Kenntona is an M3 wannabe cos his whole set up is M3-like.

MW said:
Its insensitive and makes a mockery of those who like to mod and enjoy modding. Kenntona is an M3 wannabe cos his whole set up is M3-like.
Hello? Please hor...........

kenntona;450188 said:
Hello? Please hor...........

You have M3 side mirrors, you M3 wannabe

19inch is too small for E60...heheh

at least 20inch.... or might as well leave stock

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back