• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 520LCi

JDA6649

I was at PML yesterday and, interestingly, they don't have a "nett" price. They said "you quote us a price and we will speak to management."

what is the lowest price I can squeexe them for the 520?

Re: New 520LCi

I used the following formula.
OMV x 2.29 + Road Tax + COE = Base Car Price
PML Selling Price - Base Car Price = PML Profit

Correct me if I am wrong :)

Maybe dont need add so much for profit as i think they have target to meet.

Remember reading about when their target closing date, try that time, when desperate any price can happen.

hmm, if can get 520 below $120K
i wonder what is the price for 320 ... @ $100K ? :yikess:

by the way, i'm interested to get a new 520 if the price is 'lelong price'.
anyone wants group buy can PM me to up our negotiation :)

lordfire;412728 said:
they were selling @135k during x'mas promotion... hope it helps

A friend from another competitor told me "it not about how much the car is worth. It's about what the market can absorb."

So, I was thinking... based on the E200 (1.8 though) pricing of $143k, a 520 is typically 20k less than a Merc. Considering that the marketing is still on a downward trend, say drop by another 10k. I would offer them only $110.

I also asked for thermal film (they use Cool n Lite) and upgrade rim to 17 inch (stock 16 inch). They don't have a bracket for the Garmin GPS though.

Group buy, anybody?

lordfire;412728 said:
they were selling @135k during x'mas promotion... hope it helps

Thanks. This is good info. My stand is still $110. (or $120K for 525)

1. Financial advisers always tell us to "Buy Low".
2. Goh Chok Tong asked us to "buy buy buy"
3. And probably no other time in my life can we ever hope of a 520 at $110-$120K.

Can we find, say, five buyers? S110K for 520 or $120K for 525

BMWSILVER;412721 said:
I used the following formula.
OMV x 2.29 + Road Tax + COE = Base Car Price
PML Selling Price - Base Car Price = PML Profit

This forumla dun look right.

My E46 2004 OMV is $46K.
x 2.29 + Road tax + COE ($28K) = $134K.

I only paid $134K for the car. PML makes zero profit?

don't think can get $120K for 525 (6 pot). if yes, it is a no brainer to compare 525 with 520 already.

by the way, do you think there is a chance that government will reduce custom duty tax which is at 20% now ?

count me in !

JDA6649;412826 said:

3. And probably no other time in my life can we ever hope of a 520 at $110-$120K.

is it??? i just called up PNL, i looking for 325 cabrio.........they still quoted 215800 .....no drop in price infact it went up 800.......i postponed my car buy since december after i sold of my car for a good price in anticipation for the drop in new car price.....unfortunately PML is the only agent that is still very "proud" i guess the recession haven hit them real hard them, even mercedes is open to negotiation. Why dont you try the resale market ? The resale market is seeing a more drastic dip in price....

the best thing i went to PPSL to see the used car division, they advertise 175k for the car , i offered 167k, the sales girl said the last offer was 174k and even so they refused to sell. i just walked off laughing to myself. that was in november.....now the same car is still there asking 169k..........HAHAHAHAHAH , i guess they should have taken the bogus 174k offer

JDA6649;412709 said:
I was at PML yesterday and, interestingly, they don't have a "nett" price. They said "you quote us a price and we will speak to management."

what is the lowest price I can squeexe them for the 520?

What's worse is when you want to do a trade-in they tell you to sell your car outside. That's why I decided to go the PI route,,,,and have not regretted it one bit!

My formula is for current ARF and Custom Duty.

Your E46 was under the previous system.

JDA6649;412829 said:
This forumla dun look right.

My E46 2004 OMV is $46K.
x 2.29 + Road tax + COE ($28K) = $134K.

I only paid $134K for the car. PML makes zero profit?

Let me guess, your car is the E46 318i Sport Edition (Oct 04 to Dec 04 car).

PML was clearing the stock for the last batch of E46 and they did not make much profit for these E46 due to high OMV and COE.
I remember some bought as low as S$125K with limited colour to choose from.

New E90 launched in 2005 cost ~S$150K and they do have huge profit for these car.

to be honest, most car distrivutors do not make that much from selling new cars... most of the profit goes into rebates (commissions et al) the net profits from new cars are very very little.

However, if you look at the amount of money they make from servicing, your eye ball will drop out. That is why they liek to offer long period of warranty, so that you will be stuck with them.

That is also why there is always a dilemma wrt servicing of PI cars.... they rake in good money.. but new car buyers will complain if they have to wait too long for servicing....

this is not an easy line to be in....

JDA6649;412826 said:

count me in if 525 is going for 120k. they were still quoting 160k+ when i went on sunday.

COE is only $689 !!!

assuming OMV = $45,000
custom duty = 20% x $45,000 = $9,000
ARF = 100% x $45,000 = $45,000
COE = $689
Reg = $140
GST = 7% x $45,000 = $3,150
Basic car cost = $102,979
Profit = $10,000
Offer = $112,979

Is it cheapskate to offer < $115 ?

As another bro said, $110 is the best :)

nonsense.....per BMW 5 series they make at least 30-50k depending on the model. i have friends in the car trade so i know their profit margins. They take in cars at scrape value and sell them at sky rocket prices. At their haydays they make even more than professionals.Of course now the car market is bad due to the economy. If the line is so bad , AML why are there still so many dealerships?? reason is all they need to sell per month is 3-4cars and they are able to survive because the profit margin is so great . Of course in this economy the margin is squeezed. Who isnt? Now is time to actually squeeze more from the once proud dealers. I dont understand why as a consumer i need to suck up to the car salesman for freebies. I pay money to get treated badly. Now i guess the tide is changed. anyway it has never been a better time to shop for a car.

anyone looking for a 325 cabrio??? bulk purchase?

henry2703;412892 said:
to be honest, most car distrivutors do not make that much from selling new cars... most of the profit goes into rebates (commissions et al) the net profits from new cars are very very little.

However, if you look at the amount of money they make from servicing, your eye ball will drop out. That is why they liek to offer long period of warranty, so that you will be stuck with them.

That is also why there is always a dilemma wrt servicing of PI cars.... they rake in good money.. but new car buyers will complain if they have to wait too long for servicing....

this is not an easy line to be in....

assuming OMV = $45,000
custom duty = 20% x $45,000 = $9,000
ARF = 100% x $45,000 = $45,000
COE = $689
Reg = $140
GST = 7% x $45,000 = $3,150
Basic car cost = $102,979

For fast calculation just used OMV x 2.29.
$45,000 x 2.29 = $103,050 + COE Price and 1 Year Road Tax = Basic car cost.

Bear in mind that all new car sold by PML inclusive of 1 Year Road Tax unlike Japanese car 6 months only.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manueldevecchicom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back