• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 520LCi

Re: New 520LCi

BMWSILVER;413229 said:
assuming OMV = $45,000
custom duty = 20% x $45,000 = $9,000
ARF = 100% x $45,000 = $45,000
COE = $689
Reg = $140
GST = 7% x $45,000 = $3,150
Basic car cost = $102,979

For fast calculation just used OMV x 2.29.
$45,000 x 2.29 = $103,050 + COE Price and 1 Year Road Tax = Basic car cost.

Bear in mind that all new car sold by PML inclusive of 1 Year Road Tax unlike Japanese car 6 months only.

Good luck :)

No leh, i got 1 year road tax from lexus while pml gave me only 6mths road tax

lazyboy77;413203 said:
nonsense.....per BMW 5 series they make at least 30-50k depending on the model. i have friends in the car trade so i know their profit margins. They take in cars at scrape value and sell them at sky rocket prices. At their haydays they make even more than professionals.Of course now the car market is bad due to the economy. If the line is so bad , AML why are there still so many dealerships?? reason is all they need to sell per month is 3-4cars and they are able to survive because the profit margin is so great . Of course in this economy the margin is squeezed. Who isnt? Now is time to actually squeeze more from the once proud dealers. I dont understand why as a consumer i need to suck up to the car salesman for freebies. I pay money to get treated badly. Now i guess the tide is changed. anyway it has never been a better time to shop for a car.

anyone looking for a 325 cabrio??? bulk purchase?

due to the nature of my job... i had the opportunity to see some of their books...

whether you believe or not... is a different matter...

i don't suck up to my sales man... i get what i want or pay what i think is fair.

it is everyone's interest to bargain and work at a good price. nobody will fault you for that, but if you are out to kill and draw blood and make the sales guy work for nothing... i am sorry you get bad treatment after that. that is the facts of life.

one thing i agree with you.. if you have a secure job and / or a large savings.... yes.. never a better time to buy a new car.

Oop !

PML gave me 1 year road tax lah........Sorry that was 4.5 years ago...Ha Ha !

In this case, just add 6 months road tax and calcluate the Basic Car Cost.

well said. i don't know why people feel shy (inferior) walking into PML talking to the SE to buy 320 or 520 which is the lowest model in the product range. who is the customer/buyer (pay master) and who is the seller ? who should suck up to who huh ?

lazyboy77;413203 said:
nonsense.....per BMW 5 series they make at least 30-50k depending on the model. i have friends in the car trade so i know their profit margins. They take in cars at scrape value and sell them at sky rocket prices. At their haydays they make even more than professionals.Of course now the car market is bad due to the economy. If the line is so bad , AML why are there still so many dealerships?? reason is all they need to sell per month is 3-4cars and they are able to survive because the profit margin is so great . Of course in this economy the margin is squeezed. Who isnt? Now is time to actually squeeze more from the once proud dealers. I dont understand why as a consumer i need to suck up to the car salesman for freebies. I pay money to get treated badly. Now i guess the tide is changed. anyway it has never been a better time to shop for a car.

anyone looking for a 325 cabrio??? bulk purchase?

one thing for sure, u pay peanuts, u get monkeys. squeeze the SE too much, he would be working for only just a few hundred bucks, add together with their basic income of 200-300, honestly, its worse than a macdonalds floor manager's salary. If u notice, the number of cars sold by pml vs number of sales ppl ratio, its ard 2:1... imagine if every customer walks in and squeeze the last drip, pml might not suffer, but the SE suffers the blow just to keep the job...

note: if u wanna squeeze all the way to get max bang for buck, remember to give the SE a nice ang pow of ard $300-500, this will assure u good aftersales.

wah... looking at this thread, i am interested to find out how much a 325 costs...

wt_know;413238 said:
well said. i don't know why people feel shy (inferior) walking into PML talking to the SE to buy 320 or 520 which is the lowest model in the product range. who is the customer/buyer (pay master) and who is the seller ? who should suck up to who huh ?

Treat the dealer like an idiot, and he also treats you like one lor. I dun think its sucking up per se. More like trying to establish some kum cheng so that things go alittle smoother in your purchase and also maybe if u are lucky, he/she will throw in some freebies. That said, some SEs are quite nice lah. When I got my low class cheapo OPC Hyundai Getz 5yrs ago, the chio lian SE, who has big boobs (irrelevant) was very nice and even called me after hours to tell me my leather seat colour selection was out and she offered to source for an outside upholstery shop to do it FOC for me. Or was it maybe I was handsome?

lazyboy77;412852 said:
is it??? i just called up PNL, i looking for 325 cabrio.........they still quoted 215800 .....no drop in price infact it went up 800.......i postponed my car buy since december after i sold of my car for a good price in anticipation for the drop in new car price.....unfortunately PML is the only agent that is still very "proud" i guess the recession haven hit them real hard them, even mercedes is open to negotiation. Why dont you try the resale market ? The resale market is seeing a more drastic dip in price....

the best thing i went to PPSL to see the used car division, they advertise 175k for the car , i offered 167k, the sales girl said the last offer was 174k and even so they refused to sell. i just walked off laughing to myself. that was in november.....now the same car is still there asking 169k..........HAHAHAHAHAH , i guess they should have taken the bogus 174k offer

For PML, if you go in and ask for life-style car such as the 325 cabrio, there will not be any discount vs. 320, 520, etc.

gtr_Gtti;413244 said:
one thing for sure, u pay peanuts, u get monkeys. squeeze the SE too much, he would be working for only just a few hundred bucks, add together with their basic income of 200-300, honestly, its worse than a macdonalds floor manager's salary. If u notice, the number of cars sold by pml vs number of sales ppl ratio, its ard 2:1... imagine if every customer walks in and squeeze the last drip, pml might not suffer, but the SE suffers the blow just to keep the job...

note: if u wanna squeeze all the way to get max bang for buck, remember to give the SE a nice ang pow of ard $300-500, this will assure u good aftersales.

Totally agree with you.

I knew of a guy that went to all 3 pml showroom, and nego with 3 different sales person to try to get the best deal! I think that is really too much! Afterall, how much can the difference be? Live and let live, and makes life better for every one. Imagine your customer squeezing the last drop from you, won't you curse and swear?

715;413329 said:
Totally agree with you.

I knew of a guy that went to all 3 pml showroom, and nego with 3 different sales person to try to get the best deal! I think that is really too much! Afterall, how much can the difference be? Live and let live, and makes life better for every one. Imagine your customer squeezing the last drop from you, won't you curse and swear?

I wonder why they call it Life Cycle Impulse. Do they mean that the facelift was done on impulse?

Sorry i have always treated my SE very well. The bad service comes AFTER teh dotted line is SIGNED, in fact i dont understand what u meant by drawing blood. I have never BARGAINed a single cent off any new cars i bought from over the years. In fact the worst sales service i got is from the agents themselves. They promise delivery on a certain date buy always delay, even when collected the car accesories that were promised was not on the car. Which means i need to send my new car in AGAIN to get it fitted. Why wasnt i inform beforehand? I could have save myself the trouble and collected the car later.

Like what i said i know how much per car is made roughly. You may have access to such information i too have my sources. i am not trying to lamblast all SE but to promise one thing before to get sales and not deliver after payment is made is definately not ethical and unprofessional. In this economic climate especially where consumers are looking for their buck , too bad if they are still so "proud" . if they still want fat margins and profits like before with bad service. SORRY not from me. Anyway i dont know whether you are related to anyone who is in the car industry but my intentions are clear, to know ones rights and not get swindled into signing thew dotted line. If everyone feels that what i am saying is not right since you guys here are so rich , write a blank cheaqe and give it to your SE when you pick up your new car. Maybe you can even get more than what you bargain for.

henry2703;413235 said:
due to the nature of my job... i had the opportunity to see some of their books...

whether you believe or not... is a different matter...

i don't suck up to my sales man... i get what i want or pay what i think is fair.

it is everyone's interest to bargain and work at a good price. nobody will fault you for that, but if you are out to kill and draw blood and make the sales guy work for nothing... i am sorry you get bad treatment after that. that is the facts of life.

one thing i agree with you.. if you have a secure job and / or a large savings.... yes.. never a better time to buy a new car.

how to treat a dealer like an idiot? maybe you can care to elaborate? anyway good to hear that you have such a good experience, my brother also got swindeled recently , Promised vkool, but got some other solar film in the end when the car was delivered. So who is the real IDIOT? LANLAN also got to drive home and let the matter rest. They say the cost is the same like vkool. hmmmmm......maybe you can direct me to some dealers which i can treat like idiots like what you say.

MW;413315 said:
Treat the dealer like an idiot, and he also treats you like one lor. I dun think its sucking up per se. More like trying to establish some kum cheng so that things go alittle smoother in your purchase and also maybe if u are lucky, he/she will throw in some freebies. That said, some SEs are quite nice lah. When I got my low class cheapo OPC Hyundai Getz 5yrs ago, the chio lian SE, who has big boobs (irrelevant) was very nice and even called me after hours to tell me my leather seat colour selection was out and she offered to source for an outside upholstery shop to do it FOC for me. Or was it maybe I was handsome?

then why dont they consider working as a macdonalds floor manager instead? If you have better prospects will you switch your job? i think thats a rhetorical question....

gtr_Gtti;413244 said:

715;413329 said:
Totally agree with you.

lazyboy77;413455 said:
how to treat a dealer like an idiot? maybe you can care to elaborate? anyway good to hear that you have such a good experience, my brother also got swindeled recently , Promised vkool, but got some other solar film in the end when the car was delivered. So who is the real IDIOT? LANLAN also got to drive home and let the matter rest. They say the cost is the same like vkool. hmmmmm......maybe you can direct me to some dealers which i can treat like idiots like what you say.

See 715's post. Tats being an idiot although some would say its trying to get a good bargain.

thats is being an idiot himself, not treating the dealer AS AN IDIOT. i want to know where can i get dealers that have the intelligence of a monkey which i can rip them off in terms of pricing and accesories. The dealers i know seem to be in the trade for many years and dont seem to be receptive to my requests. u get my meaning?

MW;413501 said:
See 715's post. Tats being an idiot although some would say its trying to get a good bargain.

i forgot that this is a BMW forum . Which means being ripped off more = more affluent.

There is a fine line between being a miser and being a carrothead. it seems that by sharing my experiences with unscrupulous SE and resulted being labelled as a miser and scourge.Warrenting such strong responses. I am so sorry i forgot that you guys belong to the highest strata of society being able to afford a German made car . Forgive me . only in my wildest dream will i be able to afford such a car and get ripped off with a big smile on my face....cheers

lazyboy77;413532 said:
i forgot that this is a BMW forum . Which means being ripped off more = more affluent.

There is a fine line between being a miser and being a carrothead. it seems that by sharing my experiences with unscrupulous SE and resulted being labelled as a miser and scourge.Warrenting such strong responses. I am so sorry i forgot that you guys belong to the highest strata of society being able to afford a German made car . Forgive me . only in my wildest dream will i be able to afford such a car and get ripped off with a big smile on my face....cheers

lazyboy77,

i think you have had some bad experience with car dealers, but not everyboby have the same experience.
therefore others do not feel so negative about SE and not that being ripped off more = more affluent
what has it to do with being able to drive a german car and getting ripped off???
our bros here are only expressing their experience (good & bad), views and knowledge about live of SE and car dealers, why do you have to be so expressive against us?

it just happen that your experience and idea is different from us, nothing great about it ...

jason

MW;413397 said:
I wonder why they call it Life Cycle Impulse. Do they mean that the facelift was done on impulse?

wa, then buyer also buying on impluse liao la

i am just trying to prevent forummers to get scammed thats all. It seems that all all this advice have been met with so much resistance ,
Like my own bad experience was being brought upon myself because i never give a big ang pao or because i ask for more freebies . Shame on me.
Anyway this exchange has been most enriching, i have learnt that all SE are just feeble beings earning lesser than a mac donalds floor manager, that we should actually not bargain when buying cars, if possible give fat ang paos, pay more than the list price if possible to help those in need and spur the economy. Anyway my apologies, i have all along adopted a wrong approach in buying cars, i deserved to be scammed. Good day

Jason8822;413559 said:
lazyboy77,

i think you have had some bad experience with car dealers, but not everyboby have the same experience.
therefore others do not feel so negative about SE and not that being ripped off more = more affluent
what has it to do with being able to drive a german car and getting ripped off???
our bros here are only expressing their experience (good & bad), views and knowledge about live of SE and car dealers, why do you have to be so expressive against us?

it just happen that your experience and idea is different from us, nothing great about it ...

jason

i don't wish to argue how to treat an SE. i'm not in the car industry but i just don't understand why the car was not sell at a 'fixed' price or 'discount' price (time to time). buyer has to use their intelligence (IQ + EQ + whatever Q) to ask for freebies and lower price.

buyer a = $130k + vkool
buyer b = $130k + vkool + rim upsize
buyer c = $129K + vkool + rim upsize

does that mean c is smarter than b smarter than a ?
a treat the SE good better than b better than c ?

is like you walk into robinson and buy the same shirt with 3 different pricing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parkerkathy118
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back