• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 520LCi

Re: New 520LCi

Unfortunately, it is true and we all conclude "that's life". Cars shirt so abit hard to put them together lah...everyone simmer down...didn't the thread started out as a query only...kekeke

got price update on 525, pml dropped price to 158.8k. Mass buy at 145k possible???

relax la....

i understand what you mean. i myself had similar experience where the SE treat u like a brother and promise u this and that . After contract is sign, sadly things that are promised readily and easily but not in the contract did not happen and what are avenues do we have to make them fulfill the promise ?

guess some guys are more lucky and met up with the nicer SE.

So keep an open mind, it is good to share experience around, good and bad... as most of us don't buy car every year ...

To get "max bang for buck", I have to give the car SE ang pow of $500? And I thought I had heard all kind of car salesman talk already.

gtr_Gtti;413244 said:
one thing for sure, u pay peanuts, u get monkeys. squeeze the SE too much, he would be working for only just a few hundred bucks, add together with their basic income of 200-300, honestly, its worse than a macdonalds floor manager's salary. If u notice, the number of cars sold by pml vs number of sales ppl ratio, its ard 2:1... imagine if every customer walks in and squeeze the last drip, pml might not suffer, but the SE suffers the blow just to keep the job...

note: if u wanna squeeze all the way to get max bang for buck, remember to give the SE a nice ang pow of ard $300-500, this will assure u good aftersales.

satines;413685 said:
To get "max bang for buck", I have to give the car SE ang pow of $500? And I thought I had heard all kind of car salesman talk already.

meaning to say, if after delivery, if ur car has problems, at least ur SE is more than pleased to assist u to expedite proccesses and give u priority over his other customers.
max bang for buck means to say u have already negotiated and squeezed to the last drip b4 commiting the purchase....u prob shaved ard 3-5K off whatever discounted price initially quoted, so giving the SE a lil incentive to ensure things run well for u will be wise unless u intend to throw the whole idea of going back dealer for service and repairs claims etc la.

Despite many useful discussions in this tread so far, I am still not able to gauge what would be the best/good price for 520 new now?? Any bros can help share here.

Hi everyone,

What abt the 320 new ( basis version ). SE quoted 115K. How much can I squeeze? Say 108K?? Any comments pls

lazyboy77;413579 said:
i am just trying to prevent forummers to get scammed thats all. It seems that all all this advice have been met with so much resistance ,
Like my own bad experience was being brought upon myself because i never give a big ang pao or because i ask for more freebies . Shame on me.
Anyway this exchange has been most enriching, i have learnt that all SE are just feeble beings earning lesser than a mac donalds floor manager, that we should actually not bargain when buying cars, if possible give fat ang paos, pay more than the list price if possible to help those in need and spur the economy. Anyway my apologies, i have all along adopted a wrong approach in buying cars, i deserved to be scammed. Good day

hi there, don't get upset by the comments given, don't think anyone meant to insult you. Everyone has their own style when dealing w sales ppl. I think "peanuts" salary is subjective anyway, and different car dealerships offer different comm packages. Some are more than generous even without loan comm, but I do know most SEs look to customers car loans to maximise their comm.

No shame in asking for discount, it's your hard earned money. And the basic car cost can easily be worked out to see how fat the profit margin is. Esp for the lifestyle cars - coupe/cab (HUGE MARGIN!). bread and butter models like 320 prob already at lower profit.

For me, I make it clear from the start that I will not be taking loan, so that they won't feel cheated when we talk discount. I have never asked for a discount off the SE's comm, but only direct from the dealership margin itself. I also don't get freebies, but without taking a loan, I never expect it unless dealership holding promo.

I am happy with my recent car purchase cos I was referred an SE by a good friend. Was provided with top notch service, the SE even helped to nego a larger discount than i requested. Plus, when I had problems on delivery, my SE helped sort it out, providing the right management contacts when necessary. Maybe the trick is to go on referral insteaad of walking in. I know some SEs only good at pushing you to buy car, not about cust satisfaction. For me, I reward the good service by referring to other friends.

good luck with your next car purchase!

bmw8338;413767 said:
Hi everyone,

What abt the 320 new ( basis version ). SE quoted 115K. How much can I squeeze? Say 108K?? Any comments pls

since the new facelift just launched, price will be more firm than the last batch clearance.

if u want to try for more disc, try waiting a while till they need to clear stock.

Otherwise, why don't u calculate the profit margin using the car OMV and COE to decide how much to squeeze. eg: If they only making 5K margin on 115k price, I think cannot squeeze anymore lah.

I seriously doubt that PML will budge at 5k or 10k margin level (from Basic costs + COE). What would be the margin level PML may accept? 20K? Those days of 30-40k margin may have gone, but 5~10k margin, my view is no way they are going to sell the car at that price. Pls tell me I am wrong...:)

Yes, u are right.
20K margin seems reasonable for 320.
I reckon, maybe only try 110K
what u guys think?

Ikhhome;413771 said:
I seriously doubt that PML will budge at 5k or 10k margin level (from Basic costs + COE). What would be the margin level PML may accept? 20K? Those days of 30-40k margin may have gone, but 5~10k margin, my view is no way they are going to sell the car at that price. Pls tell me I am wrong...:)

my 5k number was example only.

margn all depends on situation and car model. if ur timing is good, and they wanna clear out cars, u can get v low margin - but u have lesser selection on colours or option grade. nothing is free, u trade cost for somethig else. or u pay premium to be first ones to drive new model eg: 1 series launched at fixed price and low spec but more attention on e roads.

Fair trade to me.

if u monitor car pricing, u can see a trend. but like i said, lifestyle cars tend to have firmer pricing, even when model is phasing out.

All bros have made very good points.

At the end of the day, the transaction will be completed on a 'willing buyer, willing seller basis'

Hence if you intentions to buy are sincere, squeeze as hard as you can. They can always refuse to sell unless of course your proposed price is well within their range.

What I am trying to understand is this:
COE is almost zero, yet prices are still pretty high. Does this mean car agents have pre-purchased these stocks on high euro exchange rates or high previously agreed prices? Down the track, factory discounts should take place and the agents will be the first to benefit from that. Big Question; would be the quantum the agents are willing to transfer to their buyers.

All the big manufacturers have too much stock and have not found many buyers. PML can choose to play mind games with its buyers. All we need to do is to tell them the same story. Their prices could be a lot lower!!

With lower sales numbers, I wonder if some SEs are drowning? But generally speaking I feel they are just messengers. You offer and they repeat your offer price to the company. But at the end of the day, a sale is sale nevertheless. Their job is to close a sale. The more the better naturally.

During Dec 08, I was offered S$112K for the 320i Basic.
PML will use the Open Cat at $6K to register if I am keen.

Hope this information is useful :)

BMWSILVER;413818 said:
During Dec 08, I was offered S$112K for the 320i Basic.
PML will use the Open Cat at $6K to register if I am keen.

Hope this information is useful :)

Bro

So, what do you think of someone paying 118K for the new FL Pro Series 320i? With Xenons, rear aircon vents, rear passenger side window shades........

Is it a good price?

Thanks!

SE offer $118K ?

TobyNik;413838 said:
Bro

So, what do you think of someone paying 118K for the new FL Pro Series 320i? With Xenons, rear aircon vents, rear passenger side window shades........

Is it a good price?

Thanks!

MARK;413817 said:
What I am trying to understand is this:
COE is almost zero, yet prices are still pretty high. Does this mean car agents have pre-purchased these stocks on high euro exchange rates or high previously agreed prices? Down the track, factory discounts should take place and the agents will be the first to benefit from that. Big Question; would be the quantum the agents are willing to transfer to their buyers.
not sure on this, but seems like omv only calculated upon purchase/reg. so it can fluctuate with current fx rate. but i am not v sure. when i bought my last car, omv only confirmed after purchase. but even though coe now low, alot of dealers have stocks of older coe, so if they need to clear those older coes (b4 expiry), they might have to charge u more.

MARK;413817 said:
All the big manufacturers have too much stock and have not found many buyers. PML can choose to play mind games with its buyers. All we need to do is to tell them the same story. Their prices could be a lot lower!!
if a buyer is in no hurry, def can wait till pml more eager to sell too.

MARK;413817 said:
With lower sales numbers, I wonder if some SEs are drowning? But generally speaking I feel they are just messengers. You offer and they repeat your offer price to the company. But at the end of the day, a sale is sale nevertheless. Their job is to close a sale. The more the better naturally.
but SEs need to eat also. maybe some will cut their own comm to close a deal, but i think they are less keen to do that. unless they getting a nice car loan comm too. can't blame them right? even if they cut their comm, i doubt there wil be a line of intersted buyers rushing to meet them.

Just used the OMV value to calculate the Basic Car Price + Road Tax + COE.

Then + PML profit margin which you think is reasonable then offer this price to them.

Now is buyer world........Ha Ha ! Cash is KING :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnpbali
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back