• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 520LCi

Re: New 520LCi

Hey, can I know who is the SE in PML who quoted u $135 pls ? So far, that is the best price for 520 i hv seen.

Thx :)

NetDreamer;413897 said:
Hmm .. I was quoted $135, although trade-in was very bad as well.
If you are selling your S80 at 50+k, then I might well buy it :)
Time to buy but bad time to sell.

Yes, if you pressed hard enough, you will be able to reach close to that price. PM me if you are keen.

jpwong;414886 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but most car parts for new cars are under warranty from their principal (ie Borneo Motors claiming against Toyota Japan or Thailand) for a period of between 1 to 3 years, depending on individual arrangements.

Needless to say, the distributors in Singapore still earn from the labour charges and miscellanous items when we service our cars there from new until the warranty ends.

Hence, the potential higher returns from the distributors' workshops.

the parts are claimable from the principle, you are correct. but the maintenance of a workship is on the distributors. for examply when sime darby wanted to bid for the distributorship of BMWs, BMWs requires them to set up a workshop to the amount of $5 million. Additionally, they will need to have a showroom with good frontage and BMW expects them to further invest $5 million to the deco and the setting up of the showroom....

this is just an example.

MW;414894 said:
I may not agree with some parts of your post regarding profit but I generally believe there r some things we dun know about relating to profits but unless we r the bosses of these companies, we will never know. However, you r understandably upset at lazyboy's posts. While we share infor n opinions n experiences here, lazyboy's posts as I see it, have been the anti-thesis of everyone's posts to the point of 'challenging' them to 'prove' their opinions or experiences. He does not need a car. He needs a permanent taxi. I bet he will come in to say BMW drivers r snobs.

ha ha.. he can say what he want... like i say, i do not need to proof my points to anyone. If he thinks BMW drivers are snobs or enjoy being taken for a ride because we are BMW buyers, so be it... i will look into his face and tell him, at least we do flinch when we get fleeced. i will pray for him, i hope someday he will join our club.

anyone can be a hero behind this one third thick LCD panel... :juggle:

henry2703;415057 said:
the parts are claimable from the principle, you are correct. but the maintenance of a workship is on the distributors. for examply when sime darby wanted to bid for the distributorship of BMWs, BMWs requires them to set up a workshop to the amount of $5 million. Additionally, they will need to have a showroom with good frontage and BMW expects them to further invest $5 million to the deco and the setting up of the showroom....

this is just an example.

You are absolutely right about this. Therefore when car buyers assume the cost of cars to be approximately the OMV value x 2.3, they are merely calculating the cost of the car alone without all the other costs.

Of course if one distributor (like Toyota) sells many cars a year compared to another distributor (say Skoda) who hardly sells any cars, the other costs may or may not be significant.

However as a purchaser of any item, when we see something we like and suit our criteria, we may not mind paying a little more, regardless of the profit margin the seller makes.

henry2703;415058 said:
You mean this?

MW;415086 said:
You mean this?

ha ha... something like that... my alter ego is a lvl 80 mage with full T7.5 set... anyone scared of me?

i am also looking for a Bently GT Arnage with 25 inch sportrims... from anyone who can sell me at a loss....

Oh did i come across menacing? If yes i am sorry. I really just want to know the dealership that you are toking about prior to this. I am just perplexed at about what you said regarding that hardly any money is made from selling new cars. If thats the case why are they still so many dealerships?? I HONESTLY just want to know the dealership thats all. It is quite demeaning when u say go to "KAH motor and grab a civic". whether the statement was elitist or not only you know. Who am i to judge you anyway

The whole point of this thread is to compare the new car price for the 520 , if nobody is price sensitive like you which i presume ( just an assumption, just in case i offend your brittle feelings again) then why the numerious queries ? In fact i am puzzled as in why are you actually defending dealerships in their prices? I know PML , its sales staff and everyone in the back office need to make a living, but thats the whole point of this thread is to actually get a better pricing in todays difficult economy at the same time give a reasonable profit for PML in the mass purchase. It is a win win situation. So who is actually the "anti- thesis" here? You trying to defend PML or the others trying to get a better bargain....

i dont want to be dragged into a senseless squabble with you , if u think the people in this thread are being cheapskate and irrational in their point of trying to squeeze PML , then you should not be even in this thread at all. In fact i just reviewed my previous postings. I never once insulted or called you names like you did. maybe sarcastic at times that all. You dont have to get angry over me. Blame it on me being dumb not able to understand the complexities of the car business. i apologize , if i were that smart i will be getting a bentley instead.....pls be patient with me

Maybe you can start a new thread wanting to buy a Bentley.....dont think you will get much responses in this thread....just a suggestion

henry2703;414881 said:
sure... i can share that info... go to kah motor and grab a civic. those are their bread and butter cars. they don't make much out of it. they make 5k from you and have to provide for operating cost, staff cost and provide warranty for your car for 3 years.

i do hope you will read properly before you start shooting your postings... i look at the books, not individual car sales. On the whole, these dealership don't make THAT MUCH from their new car sales. they make more from servicing. they of couse make more from selling the higher end cars, but if you average it down, the profit, vs their turnover, it is not high.

rough gauge, an exclusive dealership will make about 25 to 30% of their NOP from car sales, and probably 75% of their NOP from the workshops.

you think it is easy to make money from car sales? a 320i PML make 10k from you. that include staff cost, operating cost, still have to provide you 3 years warranty... you think all these things don't need money? you haven't count marketing cost which is hell expensive too. these cost are tranparent to you, but it doesn't mean it don't exist.

after amortising all these cost from the 10k, how much of it you think is left?

bro, this forum we treat each other nice... if you wanna come and scream and shout and challenge people, my suggestion is you take your story else where....

i don't like you... end of my reply to you.

hope you get a nice car that the sales man will die for you.

firstly for the record i dont think BMW drivers are snobs and taken for a ride. If not why am i actually considering one? This is a BMW forum, i must have an IQ of a peanut to say such stupid things. That post i made earlier was meant in reponse to that person . Anyway this exchange has degraded to a level of a senseless melee with name calling like HERO behind computer....anyway thanks for the compliment. I kinda like the term hero.

Also last question, when u say i hid behind a 3 inch LCD panel, u mean that i lack credibility i presume rite?
so how do i improve credibility? I mean how do you do your postings? I presume 90% of the forummers here use a lap top or desktop at work rite?
U mean u dont use the computer? You do your postings using your hand phone or black berry when you having lunch outside? will that improve credibility? I dont know maybe you can help me out here....i am not too bright you see....

cheers and good day

henry2703;415058 said:
ha ha.. he can say what he want... like i say, i do not need to proof my points to anyone. If he thinks BMW drivers are snobs or enjoy being taken for a ride because we are BMW buyers, so be it... i will look into his face and tell him, at least we do flinch when we get fleeced. i will pray for him, i hope someday he will join our club.

I finally know how come you are so agitated. i mean you must be fuming mad that cheapskates exist in this world, haggling over the listed price with the SE asking for a meagre discount . Not everyone is like you able to afford a Bentley, i mean the price we knock off might just be pocket change for you. Pls be a bit more sensitive and tolerant. I am sorry if i offended you but i guess you belong up there and me down here

This is the same case as when i go to the hawker center for lunch (if you have been to one , not to be sarcastic) i am always quite bothered when a old man or old woman come to collect my drink can when i am not finished drinking yet but when i look back i think we have to be more tolerant. They dont find it offensive but there are instances they get scoulded by the other diners. I guess the misunderstanding toke place because of the wide socio-economic difference we have. I mean to afford a bentley is really UP there. Saving a few thousand off the list price can actually go a long way for some of us at the same time fullfilling the dream of owning a BMW and spurring the economy. But to you you find it distasteful and almost exploitatory to the SE.

cheers.

henry2703;415099 said:
ha ha... something like that... my alter ego is a lvl 80 mage with full T7.5 set... anyone scared of me?

i am also looking for a Bently GT Arnage with 25 inch sportrims... from anyone who can sell me at a loss....

I think you can stop your condescending posts. A BMW may be pocket change to you but i have worked hard to actually able to afford a 200k car. If thats a crime itself or shameful I have nothing to say. Yes i dont need a car i should drive a taxi instead. Who does? a car for me is for transport and convenience getting ard in a civic which i am being told to buy and a bimmer actually serves the same purpose for me . I wanted to reward myself for the past few years of hard work by getting the "ultimate driving machine" as in the advertising slogan . I am not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. If by sharing my experiences so that some other people here will be able to save a few thousand , i feel why not? I know my reality of money and yours is totally different. To you saving a few k equals a miser who deprives a SE of his livelihood. For me I want to reach a compromise between the seller and the buyer. I dont think anyone is will sell me a car at a loss rite?

Sharing experiences and opinions is based on mutual respect . I may not be able to afford a bentley like your friend any maybe you. But i am proud of the fact that my hard work is able to allow me to even consider a BMW. I dont go around to a Nitendo Wii forum for kids and laugh at them after some kids post they got a faulty set from ebay? I wont post replys like what u get for being a cheapskate, what do u expect ? u dont exect to get a cheaper set and expect the full warrenty and service rite? U expect the eaby seller to die for you?

another analogy is if u were to walk into Prada, and u happen to own a 500 prada wallet and next to you is a shabbily dressed man who happens to be me haggling a discount off the list price of 500 maybe counteroffering 450 for the same wallet. I know you will be bias of course esp u feel that luxury items should be reserved for the exclusive few. I am not trying to imply you are snobbish but it is just we have different backgrounds thats all. Sometimes i do question why i am not born rich . But i am lucky to be able to consider a BMW after my last few years of tolling.

I rest my case. I find this totally disturbing , i rather you CHALLENGUE me in your replys than to belittle me by your "yawning post". I dont think i want to reply anymore and i rest my case.. I think respect is earned and not bestowed. I may not be rich but i know the word respect. Cheers.

MW;414894 said:
I may not agree with some parts of your post regarding profit but I generally believe there r some things we dun know about relating to profits but unless we r the bosses of these companies, we will never know. However, you r understandably upset at lazyboy's posts. While we share infor n opinions n experiences here, lazyboy's posts as I see it, have been the anti-thesis of everyone's posts to the point of 'challenging' them to 'prove' their opinions or experiences. He does not need a car. He needs a permanent taxi. I bet he will come in to say BMW drivers r snobs.

In tough times like these, its not fair to lowball anyone. People still have to make a living and car dealers also have families to feed, expenses to bear. Nobody wants to make a loss doing business, but unfortunately there are times when even if not making much $ or loss, dealers would rather get rid of their stock on hand n get back their cash.

Please do not assume that dealerships or PIs make indecent amounts of profits and its only fair for you to lowball them jus to get a deal which u think is fair. Marketing costs, employees salaries, rentals, renovations, logistics, commissions, "return of investment" and etc, all these are hidden costs which aren't seen to you.

Nothing in this world is fair, fairness is in relation with the amount of money u spent to buy it!

If u think this business makes alot of money, why don't u start a dealership or a PI, and u sell the cars base on your calculation methods. Im sure alot of pple would be buying cars from you instead.

and yes, i firmly believe that not only your money is hard earned, everyone else's money is as well. be it earned by ownself or left behind by parents. these money was earned no matter what, car dealers, forumers here aren't exception as well.

How did lazyboy get the idea that all BMW owners are rich and born with a silverspoon in their mouths? He needs sociology lessons

I dont think you actually able to comprehend arguements dont you?? Hmmm.....are u five year old behind a nick?? maybe you can recommend me your sociology teacher ?

MW;415927 said:
How did lazyboy get the idea that all BMW owners are rich and born with a silverspoon in their mouths? He needs sociology lessons

lazyboy77;415611 said:
I dont think i want to reply anymore and i rest my case..Cheers.

lazyboy77;416035 said:
I dont think you actually able to comprehend arguements dont you?? Hmmm.....are u five year old behind a nick?? maybe you can recommend me your sociology teacher ?

Self Pawn

10 chars

i dont think it is fair to equate lowballing to negotiation. Lowballing from i gather is to offer below the cost price of the item. Unfortunately i dont think anyone is foolish enuff to sell an item below cost even at this times unless MW knows of any dealer that has the IQ of a peanut which i will not be surprise is he knew judging from his responses.

I mean the point of this thread is actually to work out a deal favourable to both the buyer and seller in terms of a bulk buy rite? Like you said these are extraordinary times , if eveyone is holding back purchases, would the economy recover? Look at the property market now. There is a standoff between the buyers and sellers, a case of who will blink first.

I am beginning to wonder whether this forum was created by car owners itself of hosted by car dealers themselves. I am AGAINST lowballing and i state again AGAINST , the recent report last week on the news stated that decrease in sales of new cars despite the lower COE premiums have actually translate to more 2nd hand sales. If this carries on, the second hand market for cars will also suffer . Everyone will. Car dealers will drop new car prices to and so will 2nd hand cars values. If you think bulk purchases and negotiation will actually cause more down downside for the car industry , i got nothing to say. My take is if people are still buying , the economy will recover and everyone will benefit. People need to have some incentives to commit a huge purchase such as a car in this times. if you think the car industry will survive better without negotiations and no discounts given, then only time will tell. Nobody knows who right or wrong. Blame it on the credit crisis that things have deterioted to this level.

Kiske;415839 said:
In tough times like these, its not fair to lowball anyone. People still have to make a living and car dealers also have families to feed, expenses to bear. Nobody wants to make a loss doing business, but unfortunately there are times when even if not making much $ or loss, dealers would rather get rid of their stock on hand n get back their cash.

Please do not assume that dealerships or PIs make indecent amounts of profits and its only fair for you to lowball them jus to get a deal which u think is fair. Marketing costs, employees salaries, rentals, renovations, logistics, commissions, "return of investment" and etc, all these are hidden costs which aren't seen to you.

Nothing in this world is fair, fairness is in relation with the amount of money u spent to buy it!

If u think this business makes alot of money, why don't u start a dealership or a PI, and u sell the cars base on your calculation methods. Im sure alot of pple would be buying cars from you instead.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vnlotocredit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back