• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 520LCi

Re: New 520LCi

The loan rebate is 8% of the loan amount. To get this rebate, you need minimum 7 years loan, @2.99%. Think the loan amount must also be 70% of the selling price.

We did a fair bit of calculations, and didn't find the rebate attractive. Appears that the nett price is higher with the loan rebate than without.

So we went without the loan rebate.

Cheers!

wah $133K nett without the loan rebate (which is NOT a good deal IMHO)
3 thumbs for you
:goodup: :goodup::goodup:

vincent4;424431 said:
The loan rebate is 8% of the loan amount. To get this rebate, you need minimum 7 years loan, @2.99%. Think the loan amount must also be 70% of the selling price.

We did a fair bit of calculations, and didn't find the rebate attractive. Appears that the nett price is higher with the loan rebate than without.

So we went without the loan rebate.

Cheers!

wt_know;424450 said:

Maybe I read it too quickly, in the beginning, I thought u meant the deal was a bad one, lol.

On subsequent reading, I think u could have meant $133K is a good deal but loan package isn't. Aftterall u did gave the thumbs up ;)

yeah. what i meant by "bad deal" is the loan rebate which is a gimmick.

ktnpl;424646 said:
Maybe I read it too quickly, in the beginning, I thought u meant the deal was a bad one, lol.

On subsequent reading, I think u could have meant $133K is a good deal but loan package isn't. Aftterall u did gave the thumbs up ;)

One factor to consider is that the current stock from PML are manufactured in 2008. The year of production will have a huge bearing on the car's resale value in the export market. I was told the next shipment, which will be 2009 production, will arrive in May or Jun 09.

make a booking for a 520 today. 525 is out of stock and next shipment expected only in may/jun!

have a few queries that i hope to get some help on (will also do some research through the forums):
1) where can i get a GPS installed. should have direction via sound and also ability to search by postal code
2) where should i get some paint protection?
3) where can i tint the windows with a solar film?
4) decided to hold off on 525 given that new model is coming out next year plus no stock but would like to explore adding a bit more juice. anyone can recommend a mod that does not void warranty?
5) is there like a one-stop shop for cars that can do most of the above?

thanks very much for your time.

Can i ask what was the listed price?
vincent4;424384 said:
Hi,

Just booked a 520i last sunday for 133K nett. Bargained real hard... cannot wait for it to arrive.

Cheers!

EJH;424844 said:
make a booking for a 520 today. 525 is out of stock and next shipment expected only in may/jun!

have a few queries that i hope to get some help on (will also do some research through the forums):
1) where can i get a GPS installed. should have direction via sound and also ability to search by postal code
If u mean i-drive, forget about since u booked already. It has to be installed in the factory.

davidtch;424901 said:
If u mean i-drive, forget about since u booked already. It has to be installed in the factory.

thanks. after reading through the forum, i will probably get a garmin instead.

Garmin. Affordable and good :thumbsup:. No regret.
I usually use it for my trip info such as travel time, travel distance, ave speed, max speed, etc instead of navigation ... hahaha

EJH;424921 said:
thanks. after reading through the forum, i will probably get a garmin instead.

EJH;424844 said:

2) where should i get some paint protection?
3) where can i tint the windows with a solar film?
4) decided to hold off on 525 given that new model is coming out next year plus no stock but would like to explore adding a bit more juice. anyone can recommend a mod that does not void warranty?
5) is there like a one-stop shop for cars that can do most of the above?

thanks very much for your time.
Hi,

Did you check which version of the iDrive control you are getting? We were told that there are both the older models and the newer ones. Some colors only have the old ones.

vincent4;424384 said:
Hi,

Just booked a 520i last sunday for 133K nett. Bargained real hard... cannot wait for it to arrive.

Cheers!

wah liao! u good la bro! i didn't manage to bargain that hard....i was sort of swept off my feet cos originally wanted to buy the 320 pro la. (within budget) but saw the 520 and went for test drive? shiok la....so now eat peanut butter sandwich 3 times a week liao! hahahaha!

Anway, i got a pretty not so good experience...make sure u check urs thoroughly, today? for instance, i discovered a deep scratch on the inside of the door frame! (went to PML, they said will touch up paint for me).

Also, when i took delivery of car? it's rushed job man.....the wax stains still around, i had to use tissue paper to wipe off....wah liao....

congrats bro! lets meet soon...heee...:)

wt_know;424450 said:
3 thumbs for you
:goodup: :goodup::goodup:

Good price liao la...i got mine for 2k more....but got the new I-Drive instead cos it's last. and my color is brown on black....heee....heard is good color....kinda luxurious coror inside...hee...

Anyway, i don't think they'll give u solar tint at that price man....go to cool and lite at either toh guan or Ubi tech park area... (paya ubi, bliock 53, facing PIE).

GOod price, i got mine fixed last saturday....

Garmin? my SE told me if PML fix it? gonna cost 4k on our cars leh...

any bros here know how much can get it done outside? reliable bo?:oops:

vincent4;424954 said:
Hi,

Did you check which version of the iDrive control you are getting? We were told that there are both the older models and the newer ones. Some colors only have the old ones.

think i'm getting the newer one. what is the difference between new and old?

EJH;425232 said:
think i'm getting the newer one. what is the difference between new and old?

Newer ones have 7 short cut buttons as opposed to old ones which have just 2 buttons....
(new ones have CD, radio, nav, etc etc).....
what coror u buy buddy?:cloud9:

bonsoir;425235 said:
Newer ones have 7 short cut buttons as opposed to old ones which have just 2 buttons....
(new ones have CD, radio, nav, etc etc).....
what coror u buy buddy?:cloud9:

i see. i test drove the version with the old one then. the shortcut buttons are indeed quite convenient.

got black color, wifey's fav. car color. what about you?

EJH;425239 said:
i see. i test drove the version with the old one then. the shortcut buttons are indeed quite convenient.

got black color, wifey's fav. car color. what about you?

I always wanted carbon grey, metallic grey, but wife also preffered black sapphire?
got my interiors brown tho...last one....don't know joon or not...haa...
let's meet for kopi/tea soon la...heee...
me still driving 80-90km/h....tho iknow it's already runned in...but safer to err on the side of caution la....heee
but please make sure u check thoroughly when u pick up ur car at bt timah bro.....:yummie:

bonsoir;425240 said:
me still driving 80-90km/h....tho iknow it's already runned in...but safer to err on the side of caution la....heee
hi, what was the mileage when you first collected the car? was told that starting is at least 30 km is that true?

when i collected my 320 3-weeks ago, the mileage was 26km

ktnpl;425252 said:
hi, what was the mileage when you first collected the car? was told that starting is at least 30 km is that true?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back