• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 630 or used 645ci ?

Re: New 630 or used 645ci ?

Buy the 630, supercharge it and eat the 645 for dinner...

Then take the money saved by choosing the 630 over the 645 and buy a Jap MPV, invest it, buy a jetski, have thousands of plates of wan ton noodles... whatever you like.

you said it AGAIN.

i take it youre a porsche fan too...so am i...but from the couch that is...never had the privilege to own/drive one.

CBS Bro.. the new 630i no have SC kit yet.. and also, Wilson and I looked at the engine bay hor.. I think no space to put a snail le... *sign*
Whereas the 645i has a SC Kit by VF Engr... Eat the 650 for lunch, dinner and supper...
I hope someone will develop a kit soon... if not, no choice.. NA... 645 will eat 630 for breakfast.. :D

hahaha... no moolah for the 645i la... road tax alone..killer liao.. abt S$5800 le...:yikess:

I think no space la.. unless ESS comes out the twin screw charger for the N52 engine.. then ho seh la... :D

Its ok la.. I saved all the money, to buy lots of wanton mee.. and kopi si...

i never had a chance to drive a 645ci... but i heard someone mention before but the car isnt as fast it should be? (which surprised me as well) perhaps becos of the auto box? wonder if any 645 owners can share their experience...

Anyone done research on the BMW V8's? I understand from BMW technical staff that there have been some running and niggling problems with the engine - unstable idling RPM or something?

Doc,
The 645 is fast, well torquey is the keyword...
I dont think my M can cream that car so easily on highway but on track, M should rule.

And re the V8 idling problem, I also heard bout that but long ago, dunno if it's fixed now..

TripleM;150222 said:
Doc,
The 645 is fast, well torquey is the keyword...
I dont think my M can cream that car so easily on highway but on track, M should rule.

And re the V8 idling problem, I also heard bout that but long ago, dunno if it's fixed now..

Hi Jack

I see... i never really found out much abt the BMW v8's cos never thought of buying one.. but i do recall someone experienced in PML telling me "whatever you buy just dont buy our V8".. haha... kudos for honesty!

well.. maybe we can hear from the owners of 645's themselves..

So far mine's ok. It all depends on which batch of V8, 4.4L engines produced, heard its mostly on yr 2004. Its so bad that the knees will shake during idling...
It has been rectified by doing a major top overhaul, changing of parts.

For eg. 735i, V8 produces ultra smooth idling. I think Vee engines are the way to go for future BMWs.. The new V8 M3 will be able to convince us well enough.

The 6yls IL are the way to go for BMW, not V6 IMO :)

TripleM;150267 said:

I think you mean V8??

but why do you say this? I tend to have the same feeling cos BMW is stil not famed in making V8's....

but in the horsepower war, may have no choice but to go higher displacement in vee...

what do you think?

Maybe BMW should do like wat Nissan is doing for the GTR ah.. Turbo charged the IL6... Produce 500HP and above.. :D
Of course the V's are good for high HP and Torque..but handling wise, it can be quite nose heavy... no??

Yes.. i agree..
Missed out that BMW produces one of the best Inline 6 engines.
As for the 8 cylinders + large displacement... Vee is the way to go... :)

TripleM;150267 said:

i remember shaun posting a link to a website a long time ago...the info said something about inline six engines having the least vibration and being the smoothest due to its structure/layout

kl88;148791 said:
Decision can't be made simply on the purchase price of the car, cos the running costs between a 6-cyl 3.0L and a 8-Cyl 4.4L are 'quite' different...

Buy the biggest engine (that you can afford), on the smallest body (that you can find)... for the biggest smile on your face... 8)

haha first thing i thought of is a Honda S2000 with a Bugatti Veryon engine :D MADNESS!!

i went to see the XK too .. cause now the 630 there is no stock and even if i book it now i cant get stock till march 07 ..... :(

SEI;150414 said:
haha first thing i thought of is a Honda S2000 with a Bugatti Veryon engine :D MADNESS!!

I'd be godamm surprise u can fit the engine first!!!.. then worry abt where you'd put ur 8 radiators, 4 intercoolers.. 4 turbo chargers.. blah blah blah.. HAHA!

B_73_M;150284 said:
Yes.. i agree..
Missed out that BMW produces one of the best Inline 6 engines.
As for the 8 cylinders + large displacement... Vee is the way to go... :)

Of course V engines for 8 cyl, no dispute, else how can u make In line-8 for mass road going production cars?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back