New BMW owner with low low omv. 8(

Re: New BMW owner with low low omv. 8(

Thks, Leica. BMW.SG is a surprise and pleasant find for me. Glad to be part of the community. In case any of you are planning on getting the 523i, the following are the discounts I received.

Trade in Toyota Harrier (2004): 50k
Overtrade: 11k (the salesman initially offered only 7k. Raised it to 11k to sweeten the deal when I was still not biting) :)
I will also be getting refund on the balance of my existing road tax and $1000 vouchers that can be used towards servicing of the new car.

I have a feeling that I could have gotten more discounts if I persisted. Anyway, hope the above info can help someone out there get even more discounts. cheers!

Oh, yes. One more thing. The salesman also threw in free solar film for the car. I had the choice of Cool n Lite or V-Kool. I chose the former.

Howdy,

Did thay give you 30% voucher to buy accessories??? Looking for this to buy the performance exhaust for my car.

Cheers

chiusm;551536 said:
Thks, Leica. BMW.SG is a surprise and pleasant find for me. Glad to be part of the community. In case any of you are planning on getting the 523i, the following are the discounts I received.

Trade in Toyota Harrier (2004): 50k
Overtrade: 11k (the salesman initially offered only 7k. Raised it to 11k to sweeten the deal when I was still not biting) :)
I will also be getting refund on the balance of my existing road tax and $1000 vouchers that can be used towards servicing of the new car.

I have a feeling that I could have gotten more discounts if I persisted. Anyway, hope the above info can help someone out there get even more discounts. cheers!

zorro;551545 said:
Howdy,

Did thay give you 30% voucher to buy accessories??? Looking for this to buy the performance exhaust for my car.

Cheers

u want? I have no need for it...

Yes ..if you dont mind...Thanks in advance,....is it transferable?

Don't know about transferability....if can, PM me your contact.

Racebred;551217 said:
pretty soon the PIs are going to complain to LTA that PML is undercutting them.

haha good one Shawn. At this rate, PML is doing PIs a favour. No reason not to buy PI unit if lower puchase price and higher omv.

C3P0;551012 said:
No one can predict the future price for a F10, too many factors involved. Can be low, can be high, depends on the market then and the supply/demand.
So don't worry too much about it and enjoy the car. We only live once, Hitmee say one before he put all his savings into a R8.

That's true....

Looking at local conditions:
COE is one major contributing factor...mid-long term....that's just gonna shrinnk!!..translating to higher COE prices, the cost of buying a new car will rise higher and higher....so OMV becomes less of a contributing factor....

Looking at global conditions:
Euro is expected to remain weak for mid-term outlook...so companies invested in Euro will find it less and less attractive to remain in Euro....so look at where BMW is heading....the China market and the BMW plants in China...once China re-values its currency...makes economic sense to make China the primary supplier to the world

...so those with current batches of BMWs...hang-on to them...in time to come...no more made in germany, usa, southafrica...

...that's my prediction...

And..yes....enjoy the ride!! :yummie:

Last edited by a moderator:

and COE suppose to go away with the introduction of more ERP gantries.. Now we are stuck with super high COE and gazillion entries from east to west.

Don't know whether I will be getting any 30% vouchers still. Have not collected the car yet. On the point of PI becoming a more viable option, I thought one of the major setback of buying from PI is that they may not have the computerised equipment to do more advanced diagnostics if our cars have any major problems? Volvo salesman told me that if I buy from PI and my car has more serious problem in the future which needs service at authorised dealer, I will be charged an adoption fee. 15k for Cycle n Carriage and 7k for S M Motors. Not sure what is adoption fee for PML.

chiusm;551569 said:
Don't know whether I will be getting any 30% vouchers still. Have not collected the car yet. On the point of PI becoming a more viable option, I thought one of the major setback of buying from PI is that they may not have the computerised equipment to do more advanced diagnostics if our cars have any major problems? Volvo salesman told me that if I buy from PI and my car has more serious problem in the future which needs service at authorised dealer, I will be charged an adoption fee. 15k for Cycle n Carriage and 7k for S M Motors. Not sure what is adoption fee for PML.

$10k

cheers

PML charge $10K ... ac323 :thumbsup:

by the way, many outside workshops got the diagnostic equipment to diagnose bimmer.
since F10 is so new, outside workshop need time to catch up

chiusm;551569 said:

chiusm;551569 said:
was told Cycle and carriage no adoption fee now. will not entertain at all. agreement with parent company Daimler

was told Cycle and carriage no adoption fee now. will not entertain at all. agreement with parent company Daimler

Whoa... that's scary. Guess I'd rather pay a premium to buy from authorised dealer and have some peace of mind.

Slater;551579 said:

Cycle's adoption fee is $500. Was told that they're going to up it to 10k very very soon. Or they might have already increased it lio. Heard this about a month ago.

715;551587 said:
Cycle's adoption fee is $500. Was told that they're going to up it to 10k very very soon. Or they might have already increased it lio. Heard this about a month ago.

10k seems to be the magic number for most AD's.:wavey:

Heard that the 523i uses run flat tyres and does not come with a spare. Two questions for all you bmw gurus:
1. Are these costly to replace?
2. Can the car take normal tyres instead of RFTs?

Thks in advance.

:helpp!:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iphone16seriesclickbuy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back