New F10 523i owner

Re: New F10 523i owner

Congrats!! Guess we should be seeing more F10 with sunroofs on the road pretty soon ;)

wt_know;561747 said:
generally, many goes to PI for lifestyle car like coupe/cabriolet and muscular ride like M3, M5

now with F10 (family sedan) PML cut throat pricing, i reckon PI should step up their sales promotion and be aggresive to attack PML and win the battle. :thumbsup:

but first must find a good PI

The way I see the F10 price from PML, you have to hedge your bets due to the low OMV from both parties. Either get ripped hollow like a carrot from PML or you mitigate losses by saving through a much more reasonable price through the PI route. At the end of the day, the PML car might be marginally more expensive in the 2nd hand market if it is below 3 years due to their warranty. But even then their warranty is bullshit. If you intend to keep the car for more than 3 years, I think you win by going the PI way because you pay less and after 3 years, the residual value is pretty much the same for both cars, PML or PI.

It depends on negotiation skills. Can easily get more than 30k for non-sunroof version.

wt_know;561762 said:
what is the saving in term of pi car price vs pml car price (net) ignoring coe top up and trade in

i certainly want to keep > 3 years. anything less, the loss is too much to stomach.
i got my e90 320 from pml because no pi bring in e90 320 (sedan) and the price difference is small. now with F10, things are different. the only issue is claim warranty thru pml (if needed) ... $10K registration :thinking:

satinGHOST|r!der;561767 said:
The way I see the F10 price from PML, you have to hedge your bets due to the low OMV from both parties. Either get ripped hollow like a carrot from PML or you mitigate losses by saving through a much more reasonable price through the PI route. At the end of the day, the PML car might be marginally more expensive in the 2nd hand market if it is below 3 years due to their warranty. But even then their warranty is bullshit. If you intend to keep the car for more than 3 years, I think you win by going the PI way because you pay less and after 3 years, the residual value is pretty much the same for both cars, PML or PI.

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;561778 said:
i certainly want to keep > 3 years. anything less, the loss is too much to stomach.
i got my 320i from pml because no pi bring in 320i (sedan). now with F10, things are different. i have to wait abit longer for F10 to stablize because if got any warranty claim through pml, need to pay $10K registration :hmmidont:

Even in worse case scenario you have to pay 10k to register the car for a big warranty claim provided they are competent enough to change the right things in the car, you still save hell of alot of money for the cost of the claim and the initial savings of the car though you are 10k less. I think its worth it if you know its a major claim which is quite unlikely IMHO.

I agree the prices for F10 need to stabilize. You just need a few second hand sale F10s in the market and you will see prices adjust accordingly. PML will not be able to sustain this price soon unless they think they are in Disneyland.

skip;561746 said:
Sweet indeed, and I had a very pleasant experience with the PI. Delivering the car in 23hrs after COE bidding close is unheard of I believe. I was told by PML SE they will take 10 to 15 days to deliver the car.

:goodup: that's fast!

Prolly car is ready for delivery, just waiting for COE.

PI car now has lower price AND higher OMV? Wow...

Ok, maybe that's due to the higher specs on the PI car. But still, the feeling must be good...

Hi skip, can share with us name of your PI and whether PI has test-drive car?

etan1;561803 said:
:goodup: that's fast!

Prolly car is ready for delivery, just waiting for COE.

Yup... Booked the car last Wednesday, all paper work were completed by Friday. Once the COE was secured the SE registered the car the following morning and it was ready to be driven home by 3pm.

ktnpl;561810 said:
Hi skip, can share with us name of your PI and whether PI has test-drive car?

They had display units in the showroom, not sure if they allow test drive as I didn't ask.

Will pm you the PI name.

skip;561835 said:
They had display units in the showroom, not sure if they allow test drive as I didn't ask.

Will pm you the PI name.

Hi Sir can PM me the PI name thanks..

Based on the PI's price, it is still a super high 60k profit margin for the PI, compared to PML's 38k profit margin for E60 525i in mid 2009. If we factor in another 10k for warranty registration with PML, the price is far, far from attractive.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think PI car has lesser options such as omitting comfort access and maybe no professional navigation system with local map.

Right now, the dealers are banking more on buyer's emotional response rather than their practical side to carry the sales for F10.

I believe both PML and PIs will have to adjust prices to more realistic levels and improve their list of standard features once the initial euphoria over the F10 dies down, in about half a year's time. Or we can wait patiently for the next dip in the economy, which even Dr Tony Tan does not rule out from happening soon (not likely but still a possibility). Of course, having said that, it's also because my current ride with 306bhp is already a damn good car so the temptation to upgrade to F10 is not very strong. If I was driving my previous car, I may have given in to the temptation :eek:

+1

F10 523i is a detuned engine which target budget conscious buyer similar to 323/523 buyer who feel the car is great and don't wish to pay more to unleash its power. the current profit margin is indeed high due to the euphoria of new ride (die die must get first)

ktnpl;562185 said:
Based on the PI's price, it is still a super high 60k profit margin for the PI, compared to PML's 38k profit margin for E60 525i in mid 2009. If we factor in another 10k for warranty registration with PML, the price is far, far from attractive.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think PI car has lesser options such as omitting comfort access and maybe no professional navigation system with local map.

Right now, the dealers are banking more on buyer's emotional response rather than their practical side to carry the sales for F10.

I believe both PML and PIs will have to adjust prices to more realistic levels and improve their list of standard features once the initial euphoria over the F10 dies down, in about half a year's time. Or we can wait patiently for the next dip in the economy, which even Dr Tony Tan does not rule out from happening soon (not likely but still a possibility). Of course, having said that, it's also because the current ride with 306bhp is already a damn good car so the temptation to upgrade to F10 is not very strong. If I was driving my previous car, I may have given in to the temptation :eek:

I feel that PML is mistakenly maligned over the low OMV-high profit margin......if anything it is BMW Asia at work when determining the selling prices. It is also BMW Asia that pays rhe import duty, thus BMW Asia also determines the OMV.

Hi Skip, please PM me the actual final purchase price you paid and the PI company. Thinking about PI route as well. Thanks.

BlueMax;562251 said:
I feel that PML is mistakenly maligned over the low OMV-high profit margin......if anything it is BMW Asia at work when determining the selling prices. It is also BMW Asia that pays rhe import duty, thus BMW Asia also determines the OMV.

Hmmm nice first post.
You registered an account just to defend PML?

Yesterday went to a PI and saw a F10 523I (3.0L) not 2.5L with full specs (from UK) suction doors, GPS etc going at 19xk with 1 bid gurantee and omv 42K...thought its a better buy than PML 523i (base model) . Was told that the 3.0L fuel consumption better than the 2.5L??

zorro;562420 said:
Yesterday went to a PI and saw a F10 523I (3.0L) not 2.5L with full specs (from UK) suction doors, GPS etc going at 19xk with 1 bid gurantee and omv 42K...thought its a better buy than PML 523i (base model) . Was told that the 3.0L fuel consumption better than the 2.5L??
i reckon it wouldnt be significant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18winhomes
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back