New NSX ?

Re: New NSX ?

it seems like Lexus reworked the car.
They started off with stainless only to scrap and redo the entire car.

I'm sure its a fast car and the interior looks even more space age then the GTR.
but with the price, its kind of hard to pick it over, say a real exotic.

I doubt we will see this hear but i wish i can hear it live sometime, somewhere.

While I am not a fan of the 599 looks, it does seem that the Lexus will just about match it in performance stakes but be priced higher.

DoggieHowser;509187 said:
...Otherwise, it's just as easy to say ALL the US cars are sold at a loss.
:)

Isn't that proving to be the case? lol

Yes, NREs, opening new plants, may not be reflected in the mainstream products. But this is a special one-off, and that plant was opened specifically for this car. The R&D and plant may well go on to serve other products and businesses, but to be conservative, they have to assume otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yasanaki;509398 said:
it seems like Lexus reworked the car.
They started off with stainless only to scrap and redo the entire car.

I'm sure its a fast car and the interior looks even more space age then the GTR.
but with the price, its kind of hard to pick it over, say a real exotic.

I doubt we will see this hear but i wish i can hear it live sometime, somewhere.

3 LFA units allocated to singapore have already been pre sold to Borneo Motors clients.

Expect to see them on the road soon !

ClemZ;509574 said:
3 LFA units allocated to singapore have already been pre sold to Borneo Motors clients.

Didn't realise they made RHD LFAs. Keep seeing only LHDs in mags and these one-offs all tend to be LHD only.

ClemZ;509574 said:

I c one I race one

OT to Breyton: there's a difference between a loss-making car company vs a car sold at a loss.

FWIW, if this is Toyota's thinking, then there's something miscalculated.

ps if they are going to make people pay US$500k for the car, I sure hope they removed the Toyota Motor Company badge on the door sill. I remember seeing this on the IS series (ie after Toyota spun off Lexus as a separate company) and thot that shd have been first thing to be removed.

toto, maybe these are just purchased for collector's items. Kinda like the Enzo that I heard is in SG also. No need to pay the stupid PARF/COE taxes on it. But cannot drive on public roads.

thats true. some ppl will just die die buy one of these one offs. but its CF tub!!! so that RnD alone on that tub probably worth something...

Is this car faster than LP570-4 SL? The supposedly 458 cruncher...

DoggieHowser;509618 said:
OT to Breyton: there's a difference between a loss-making car company vs a car sold at a loss.

FWIW, if this is Toyota's thinking, then there's something miscalculated.

ps if they are going to make people pay US$500k for the car, I sure hope they removed the Toyota Motor Company badge on the door sill. I remember seeing this on the IS series (ie after Toyota spun off Lexus as a separate company) and thot that shd have been first thing to be removed....

LOL first line was meant as a joke. That's why the 'lol' at the end.

USD500k is way too much for a Lexus I agree, but I won't begrudge them calculating it in that way if it turns out to be a truly standalone project . Simply put, what they spent in total in bringing the car to market = their cost.

As for the Toyota nameplate, perhaps this was because there are Toyota equivalents for every mainstream Lexus model? IS = Altezza, GS = Aristo, LS = Celsior?

Breyton;509651 said:
As for the Toyota nameplate, perhaps this was because there are Toyota equivalents for every mainstream Lexus model? IS = Altezza, GS = Aristo, LS = Celsior?

This WAS after the split from Toyota into a separate company, ie. no more Altezzas.

DoggieHowser;510104 said:
This WAS after the split from Toyota into a separate company, ie. no more Altezzas.

Ah... sou desu ka....

That is strange then. Perhaps some kind of manufacturing contract between Lexus and Toyota. I used to make some steering parts for a Toyota JV co., and I will have my company imprint on the parts for easy identification, date of manufacture, batch no., etc. Perhaps it's something similar.

Jason8822;509197 said:
Does that means if we have a track in the sky with the tarmac facing down, this car can get up to speed on a normal track then go upside down and carry on speeding throught this track

Running inverted like you describe, will only work in sections of track that allow a high enough speed. Aero forces increase as a square of speed, so if the car makes 4000 lbf of downforce at 300 km/h, it'll make only 1000 lbf at 150 km/h (not enough to run a 2500 lb car inverted). Also, it goes beyond just making enough downforce to hold the weight of the car up, into making enough vertical force at the tires to allow them to balance the drag forces and maintain its speed, or accelerate the car where necessary. So while it is impossible for a car of this spec to run the entire track inverted due to the numerous low speed sections, it is definitely easy for it do for short portions of the track where speed are very high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo66ncom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back