New Paper: FT is the way to go

Mockngbrd

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
media_httpdistilleryi_IIGtb.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

Huat ar

Re: New Paper: FT is the way to go

I stopped buying New Paper for a long time. Worse than Wan Bao.

Given an option I would prefer 'local blood' but will accept FT who r real talents and not FT who r foreign trash.

We must not mix up FT with FW.

Wtf ....... if call girls can perform better than your wife that means we can make the statement "Prostitue is the way to go!". I'll change my name to God Fried Robert.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby1M said:
Given an option I would prefer 'local blood' but will accept FT who r real talents and not FT who r foreign trash.

Depends on the KPI.

If solely to win a competition, just admit it. Can't force patriotism out of it.

If it could help to groom the local talents in the long run, I will give credit as due. But time horizon too short to show results. As for soccer, very clear cut this approach has been regressive - Malaysia and Thailand has climbed on FIFA ranking while we "gostan" with over half the team of FTs.

All this hoo hah just 'cause of a Bronze Medal.... NP is good no-brain needed entertainment.

kenntona;865927 said:
I stopped buying New Paper for a long time. Worse than Wan Bao.

i pick up day old copies from my colleagues and go thru the Health Club listings...gao economical?

then should buy a few swimmer and diver from china ... those 99% can get gold medal one
must go all the way ma .... opps ... sorry china not selling their tier-1 athlete

I'm going to teach my descendants that $$$ will solve all problems. No? Look around us!

$$$ creates problem, we need more $$$ to resolve the problem and subsequently create more problems .... it's and endless loop

Dinosaur hunter;865955 said:
I'm going to teach my descendants that $$$ will solve all problems. No? Look around us!

Take France as an example - they have a chunk of second generation FTs. Of the 23 players on the 1998 WC winning team, the squad featured players who could trace their origins to Armenia, Algeria, Guadeloupe, New Caledonia, Argentina, Ghana, Senegal, Italy, French Guyana, Portugal, Spain, Martinique and the Basque Country with the patriarch of the team being Zinédine Zidane, who was born in Marseille to Algerian immigrants. But the objective was not just that particular tournament. Post 1998, France has continued to groom both local and adopted FTs. Current batch of second gen FTs are Samir Nasri, Hatem Ben Arfa, and Karim Benzema but look at the emergence of local lads like Cabaye and Ribery.

Note the same with the German soccer team. Under Joachim Löw, the German team reflected the changing demographic of Germany. It was significantly multicultural, as 11 of the players in the final 23-man World Cup Finals roster were eligible to play for other countries, despite 10 of the 11 being born or raised in Germany. The 11th, Cacau, arrived from Brazil in his late teens. But the idea has been continuation rather than one-off glory.

The local football scene is quite in a contrary in terms of approach.

kenntona;865936 said:
If it could help to groom the local talents in the long run, I will give credit as due. But time horizon too short to show results. As for soccer, very clear cut this approach has been regressive - Malaysia and Thailand has climbed on FIFA ranking while we "gostan" with over half the team of FTs.

This was the tune that was sung when Li Jiawei first came here 12 years ago...more than enough time to show some results if it was to help groom local talent as well. Truth is, local talents can never benefit from having them around..cause they won't even train together or share the same resources.

this is a serious problem. i support buy player. no wrong in buying player. all countries around the world is doing it and playing the same game. the big question is how after buying one or few excellent players this can motivate and bring up the quality of a group of players especially local ones

marklee;865989 said:
This was the tune that was sung when Li Jiawei first came here 12 years ago...more than enough time to show some results if it was to help groom local talent as well. Truth is, local talents can never benefit from having them around..cause they won't even train together or share the same resources.

Actually i kinda respect Msia's Datuk Lin Chong Wei. He's the local Born & Raised Hero of afew of my Msian friends. Tink he's playing 2nite in the Badminton SM. I'll be rooting for him. Wish we could have someone local born and bred to emulate him.

;)

why in the first place will a national paper have such a headline?

The Editor is a FT and justifying his own existence.....

jerms;866192 said:
why in the first place will a national paper have such a headline?

Can we have a FT Transport Minister?

kenntona;866202 said:
Can we have a FT Transport Minister?
We had right? In e name of MBT, is he not?

I mean someone from HK, Japan or maybe NY. They have seen the worst.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetgenin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back