New ride - E36 318i M

Raw_diamond

1992 E36 318i M

Hi,

I recently took over this ride from a fellow forummer who had maintained the car well. So far, I find the car fun to drive at higher gears and high revs, but being light footed,especially on the lower gears (pains me to drive the car hard) I find the pick-up a little sluggish.

Fuel economy is quite remarkable - I get 11km per litre (V-power) with lots of highway driving.

I enjoy rebuilding old cars and like the feeling of giving these machines a new lease of life. I hope to join in the meet ups and learn about about the E36 from the rest.

I have since done a number of new upgrades/replacements, including:
- Hurricane high performance drop-in air filter
- Brisk LGS silver sprak plugs
- ignition cable
- shock absorber mountings (front and rear)
- front brake discs
- front stay rods and anti roll bar bushings
- control arm ball join
- fuel filter
- tyres

Next on my to do list is the clutch.

Re: New ride - E36 318i M

Welcome to the Community, and congrats on the e36 :)

Welcome in Raw_diamond,

Fuel economy get 11km per litre (V-power) with lots of highway driving.
Is consider quite good for a 16 year-old e36 318iM. How about city driving?

BTW, which part of SG you are in? E,S,N,W or Central? Do join us for meetup on 31st Aug.

Have been on highways mostly since I got the car, so less sure about city mileage. I am located at Serangoon Gardens vicintiy (next to AMK)

arh.. bro. quite a few of us are north-east people.
I'm at lorong ah soo :)

Welcome. do join us for the 31st Aug Club Sandy's meetup.

hell o welcome to bmw.sg

another e36. it's a great car. :)

Raw_diamond;372255 said:
Have been on highways mostly since I got the car, so less sure about city mileage. I am located at Serangoon Gardens vicintiy (next to AMK)
welcome !
well i travel city alot + 30% highway... 8.5km - 10km depend on my foot's mood, difficult to estimate but manual confirm better than auto.
if not u ask Collin (satay man) he like to hit 6km/ltr but think he not happy cos still giving him 7km/ltr :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: he like to liao you!

FC also depend a lot on rim size and weight. Bison can tell you all about it after he change to BBS rims. :yummie:

jin teck;372342 said:
FC also depend a lot on rim size and weight. Bison can tell you all about it after he change to BBS rims. :yummie:

50% highway/50% city, I used to get 8.5-9km per litre on my 17" Motorsport double spoke rims (22lbs), after switching to 17" BBS(17lbs) without changing tyres(225-45-17), I achieved 9.5km per litre.

IMHO, under-powered car like the 316 and 318, wheel weight do make a different on fuel consumption, especially for those who travel more in the city, stop and go driving style. As you pick up from stationary you got to drag more to accelerate to your preferred speed, more fuel will be injected for more torque.

Wheel weight may have little different if your ride is 320 and above...

Ask Jin Teck, his 316 (same engine as mine) can achieve 10km per litre no matter how he drove, ha ha.

Welcome...you have a "Do" list I noticed... come come,, join the Club Sandy outing this Aug 31, your "Do" list will becomes mimsical, mod virus here is bery poisonous...:lol2:

jin teck;372411 said:
if 80% highway driving, I ever acheive 11.5km/ltr :yummie:

With air-con ON? have to agree your engine is better than mine.

hmmm, I'm getting around 9km/ltr ... tsk...tsk..tsk.. 1.6 some more... haiz

jawzsg;372425 said:
Welcome...you have a "Do" list I noticed... come come,, join the Club Sandy outing this Aug 31, your "Do" list will becomes mimsical, mod virus here is bery poisonous...:lol2:

Er....... Chairman, wats the arrangement on 31 Aug har??? I have to be like KTV PR like that ley.... split half for E46ers and half for E36 Club Sandy..... :lol2: :lol2:

*** End OT.......

WELCOME............ Raw_Diamond.... it's abt time you come to look for me... :laughlik: :nehnehhh:

jawzsg;372428 said:
hmmm, I'm getting around 9km/ltr ... tsk...tsk..tsk.. 1.6 some more... haiz

jawsg, is your over-sized shoes lo. And you always road hogging means you always use only 3rd gear to crush mah.

Hello Ramesh, hope you are enjoying your new ride. Do join the meetup on 31st August and you will meet lotsa nice chaps and E36 lovers.

Fyi: Club Sandy is a club for mostly all E36 drivers. The Chairman of the club is Jospeh aka Jaws_Sg. And the most regular hang-out would be at Colin's Satay place at Simon Road. His satay No.1 in Singapore, JB and Thailand... hee hee. Colin, next time i come free satay liao.

As i am currently in Indonesia, will catch up with you guys when I am back. Have fun and take care all.

Bumpz,
Royven

Oh Ramesh, if you need to contact me, my Indonesia mobile number is +6285 0856 9628 2489.

Looks like your fuel consumption is currently leading the pack at 11km/ltr. Most fuel efficient E36 on the road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik88me
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back