Newbie BMW buyer

HotCooler

Hi Everybody.. Happy CNY!

After registering this forum for so long.. i'm finally getting my 1st beemer.. currently doing some shopping and have some question to ask the seniors here.. hope the questions are not gonna be too stupid..

I have never owned any Conti before.. and I'm gunning for 325i convertible.. 2007-2009.. may I ask..

1) For a beemer.. is it safe to get something above 100km in mileage? Or for a newbie without the know-how of bmw.. i should stick with a lower mileage unit?

2) If i get a high mileage unit.. what should i look out for?

3) Would you advise me to get a newer or older bmw assuming I'll get the car checked at Codewerx?

4) What are the common issue on a 325i convertible?

Re: Newbie BMW buyer

HotCooler;1113023 said:

After registering this forum for so long.. i'm finally getting my 1st beemer.. currently doing some shopping and have some question to ask the seniors here.. hope the questions are not gonna be too stupid..

I have never owned any Conti before.. and I'm gunning for 325i convertible.. 2007-2009.. may I ask..

1) For a beemer.. is it safe to get something above 100km in mileage? Or for a newbie without the know-how of bmw.. i should stick with a lower mileage unit?

3) Would you advise me to get a newer or older bmw assuming I'll get the car checked at Codewerx?

Hi Hotcooler,

welcome onboard.............

try to get a lower mileage ride if possible else just make sure you check the previous service record then it should be alright..
Newer definitely better as in LCI model ( Facelift vs pre-FL? )
Common issue on the E93 is the hard top as it is a 3pc top vs Z4 2pc ( have heard water slipping thru under car wash or super heavy pour )

* Rooooooooooooooooooofless Rocks.....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

HotCooler;1113023 said:

Hi Hotcooler

Thanks for starting this thread. Because I'm also a first time BMW owner looking to get a 325 vert of that age.

Been reading up alot about buying a used BMW without warranty and most pple say it's a huge gamble.

I think engine wise if it's properly inspected and maintained, it should be fine. But I would like to know where to bring the car for pre-sales inspection too. R2D?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dun buy from ah yang, he farts a lot in the car. Aircon sure spoil

Ah yang;1113055 said:
Send it to codewerx. High or low mileage doesnt matters so long previous owner maintain it well. Any used car will be a huge gamble.

Besides sending the car for pre mechanic checks, can we do some pre screening at the dealers by looking under the hood?

I don't know much bout cars.

mack88;1113061 said:
Besides sending the car for pre mechanic checks, can we do some pre screening at the dealers by looking under the hood?

I don't know much bout cars.

Check engine leaking bo. Accident b4 or nt. How many owner b4 u. If dealers dun allow u to send, juz walk off. So many used unit in the market. Even buy frm direct owner also heng suay.

I'm just thinking if I should pay more for a newer and lower mileage unit.. or pay less for an older and higher mileage unit..

Also thinking what else I can do to reduce that risk..?

Thanks in advance :)

HotCooler;1113127 said:
I'm just thinking if I should pay more for a newer and lower mileage unit.. or pay less for an older and higher mileage unit..

Reduce risk? Buy from me:) 2011 E93, 320i with low mileage and car fully done up (mostly at Codewerx) since September 14. Now family of 3 going to add 1 newborn + 1 maid can't fit. Not in hurry to sell and it's not going to be cheap cos got my smell already. Lol.

also looking to buy a beemer. but looking to buy new rather than used... looks like coe is coming down :)

Bro.. unless u are selling around dealer price.. if not difficult due to 50% loan.. that is why im looking for 07-09.. lower quantum..
Blacknight05;1113146 said:
Reduce risk? Buy from me:) 2011 E93, 320i with low mileage and car fully done up (mostly at Codewerx) since September 14. Now family of 3 going to add 1 newborn + 1 maid can't fit. Not in hurry to sell and it's not going to be cheap cos got my smell already. Lol.

HotCooler;1113127 said:

Reduce the risk? 2 options...
(1) Do not buy or (2) u can buy from me, Dec'08 coupe, serviced at MA, all original BMW & BMW Performance parts less remapped ECU... unfortunately it is not a 325i convertible :lol2: :lol2:

Baby1M;1113167 said:
Reduce the risk? 2 options...
(1) Do not buy or (2) u can buy from me, Dec'08 coupe, serviced at MA, all original BMW & BMW Performance parts less remapped ECU... unfortunately it is not a 325i convertible :lol2: :lol2:

But with solid engine ....... Quite well taken care of.

Hallo to the potentially car owners ...

All sponsor workshop can advise you of a general condition of the car but end of the day this is not guranteed.

Same day on my deposit, i brought the car (10 mont old) to boss motorsports. chief mechanic walk one round of the car... jack up ... shine shine and ask year of car etc .. and then within 10 mins say okie. After paid they add one word if you need to see if accident car then need to send STA ...

Not saying STA is good but just to check if major accident.

The workshops here which i have been such as Codeworkz and top 93 are nice friendly one top of my list. they can visual check for wear and tear and plug into the computer to see if any trouble detected within the ECU ...

Lastly if a fairly new warranty car then send it to PML or munich to check ...

HotCooler;1113153 said:
Bro.. unless u are selling around dealer price.. if not difficult due to 50% loan.. that is why im looking for 07-09.. lower quantum..

Then you are not my target market, I got carrot so must look for someone who can take over the carrot:lol:

hijacking this conversation a little, if i were to buy new (from PML), what is a reasonable quanta of discount I should expect or fight for off list price?

supern0va;1113249 said:
hijacking this conversation a little, if i were to buy new (from PML), what is a reasonable quanta of discount I should expect or fight for off list price?

maybe i should have bargained, but there was no discount when i got my f20 3months back. all i got was 3m mats and tint. which i think is quite standard.

What would be a fair depreciation for the 325 convertible that's about 5 years old.

Blacknight05;1113146 said:

bro.... still marketing ah??? LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back