News Flash: Additional buyer's stamp duty for private property from Dec 8

Re: News Flash: Additional buyer's stamp duty for private property from Dec 8

hitmee;713440 said:
the price plunge, i plunge into the market

u jump i jump.

zorro;713428 said:
Time for some correction......Upper end condo should see a sharper decline........

I seriously think those people that bought BEDOK Residence will feel that they are buying a the peak!

Actually if the high end properties will drop 10% or more, why would foreigners complain about the 10% stamp duty, assuming of course they are not speculators but dwellers?

10% is nothing lor... look at psf of hhigh-end in shanghai ppt... anyway... guess who will benefit in singapore, not retail, not buyer but .....

foreigner already waiting to whack if high end property drop by 10% to 15% perhaps even more after filter out weak buyers

kenntona;715400 said:
Actually if the high end properties will drop 10% or more, why would foreigners complain about the 10% stamp duty, assuming of course they are not speculators but dwellers?

+1 ... brilliant money making plan ... money comes 1st ... pacify people (sideline) ... sibei 高

if "they" really want to curb property, they can immediately put on a "restriction" like last time why ABSD?

ipoh-horfun;715423 said:
10% is nothing lor... look at psf of hhigh-end in shanghai ppt... anyway... guess who will benefit in singapore, not retail, not buyer but .....

Last edited by a moderator:

It is a mathematical issue. $10m dropped 10% times 110% is still cheaper than $10m !!!

So why are foreign buyers discouraged?

you are darn right
if a buyer cannot afford or find $1M is high or out of his budget, he will not buy anyway. there is no transaction.

drop 10% = $900K + $90K = $990K
drop 15% = $850K + 85K = $935K
drop 20% = $800K + $80K = $880K

i think the FT interviewed by CNA waiting to whack liao
buyer happy, gov happy, bank happy, developer happy (asking price is overpriced anyway), who is not happy?

perhaps, when you sell the unit the 10% is not "value" into the property price? willing seller, willing buyer ... definitely can find someone to carry the baby :D

kenntona;715429 said:
It is a mathematical issue. $10m dropped 10% times 110% is still cheaper than $10m !!!

So why are foreign buyers discouraged?

wt_know;715433 said:
you are darn right
if a buyer cannot afford or find $1M is high or out of his budget, he will not buy anyway. there is no transaction.

drop 10% = $900K + $90K = $990K
drop 15% = $850K + 85K = $935K
drop 20% = $800K + $80K = $880K

i think the FT interviewed by CNA waiting to whack liao
buyer happy, gov happy, bank happy, developer happy (asking price is overpriced anyway), who is not happy?

perhaps, when you sell the unit the 10% is not "value" into the property price? willing seller, willing buyer ... definitely can find someone to carry the baby :D

Same school of thoughts here... Once it down at least 10%... Overseas investors will be back for sure... Win-win situation for investors as well as the garment... Maybe garment red eye on the P/L of the developers... hahaha...

if property prices corrected 10% (at least) to 15%, overseas investors will conitnue to buy and hot money still flow into singapore.
if i'm "gov" i will propose the same plan too ... :D
just like increase CTE ERP by $0.50 - $1 will improve traffic flow in CTE ? :lol:

Centurion9990;715449 said:
Same school of thoughts here... Once it down at least 10%... Overseas investors will be back for sure... Win-win situation for investors as well as the garment... Maybe garment red eye on the P/L of the developers... hahaha...

My fear is if foreigner shift elsewhere to park their cash n not singapore anymore, it will be bad for singapore. The damages may be worst... It is very difficult to gain back their confidences. Take Malaysia as a simple example... not many foreigners have thought of investing in Malaysia because policies change frequently in the past. Damage was done..

Commercial property will rise as many would shift to this segment.

Very strange lei, increase 10%, ppl also not happy, FT not happy, locals also not happy.

1) Some ppl say aiyah who benefit but still the gov who still benefit.
2) Some say will affect the market and cash in flowing to singapore.
3) Some say aiyah its only to make more money.

Thing is, if they stop totally economy will not be good, then ppl complain why gov do such lousy job, if do well, aiyah they all squeeze everyone dry lor thats why doing well ma. Or ppl will say aiyah say say nice nice figures only, got do good meh??? I never see lei...

End of the day, Im a neutral party, whoever is the gov will have to implement certain rules and regulations. At least they have to try.

Money not enuf, I work harder to earn more $$$ to cover the inflation or deficit. If cannot afford just like cars so exp now, i spend abit to do up the car to drive longer, till I have saved up enough to change a new car lor. what to do, this is life. Most of the time, environment cannot be changed to suit us, we have to change to suit the environment.

Im not out to shoot anyone but rather, to put things into perspective. I am also feeling abit stifled and sometimes unhappy about certain rules and regulations put in place but other than complaining, I can't really do much also. Instead of being unhappy and fustrated, I try to think more positive and put my focus into my work, to focus on making more money. End of the day, I am considering when I am old and if I have a significant sum of money, I might consider to retire in another country where living expenses are significantly lower, if not, I just go macdonald sell hamburgers when I am old.

End of the day I am happier and I love and happy with what I have now, a good wife, a nice flat and a nice car IMO.

Cheers and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may 2012 be a much better year for everyone.

postive thinking :thumbsup:
nonetheless, rules & regulations must maintain some "fairness". i know the world is never fair but at least "try" to be fair
if not just like hk drama story that the richs buy up the whole estate, buy up all commodities and then sell to you at exorbitant price
just like in beijing/shanghai/taipei, no matter how a graduate couples (husband+wife) work hard, 24 hours a day, save up also cannot afford to buy property

wt_know;719387 said:
postive thinking :thumbsup:
nonetheless, rules & regulations must maintain some "fairness". i know the world is never fair but at least "try" to be fair
if not just like hk drama story that the richs buy up the whole estate, buy up all commodities and then sell to you at exorbitant price
just like in beijing/shanghai/taipei, no matter how a graduate couples (husband+wife) work hard, 24 hours a day, save up also cannot afford to buy property

Thanks, I do agree with you on this. Subsidised housing should be made more affordable and only can be purchased by Citizens and for those converted Citizens, they should have been living here for the past 5 to 10 years and does NOT include PRs. Hopefully they make changes on this soon.

Ya man, I think similiar things are happening in SGP just like those HK Drama, hope curbs or prevention measures are implemented soon as well man.

:)

delrosa81;719389 said:
Thanks, I do agree with you on this. Subsidised housing should be made more affordable and only can be purchased by Citizens and for those converted Citizens, they should have been living here for the past 5 to 10 years and does NOT include PRs. Hopefully they make changes on this soon.

Ya man, I think similiar things are happening in SGP just like those HK Drama, hope curbs or prevention measures are implemented soon as well man.

:)

yup. just unpeg brand new HDB to resale prices.

I think certain elements of the new regime do address the issues. The focus is on speculative interests.

If you are a HAVE NOT category, it gives a breather to the rising prices. So some will say this is politically driven.

If you are the HAVE category, you will naturally complain. If you HAVE two or more, worse, since it is a direct hit on your interests.

If you belong to the VESTED category (developer, agents), then you will also complain, cause your P&L is at stake.

Mockngbrd;713303 said:
yup.. unpeg new flats to resale prices, or just stop PRs from buying HDBs... or impose levies on PRs buying HDB.... but as it is now, nothing for HDB.

Yes. Stamp duty tax for PRs buying HDBs / Cars pls :)

not sure when they are going to realise hdb prices has to be unpegged from general market and construction has to be the responsibility of hdb. COV is uncontrollable but market valuation of public housing and situations can be manipulated, why can't they see that...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb88london

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back