Nissan GT-R Officially Revealed

Re: Nissan GT-R Officially Revealed

nope, this car has its first shipments TODAY officially.

PIs get their cars from Japan. So they can get the cars sooner (ie reach S'pore late Dec or early Jan.. homologation? dunno)

2009 is the UK official debut, so the theory is that we would get the car officially after UK. That is if TC decide to get into this market.

YouTube - 日産GT-R、公道試乗インプレ編
[youtube]qRdROxbcuJk[/youtube]

YouTube - Exclusive: Nissan GT-R on Racetrack

[youtube]SPiXpfSPAQc[/youtube]

MINES was out on Tsukuba on their newly delivered GTR (on 1st Dec). No mods yet (just the MINES stickers) and apparently the traction control was left on by mistake. It did abt 1:03 on the track.

L1020943.jpg

L1020936.jpg

L1020927.jpg

L1020947.jpg

YouTube - Mine's R35 New GT-R goes out the pit lane!

[youtube]XDwe3ZygNn4[/youtube]

I give up.. why does the youtube feature not work properly??

And the MINES mod list for the R35 begins...

Mine's gave me an R&D part's list that they are working on now. Some of the below will be ready in time for the Tokyo Auto Salon.

-VX Rom ECU
- VX Air Filter
- Silence VX Pro Titan II
- Super Catalyzer II
- Turbine Outlet pipes
- Esta Full Spec Suspension I, II & III
- Mine's Eibach spring kit
- Brake rotors
- Brake pads
- Radiator shroud
- Air Scoop
- Front lip Spoiler
- Rear Wing
- Carbon Aero Mirror type II
- Stabilizers
- Link kit
- Big Capacity Air Flow meters
- Big Capacity fuel pump
- Big capacity injecotrs
- Engine cover
- Carbon canard
- Roof antenna
- Cam Shaft
- Carbon wheels cover

DoggieHowser;274774 said:

wan lang...

Sibe Shake Cork

DoggieHowser;274768 said:
PIs get their cars from Japan. So they can get the cars sooner (ie reach S'pore late Dec or early Jan.. homologation? dunno)

2009 is the UK official debut, so the theory is that we would get the car officially after UK. That is if TC decide to get into this market.
there are few but strong reasons why I love Singapore being a RHD country:

1) Because the UK is RHD has the most fun roads in a civilized english speaking county
2) Because Japan is RHD, and it got the most crazy cars ever which continue to work.
3) Because my left hand is weak, just good for gearstick not steering - I suspect the LHD people also know this, that's why they invented paddle shifter to save face.

sIFR_callback_0_DoFSCommand(info, args);Nissan's GT-R is a real stormer

SNF0901MC_400592a.jpg

Bravo ... 197mph GT-R beats my Evo

By EMMA PARKER BOWLES

Published: 06 Dec 2007

I’M just back from Japan, where I enjoyed an exclusive first drive of the Nissan GT-R.

Jealous? You should be.

The GT-R is the coolest, most exciting new car in the world. One awesome mean machine.

Which is why one royal family in the Middle East ordered 40.

Just one would do me - and if you drove the GT-R, I promise you’d sell your kidneys to own one. Just look at it. Have you ever seen anything so delicious? It looks so incredibly aggressive, hard and rude, like a Japanese Vinnie Jones. It’s so sexy it makes you want to rip your clothes off and scream: “Take me now, Big Boy.”

But you’ll have to wait. This Nissan doesn’t go on sale until late 2008, when it will cost an estimated £55,000 to £60,000.

It’s better than motors that cost twice that, though.

Let’s rewind to my first date with the Nissan GT-R.

SNA07M03C_400575a.jpg
Eat my dust ... this is the view most will see

“Excited” doesn’t cover it. I am a big fan of the old Skyline GT-Rs and ever since Nissan announced they were building a new GT-R I got a funny feeling in my pants.
But the new GT-R loses the Skyline name because it’s all new. The GT-R’s designer told me he was inspired by the B2 stealth jet - and this 15ft two-door coupé, on 20in alloy wheels with run-flat tyres, is aero-dynamictastic and has big, brawny shotputter’s shoulders.

I love the fact the design isn’t a rip-off of European cars - the GT-R is pure Japanese. You see bits of the Skyline but it looks like it has travelled back from the future. It’s like a Playstation road-racing game come to life. I didn't expect I would be breaking any records on the Sendai race circuit but finally, it was showtime, and I was dressed up in my race-suit looking like a little Nismo driver - NISMO-BITCH.

The interior is a sensation - it feels top quality and is beautifully put together with gorgeous hand-stitched leather.

And the multi-function display designed by Kazunori Yamuachi is a digital gamer’s dream.

It has 11 screens, four of which you set yourself, and you can choose to see everything from engine oil temperature and turbo-boost through to brake and steering inputs.

But I have saved the best until last. Driving this beast.

SNF07M04SG_400585a.jpg
Flat out ... Emma gives it large

When I first fired it up, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a sound so loud and rude it would knock God out of heaven and make the angels cry. Don’t get me wrong, it sounded good, grumbly and growly but it could do with being way louder. Just wait until those naughty tuners get their hands on it.

But the let-down was fleeting as I engaged first gear.

Unfortunately, instead of dainty racing booties I was wearing biker boots. Consequently, I stomped on the accelerator and, with a squeal of tyres, the GT-R lunged forward, pinning me back in my seat.

Luckily, thanks to its four- wheel drive, it just grips and goes, and it wasn’t long before I was in fourth gear and so blinded by its savage acceleration that I didn’t register I was approaching the first corner until almost too late.

Sweet baby Jesus, this car is fast - 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds, and 473 galloping horses.

SNA04M01DD__400573a.jpg
Awesome ... new GT-R styling is seriously cool

I had planned to take it easy for a few laps but the GT-R is just impossible to drive slowly.

The gearbox is so smooth and quick, you can barely feel it changing gear and it instantly inspires confidence.

Too much, in fact, and I had a few “Oh s**t, I’m going to die!” moments taking corners too fast. But the clever electronic systems saved my bacon and the car just righted itself. Amazing. It’s a big, heavy car at 1740kg, but feels so light and nimble. The steering feels lovely and meaty and the car turns with the precision of a ninja.

Even at 160mph it feels stable and planted to the road. It will do 197mph but I ran out of track and skill.
var RStag = "";try{RStag = segQS;}catch(e){RStag = "";}document.write('');

It was then time to hit the open road. The ride is on the hard side, even with the adjustable Bilstein dampers in their comfort setting. Which is fine by me because that’s the way I like it. But when I jumped into the back to see what it was like for a passenger, my head kept hitting the roof.

That, coupled with DVT-inducing legroom and a massive BOSE speaker in the middle of the seats, could make life in the back seat rather intense.

I could bang on for hours about the Nissan GT-R.

But I can honestly say that I have not found a car that would tempt me out of my Mitsubishi Evo. Until now.

looks like when the Stig gets his hands in this car top gear will have an unshatterable record for at least 3 years or so ...

Latest Evo mag says 997 Turbo has higher cruising speed and is more comfortable. I think the GTR is not going to be as fast an autobahn cruiser as the Turbo.

But then I can't afford a 997 Turbo ;)

Damn, I need to stop visiting this thread... Can someone please write something negative about the GT-R?!

Lionel,
Pls buy one and give us your honest feedback after u have owned and driven it! ;)

It's ugly. And you wanna upgrade the bodykit you screw the aero. So you're left with an ugly car you daren't touch the aero unless guys get a wind tunnel.

Dear Welson bro... bo lui leh... why not you go buy one and let me test drive first?

Btw, how's the new ride?

Centurion, it's not ugly... try harder... ;)

PistonHeads Headlines

Summary of all the reviews :)

MAG TALK: NISSAN GT-R

PistonHeads reads the motoring magazines for you...
Each month PistonHeads has a look through the motoring mags in search of the big stories of the last four weeks. This month it is all about the Nissan GT-R. This is a selection of views on the performance of the big Nissan...
AUTOCAR

Steve Sutcliffe said: 'To begin with it's the pure, rabid performance of this car that leaves the most obvious impression. It's that fast, that all-enveloping from the moment you put your foot down, that you can't help but focus on the acceleration.'
Verdict: 'Nissan says it can build 12,000 GT-Rs a year if the market demands it. Something tells me that, despite the world's economic and ecological woes, it might need to make a few more than that. The GT-R is just that kind of car.'

EVO

Henry Catchpole: 'I simply pin the throttle wide open in second gear. At which point I am in no doubt that the GT-R has supercar pace. The last time I was this wide-eyed with shock was two days earlier when I sat on a Japanese lavatory for the first time and it squirted a startlingly high-pressure jet of water at me.'
Verdict: 'It comes to the UK in March 2009. Which at least gives us at evo plenty of time to scratch our heads over a potential group test, because at the moment I can’t think of any direct rivals.'
CAR

Gavin Green: 'It's an amazingly tractable engine pulling from way down low in the rev band, then energised by the twin IHI turbochargers all the way, uninterrupted, to the 7,500rpm red line. From launch to 62mph takes 3.6 seconds. On-boost the GT-R surges like a wild thing and it's a seamless surge too.'
Verdict: 'For [£60,000 - £65,000] you’ll get one of the world’s great fast cars, a techno tour de force, one of the best cars I’ve ever driven.'

TOP GEAR

Bill Thomas: 'A bellow from the engine, a rush of revs, a gigantic accelerative force on my neck, second is gone, a flick of the right-hand, leather-trimmed shift paddle, bang, third gear slammed home and the mighty rush intensified still. My god, this car is fast, one of the fastest production cars ever made.'
Verdict: 'With an even more powerful and lighter V Spec GT-R on the way, Porsche can't afford to lag behind for long.'
PISTONHEADS

Steve Sutcliffe: 'Partly it’s the traction but mostly it’s the pure and efficient flow of power to the road that makes the GTR feel so rapid. And that’s before you so much as mention what it can do through corners, which is when the gap between it and the 911 Turbo really opens up.'
Verdict: 'M3 style sideways amusement but with monster traction (read huge ground speed) thrown in as a bonus. And then there’s the interior, which is a surprisingly decent place in which to spend time, the proper sized boot, the never-ending standard equipment list, the looks. And the image.'

hackzi, I cannot think of anything bad to say about the GTR leh.

In fact I myself got poisoned, but I got super antidote - I shall not buy a 4 seater car if I can help it.

And best of all I just got my car a couple months back...

But you, I think, mai tu liao... (welbo kept on saying this to me ...)

I also got my car a few months back and I'm thinking mai tu liao as well! Group buy anyone? LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back