No Official BMW Club?

SFG267

Just became e new beemer owner recently.

Having been a Lexus owner previously, I realised that PML does not have an official BMW Club akin to the Lexus Club.

Having a distributor Club does have its advantageous.

Every now and then, as a Lexus owner, I do get free movie gala tickets, the last one being Cinderella Man and every Xmas, I would get Lexus Club gifts sent to my house via courier coutesy of the Lexus Owners' Club.

This leaves me wondering. PML charges so much higher for their BMWs when you compare them with Borneo Motors and their Lexus. Why is it that they do not have an Official BMW Club?

Could it be that the cost of movie gala events, corporate gifts are too much for PML to bear? Or could it be that they spent all their mooolah on the new PML Center to have any more spare to make owners feel special, especially after they become owners? think about it? before you become an owner, you are made to feel like a king. but after the cheque is signed and the signature is on the dotted line......

Oh well, jus my humble opinion in my maiden post. Not meant to offend anyone. Any offence caused is regretted.

Cheers!

Re: No Official BMW Club?

hello..welcome to this forum...well abt wat u say...i dunno much abt BMW club also..this question must ask other senior in this forum..anyway..WELCOME..btw wats ur car?BMW..but wat model?

well they dun value us as much...but i think its bcos they dun hv to promote rheir marques as hard now that the cars sell themselves. on another note...who needs an official club..when u can get more info, more fun wif the guys here?

^^^^ Great words spoken by a great man (with a not so great avatar)

We're the offical unofficial BMW club and we welcome you. Forget about PML. Who needs them!

i just realised so many ppl who left lexus to beemer and they find out abt BMW.sg so quick. wish it wont be another saga of the untasteful.

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find it to be as interesting here than having a BMW Club thingy..less restrictions!

Congratulations to you for making the smart choice of buying a BMW!

What series are you driving currently? Care to share?

Anyway, why would you need to get cheap gifts like movie tickets when you get to drive one of the most shiok car everyday? Drive your BMW better than watching movie lah....

Anyway, do read more solid info about our BMW in this great forum. Real experience sharing, great suggestions on car mods...... not too sure if you can get these info in Lexus Official Club.

By the way, I am wondering why there ain't any Lexus Unofficial Club or Forum though..... isn't it better to have real owners sharing info than just Lexus salesmen selling in the official club?

And if you have bought directly from PML, then expect some freebies as well. You get nice BMW magazine free of charge and some promotion newsletter to buy more BMWs!

And more importantly, you will feel like a king after you buy a BMW. Not because little corporate gift to make you feel like one. But driving this great car makes you feel like one straight away .....

Enjoy your ride and hope you are not another MT......:yummie:

SFG267 said:
Just became e new beemer owner recently.

Having been a Lexus owner previously, I realised that PML does not have an official BMW Club akin to the Lexus Club.

Having a distributor Club does have its advantageous.

Every now and then, as a Lexus owner, I do get free movie gala tickets, the last one being Cinderella Man and every Xmas, I would get Lexus Club gifts sent to my house via courier coutesy of the Lexus Owners' Club.

This leaves me wondering. PML charges so much higher for their BMWs when you compare them with Borneo Motors and their Lexus. Why is it that they do not have an Official BMW Club?

Could it be that the cost of movie gala events, corporate gifts are too much for PML to bear? Or could it be that they spent all their mooolah on the new PML Center to have any more spare to make owners feel special, especially after they become owners? think about it? before you become an owner, you are made to feel like a king. but after the cheque is signed and the signature is on the dotted line......

Oh well, jus my humble opinion in my maiden post. Not meant to offend anyone. Any offence caused is regretted.

Cheers!

hahahaha, true man... y need an official club?? welcome to the forum, enjoy ur stay here..
cheers!!

This unofficial club is more engaging.. like you mentioned, official gives you punky gifts and cinema tickets...here you get injected with mod virus... nothing beats that I supposed.

official will also tell u their car is the best...dun buy anything else...here we tell u..throw away bmw if u can afford a porky....and an evo will always beat u...

Official = Politics + Hyprocrisy

Whoa... my maiden post and everyone here has been so supportive. Thanks!

Jus tot I would start my first post with a bit of controversy rather than the usual "Hi guys! I am jus testing out the forum and trying to get the irritating reminder that says I have not posted anything yet out of the way! Enjoy!" But no offence to those guys who do...:)

Anyways, for those frens who asked wat model I am driving, its a humble 320i, the 2.2 S6 double vanos model.

And yes, I do agree that having the unofficial BMW.sg forum rocks. Was jus trying to look at the other side of the coin, as to why PML never quite bothered with its owners, except for the occasional magazines, brochures and spend more money events. I mean, if we can have the shiok feeling of driving a Beemer, the bond of an unofficial BMW club and the pampering of a PML sponsored owners club.... the possibility is endless....

Oh, btw, I jus went down to BMWorkshop at Alexandra and fixed some sort of "booster" at the accelerator pedal. It makes the drive so much more shiok and suddenly, a 320 feels like a 325.
those who have not tried it should give it a try... cheap and good!

^^^... huh??... u not talking bout PML at alexandra rite?...

no no no the place is called BM Workshop, and when u stick them together, its called BMWorkshop. Its located in the Alexandra market area where all the car workshops are. Look for the owner Michael. He used to be from PML and he still supplies mechanics to PML. Basically, you get PML-like quality of work for a fraction of the price and no sky high "labour".

By the way, I am also a paying customer of the shop and am in no way related or paid by the shop. hahah.

SFG267 said:
Whoa... my maiden post and everyone here has been so supportive. Thanks!

Jus tot I would start my first post with a bit of controversy rather than the usual "Hi guys! I am jus testing out the forum and trying to get the irritating reminder that says I have not posted anything yet out of the way! Enjoy!" But no offence to those guys who do...:)

Anyways, for those frens who asked wat model I am driving, its a humble 320i, the 2.2 S6 double vanos model.

And yes, I do agree that having the unofficial BMW.sg forum rocks. Was jus trying to look at the other side of the coin, as to why PML never quite bothered with its owners, except for the occasional magazines, brochures and spend more money events. I mean, if we can have the shiok feeling of driving a Beemer, the bond of an unofficial BMW club and the pampering of a PML sponsored owners club.... the possibility is endless....

Oh, btw, I jus went down to BMWorkshop at Alexandra and fixed some sort of "booster" at the accelerator pedal. It makes the drive so much more shiok and suddenly, a 320 feels like a 325.
those who have not tried it should give it a try... cheap and good!

Whoops.... made my first newbie mistake.... due to my own "jus got out of the well" enthusiasm... what i have said is actually about the "Sprintbooster" that everyone in the forum is already talking about ages ago.... hahahahaha.....
Oh well, I dint get mine at BVO.... dats e only diff i guess..... sorry! jus saw e large amount of posts in the mod section of the forum... cheer!

SFG267 said:
... .. as to why PML never quite bothered with its owners.....

Err.. perhaps in this department PML simply stands for "People Mainly Lazy".....:yummie:

seems like everyone is getting the throttle device lately (spring booster)...

maybe i shld really drop down bvo for a weekend trial...
hahhahaa

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78winesq

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back