Re: No signal on iDrive

kelnalevin;846687 said:
I like the low seating
But just dunno why
Not comfortable enough

I agreed. Constantly changing my position, somehow it's just not comfortable

Forrestgum;845878 said:
Sounds very familiar but this one not VW... Bro Hitman is right! You must have a good SA or SE to pre-arrange for you or you must process killer palm.

First 3 months of ownership, you normally have the "priority service" if you know what I mean.:whipper:

Haha... Did I say dat? Lucky I got both good SE and SA... Plus of coz so many bro here willing to share n help each other.

Forrestgum;846932 said:
I agreed. Constantly changing my position, somehow it's just not comfortable
Then shld change car Liao... Haha.

Ivan Chan;846693 said:
Is the rattling from the door a common issue in BMW? My have some when turn off radio but my sis 520 do not have this issue.

Had checked with my wife n iDrive blackout has not appear again. Dunno whether or not to send for PML check? Worry tat more problem will appear after checking by the tech.

Maybe wait for 1st servicing then go if it is not bothering you too much?

Ivan Chan;845918 said:
....I find tat 1er is not easy to drive compare to Camry maybe is due to the seating position of BMW is lower? Dunno is there any bro feel the same as me?

I just feel that in order to see the passenger side mirror, i have to turn my head a bit more comparing to just a glance in Honda City I drove last time. Any one has the same feel???

To me, my only problem is that the seat is not centralized with reference to the steering wheel... it is slightly tilted to the left... so still finding the perfect driving position still too...

The fabric on F20 make the sitting posi wierd.. It hold on and grip well and therefore we find it hard to adjust

YES!!!
I cant find the good sitting position too!! :errmm:

SE advise to have the iDrive check to play. Finally decided to send the car to PML on Tue n it take at least 2 days for them to run through the software check + solve the door rattling problem. SE had arranged a loan car while my car at PML.

Will update all bros what happen to the iDrive blackout after check by PML.

Ivan Chan;848598 said:
SE advise to have the iDrive check to play. Finally decided to send the car to PML on Tue n it take at least 2 days for them to run through the software check + solve the door rattling problem. SE had arranged a loan car while my car at PML.

hope they solve your problem bro..
:cool:

Derrrick Yap;847929 said:
The fabric on F20 make the sitting posi wierd.. It hold on and grip well and therefore we find it hard to adjust

Same here, the fabric somehow makes it hard to sit tight when you get into corners ...I think changing to Leather Seat plus adding more cusion at the sides to give a firmer grip on the butt would solve this..:juggle:

Ivan Chan;848598 said:

Hi Ivan,

Any news from PML regarding Idrive no signal?

unknown;852834 said:
Hi Ivan,

Any news from PML regarding Idrive no signal?

PML had pushed back the appoint until next week due to loan car not ready. I think I will not want to do anything to iDrive since after that incident the iDrive work normal until today. But will talk to SA next week to seek his advice. Solving the door rattling will be my priority.

1 of the bro here also have the similar problem (iDrive no signal) on the first day of collection. Do not know how is his ride now?

After reading bro Travis thread I started to worry the quality on our 1er.

Anyone tried leaving his hp in the car then park aside. When return to car, idrive shows no signal?

unknown;854339 said:
Anyone tried leaving his hp in the car then park aside. When return to car, idrive shows no signal?

Did u trun off your engine? My iDrive show no signal after I return to car n strt the engine. I have to get out of the car lock n unlock the door than iDrive back to normal after restart engine.

How often does this happen to you?

Ivan Chan;854401 said:
Did u trun off your engine? My iDrive show no signal after I return to car n strt the engine. I have to get out of the car lock n unlock the door than iDrive back to normal after restart engine.

How often does this happen to you?

Occurred a few times already. But cant remember what exactly is the caused. But recent scenario is that i left my hp in car. Park and off engine at roadside with hazard light on. Then went down pick my kid. After return to car, start engine and saw no signal again. Only think i can suspect is my
Wife whatsapp me. Not sure if that triggers this alarm

unknown;854405 said:
Occurred a few times already. But cant remember what exactly is the caused. But recent scenario is that i left my hp in car. Park and off engine at roadside with hazard light on. Then went down pick my kid. After return to car, start engine and saw no signal again. Only think i can suspect is my
Wife whatsapp me. Not sure if that triggers this alarm

I think u better go back PML to have a check. Mine only happen once n everything is normal till now except for the door rattling problem which can be solved easily. It take more than 2 days for them to check out the problem. What I wry is more problem may happen after checking so I prefer do nothing since no reoccurrence.

Rattling sound on the doors had been solved by PML today. They had installed a friction tape alongside of the 2 doors frame n problem solved. The job had been properly done n u hardly can notice the friction tape at the door frame.

SA told me tat PML can reset the start stop to default off when u start the car n on it when necessary. It take about 1 hr to reprogram it. I will do it on my 1st servicing.

iDrive no signal never appeared again so SA recommend to cont monitor n they will reboot system if tat happen again.

I had purchased black grille from PML part n any bro can recommend a good workshop to fix the grille?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back