Noise from left side of the front wheel

atason

Hi all,
My ride E90 320iXL 2yrs old car encounter "ziang..ziang.." sound from left side of the wheel when it was below 20km/h slow movement. It's very obvious when rolling in multistory car park.
PML took 2 days still unable to isolate the sound:( . They need few days to rectify this. What should i do and any one here encounter same problem.

Thanks.

Re: Noise from left side of the front wheel

Today i noticed the sound getting clearer and it's seem like coming from left side of the rear wheel. Last friday PML removed left side front brake pad, can't find any problem. :errr: ?????

huh?! if the sound is coming from the left rear wheel, why did PML check the left front brake pad?

try looking at the deflector / shield. this is the thin flat piece of metal that is located behind the rotors.

sometimes it gets slightly bent and makes contact with the rotors. hence the sound.

atason;466893 said:
Today i noticed the sound getting clearer and it's seem like coming from left side of the rear wheel. Last friday PML removed left side front brake pad, can't find any problem. :errr: ?????

I had queaky noises too, which went away after I changed by brake rotors.

sounds like a pebble stuck between rotors and caliper, but then PML did full check ... so ... dunno.

jinooi;466907 said:
huh?! if the sound is coming from the left rear wheel, why did PML check the left front brake pad?

try looking at the deflector / shield. this is the thin flat piece of metal that is located behind the rotors.

sometimes it gets slightly bent and makes contact with the rotors. hence the sound.

My thinking same as you. Thanks for your adviced.
PML claim that they need more time to rectify this issue and book me another day to visit them again. :verysad:

Ahbengdriver;467115 said:
I had queaky noises too, which went away after I changed by brake rotors.

Hi Ahbengdriver,
You changed your brake rotors at PML under warranty? My car coming to 2 yrs end of this mth.

centurion;467125 said:
sounds like a pebble stuck between rotors and caliper, but then PML did full check ... so ... dunno.

Thanks for your info. I'm doubt they do a full check :shakehea: .
Think to send my car for outside workshop like BVO to check. Any advice?

atason;467167 said:
Thanks for your info. I'm doubt they do a full check :shakehea: .
Think to send my car for outside workshop like BVO to check. Any advice?

BVO is good,if u stay or work neer that place! which area u r? i have other workshop can recon like at redhill or ubi side!

kelvin_0129;467176 said:
BVO is good,if u stay or work neer that place! which area u r? i have other workshop can recon like at redhill or ubi side!

Hi Kelvin, i'm staying west part. Pls give me the near by workshop. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back