Noise on suspension

rt333

Hi guys

Does anyone experience noise from their f10 520 suspension when going over hump or car entering down slope especially in the morning when the car still haven't wam up?

Re: Noise on suspension

Two of my Friends experience this on their Ride 520i and 520d and the dealer in Malaysia stated to them that nothing can be done about it :uhhh:

Val101;1011009 said:
Two of my Friends experience this on their Ride 520i and 520d and the dealer in Malaysia stated to them that nothing can be done about it :uhhh:
The Malaysia problem has been there since F10 was launched there.

I am driving a F10 535i. My suspension also have the cracky sound in the morning when i go over speed humps. I raise this issue to PML before. Apparently the QC guy (not SA) told me that the suspension will produce this kind of sound as the car age.

In my opinion, i suppose it is due to wear and tear issue / suspension starts to stiffen up over time.

Perhaps you can go to service centre and ask them and see if they say the same thing? Do update us if you do go to service centre.

Thanks!

Does it sound like its from the springs ?

Alex Lee;1011598 said:
I am driving a F10 535i. My suspension also have the cracky sound in the morning when i go over speed humps. I raise this issue to PML before. Apparently the QC guy (not SA) told me that the suspension will produce this kind of sound as the car age.

In my opinion, i suppose it is due to wear and tear issue / suspension starts to stiffen up over time.

Perhaps you can go to service centre and ask them and see if they say the same thing? Do update us if you do go to service centre.

Thanks!

Sure. I will get them to check went I go in for servicing. Another 5k to go. My car only 1yr 4 mths, travelled 35k km only. Slow speed when driving over humps. dun think its old. Sian got a problematic car. Mechantronic spoilt, fuel pipe sensor faulty, boot collapse button faulty, now suspension faulty.

The sound I suppose it wat Alex mention.

Hi,
Any updates from PML on the rear suspension squeezing noise? I do noticed this issues especially in the morning and driving over humps and slopes areas. After some drive of > 30 mins when the engine warm up, no such noise already.
My car was F10 year 2011 and any gurus out there?
Many tks in advance!

Not yet due for servicing. Will get them to check but I suppose they will say no issue. Even my previous jap car no such issue.

normally PML will apply some rubber grease spray (FOC) to suspensions, mine was done many years ago...but as mentioned by SA, the sound will come back after a while.

Hear say from this forum that its normal to have noise here and there if you want a BMW.
Otherwise, buy a lexus. I have been ignoring them so far till PML tells me that I need to change this and that.
Good advice.

Just wondering, does the sound affect suspension's performance in anyway? anyone knows?

I'm driving a F11 and the front suspension makes a "tunk" sound after going over a hump. It is more obvious when going over metallic speed humps like those in building carparks. First visit to PML, they said cannot hear the sound. Second visit went for a drive with the service tech and he heard it. So left the car there for 3 days for them to troubleshoot while I go overseas. After I come back and collected car, they said they lub all the joints and bushings but the sound still there. So service tech said he will order front left & right suspension from Germany. That was mid July. Left side suspension has arrived, now still waiting for right side. I am getting a little frustrated with the long wait...

chiasl;1031401 said:
I'm driving a F11 and the front suspension makes a "tunk" sound after going over a hump. It is more obvious when going over metallic speed humps like those in building carparks. First visit to PML, they said cannot hear the sound. Second visit went for a drive with the service tech and he heard it. So left the car there for 3 days for them to troubleshoot while I go overseas. After I come back and collected car, they said they lub all the joints and bushings but the sound still there. So service tech said he will order front left & right suspension from Germany. That was mid July. Left side suspension has arrived, now still waiting for right side. I am getting a little frustrated with the long wait...
This problem is quite common in MY since it was launched there. Takes some owners months to sort it out. Well, at least u got replacement parts or incoming replacement parts.

davidtch;1031403 said:
This problem is quite common in MY since it was launched there. Takes some owners months to sort it out. Well, at least u got replacement parts or incoming replacement parts.

Yes... keeping my fingers crossed that the replacement will solve the problem.

eric7107;1029628 said:
Hi,
Any updates from PML on the rear suspension squeezing noise? I do noticed this issues especially in the morning and driving over humps and slopes areas. After some drive of > 30 mins when the engine warm up, no such noise already.
My car was F10 year 2011 and any gurus out there?
Many tks in advance!

5 Sept 2013 - Left car overnight at PML
6 Sept 2013 - Test car together with SA. Why i left it overnight? Cause the noise is the most audible in the morning especially after humps.

Findings:
PML says that the noise was coming from front right (driver side). They will replace with a new spring strut. However, I still find that the sound was emitting from rear sector. Their reason was that sound travels. Anyway, appt fixed next week. Will see how it goes after the replacement parts. I accept zero tolerance for lubrication proposal as that has been done before. Only last 1 mth.
Will keep you guys update :)

cheers!

Hi eric

I am facing the same problem as u. Agree that the noise are likely heard in the morning only esp after car just started. I am goin in to pml for servicing next wk and will feedback to the sa. Btw which sa handle ur case? Mine is steven from alexandra. Seriously worst than my previous jap car. Travel 120k km still no sound from suspension at all. This bm only 30k km already got sound. Btw I change my mechatronic and boot switch after collect my new car from pml. Suay till max...

rt333;1031631 said:
Hi eric

I am facing the same problem as u. Agree that the noise are likely heard in the morning only esp after car just started. I am goin in to pml for servicing next wk and will feedback to the sa. Btw which sa handle ur case? Mine is steven from alexandra. Seriously worst than my previous jap car. Travel 120k km still no sound from suspension at all. This bm only 30k km already got sound. Btw I change my mechatronic and boot switch after collect my new car from pml. Suay till max...

Mine at kampong arang. SA KIM. My mileage also 35+k.
Your mechatronic and boot switch why change? Problematic ...?

Car did not respond for abt 1-2 secs when I step on accelerator. In the end after a few tim of diagnose and help from 1 of the bro here I told them its the mechatronic damage. Boot switch that lock boot and door after press did nt collapse and lock all the doors. After diagonse also damage.

chiasl;1031401 said:

Hi All, my car is 2.5 years n is a F10, 32km mileage.

When I leave the car idle for sometime, (example waiting for someone), n then start to move the car.. I hear a few clocking sound when I turn. I can even feel it with my steering wheel. It seems like the road is uneven.. But after a while, no more sound.

So I wonder what is wrong. Could it be ball joint?
It happens intermittent, so I also don't know how to show PML.

Anyone has similar Encounter?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back