Noise on suspension

Re: Noise on suspension

They should be changing the rear absorbers instead of the front.
Since they have already greased it, nxt time u send in insist on replacing the rears.

From the seesaw sound u describe, I don't think it's the absorbers.
You checked your interior? Seats secured?
Flatten your rear seats. Does it get louder?

FINALLY....the noise was eliminated!!!
I was actually near immune to the morning sound (and when engine cools down). The culprit was coming front front left absorbers and spring where PML has replaced it yesterday!!
To recap (from Mth April to Sept), they replace with RIGHT new absorbers and whole rear absorbers and stabilizers. All were futile. Last resort was to replace with the front left absorbers and spring on 23 Oct 2013 since they replaced all other parts. And it works! Frankly speaking, we are still puzzled why the culprit was the front LEFT suspension and absorber and the car was less than 2 years old and 99.99% sure the sound was from the rear sector.
I'm glad i changed a new SA (not purposely but my old timer SA was on European trip) and the "new" SA gave me very logically explanation. However, each SA has diff experience. Anyway, i feel like driving a BMW now...all sorted and moral of the story:
1. Buy a BMW with warranty**
2. If problem cannot be resolved with more than 3 trips with same SA, change a SA. Least a diff opinion and proposal. (Hahaha)

** PML replaced all my cracked air con plastic at the side of the air con grille FOC. Earlier statement was not fall under warranty but guess they gave in to replace it as they could not address my suspension issue after 5 months where i highlighted to the new SA. Actually it was quite taxing for me to drive n leave the car there at PML for least 7 times, and taking taxi here n there. But i gave my fullest co-operation. They should be glad to have a customer like me as well! Takes 2 hands to clap :)

Gd..problem solve.

me too having the sound esp in the morning and driving down MSCP. I brought my car in during my last servicing and told the SA at PML Alexandra abt tis sound, He tell me in the morning got mist inside the absorber that's y. So now ur problem solve I can get them to resolve it. If nt PML always come up with stupid excuse just wan to put customer away.

Today just realize another problem. My car is producing a screeching sound when cruising. When I went in for my 40k servicing I change my rear brake pad just wonder if its due to that? But I already travel for abt 4k km than now the sound came. Very frustrating. Damn suay!!!

Bro eric, can share or pm me ur SA, so I can look for him to highlight my problem.

I was told that my front left suspension has some sound when I went to workshop to fix the camera and was asked to better faster bring to PML to check.

Bro Eric, can also share or pm me your SA too?

eric7107;1044318 said:
FINALLY....the noise was eliminated!!!
I was actually near immune to the morning sound (and when engine cools down). The culprit was coming front front left absorbers and spring where PML has replaced it yesterday!!
To recap (from Mth April to Sept), they replace with RIGHT new absorbers and whole rear absorbers and stabilizers. All were futile. Last resort was to replace with the front left absorbers and spring on 23 Oct 2013 since they replaced all other parts. And it works! Frankly speaking, we are still puzzled why the culprit was the front LEFT suspension and absorber and the car was less than 2 years old and 99.99% sure the sound was from the rear sector.
I'm glad i changed a new SA (not purposely but my old timer SA was on European trip) and the "new" SA gave me very logically explanation. However, each SA has diff experience. Anyway, i feel like driving a BMW now...all sorted and moral of the story:
1. Buy a BMW with warranty**
2. If problem cannot be resolved with more than 3 trips with same SA, change a SA. Least a diff opinion and proposal. (Hahaha)

** PML replaced all my cracked air con plastic at the side of the air con grille FOC. Earlier statement was not fall under warranty but guess they gave in to replace it as they could not address my suspension issue after 5 months where i highlighted to the new SA. Actually it was quite taxing for me to drive n leave the car there at PML for least 7 times, and taking taxi here n there. But i gave my fullest co-operation. They should be glad to have a customer like me as well! Takes 2 hands to clap :)

congrats, at least your problem solved. but every car can have sound coming from different side of absorber so its really hard to pin point unless everyone is as cooperative as you.
pls update us "touchwood" if the sound ever comes back ok. or maybe its not the absorber but in the course of changing that, they tighten something or change some else that is smaller part? could there be this possibility?

rt333;1045037 said:
Gd..problem solve.

me too having the sound esp in the morning and driving down MSCP. I brought my car in during my last servicing and told the SA at PML Alexandra abt tis sound, He tell me in the morning got mist inside the absorber that's y. So now ur problem solve I can get them to resolve it. If nt PML always come up with stupid excuse just wan to put customer away.

Today just realize another problem. My car is producing a screeching sound when cruising. When I went in for my 40k servicing I change my rear brake pad just wonder if its due to that? But I already travel for abt 4k km than now the sound came. Very frustrating. Damn suay!!!

Bro eric, can share or pm me ur SA, so I can look for him to highlight my problem.

SA Mohomod from kampng arang

rayoh272;1045065 said:
I was told that my front left suspension has some sound when I went to workshop to fix the camera and was asked to better faster bring to PML to check.

Bro Eric, can also share or pm me your SA too?

SA Mohomod from kampng arang

I just brought my car in last Monday to solve the suspension sound issue And also for another 1 new issue of screeching sound from my wheel area (suspect its from brake pad area as after I change my rear brake pad last service at 40k servicing) and previous unsolved boot lid switch. After leaving there for 1 night, they just grease the dunno wat part for the suspension and let me try again (seems like standard sop, must lubricant then see how 1st) and clear brake dust from brake pad area (due to screeching sound) and change another new boot lid switch.

After collect car next day, 1st 30min was gd, but once reach mscp the suspension came out again and later in the night the brake screeching sound also can be heard loudly. Recorded both sound in case go in PML they test drive they can't hear. Anyway I let both SA and test drive engineer hear the brake screeching sound, I can see from their face tat they are like shit wats tis sound never hear before. Now got another new sound. Woo-ing sound from my car back sector I think. Use voice recorder and can be heard clearly.

Text my SA and he told me they discussing with workshop engineers and get back to me. Sibei sian. So many problems on my f10. Get car already change mechatronic after just 2 mth. Change boot lid switch after 9 mths of collecting my car and Change fuel tank pipe after 1yr collecting my car. Told them suspension got sound after 9 mth of driving...

rt333;1051915 said:
I just brought my car in last Monday to solve the suspension sound issue And also for another 1 new issue of screeching sound from my wheel area (suspect its from brake pad area as after I change my rear brake pad last service at 40k servicing) and previous unsolved boot lid switch. After leaving there for 1 night, they just grease the dunno wat part for the suspension and let me try again (seems like standard sop, must lubricant then see how 1st) and clear brake dust from brake pad area (due to screeching sound) and change another new boot lid switch.

After collect car next day, 1st 30min was gd, but once reach mscp the suspension came out again and later in the night the brake screeching sound also can be heard loudly. Recorded both sound in case go in PML they test drive they can't hear. Anyway I let both SA and test drive engineer hear the brake screeching sound, I can see from their face tat they are like shit wats tis sound never hear before. Now got another new sound. Woo-ing sound from my car back sector I think. Use voice recorder and can be heard clearly.

Text my SA and he told me they discussing with workshop engineers and get back to me. Sibei sian. So many problems on my f10. Get car already change mechatronic after just 2 mth. Change boot lid switch after 9 mths of collecting my car and Change fuel tank pipe after 1yr collecting my car. Told them suspension got sound after 9 mth of driving...

BMW = Bring More Worries :dance:

Hi TS , so your suspension sound comes back?
Sorry to hear about so many issue but i think the screcchjng sound should be able to solve.

Hi All, would like to share with you that my 535i has the same problem for the last 1 year, i.e. rubbing noise from the right front side first thing in the morning when the car is cold driving out from the parking lot. The noise continued for the first 100 -200m and dissappeared but also can be heard at time when driving over uneven road. The strange thing was that when the car was driving over humps no noise was heard.

However after sending in the car to PML Alexandra for 3 times last month the problem was eventually solved by replacing the right shock absorber (which I told them to in the first place). They came to that solution after checking/greasing the joints, the control arms, stabilizing bars and replacing the top mount etc. but the noise persisted. You need to leave the car with them a few days for them to troubleshoot. One thing to note is PML gave me a lot of attention after I wrote a nasty email to BMW Asia!!.:whipper: I am monitoring and will report if the noise caome back.

PML services sucks. They just go through routine...

Which SA serve u? I bring my car to Alexandra but till now still no solution. I think mine is similar to urs. Always moving off in the morning...and when goin down my multi story cp. u can hear the sound. After driving for awhile u cannot hear that sound. the bmw SA tell me its normal coz the joints all cold. but i tell them all my previous japanese car do not have any of that sounds even its in cold start. I tried to record the sound but my phone recorder could not detect the sound after recording...my warranty expires in another year...I better expedite...

The SA is Rayan, he is relatively new and inexperineced but a nice person. When BMW Asia passed them my compliant PML got their Workshop Manager Rizal to call me and he took over the case (with the help of the SA). I left the car overnight for them to test drive first thing in the morning so that they can hear the noise. They test driven my car thrice in the past when it was warm but could not hear the noise and therefore would not do anything about it. Rayan will remember if you mentioned my case as the shock was replaced just last week.

To be fair it is not easy to troubleshoot noise. They have to perform the elimination process by staring with the simplest things first, like check and greasing the joint, the control arms and changing top mounts etc. to eliminate these as the primary cause of the noise before commiting themselves to replace big ticket item like the shocks. The thing which I did not like was PML did not take our words seriously in the first place as if we have nothing to do but like to leave our car with them for a few days and drink their coffee.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back