Official 2011 BMWSG Sepang Track Day thread

Re: Official 2011 BMWSG Sepang Track Day thread

i think 2 month intervals is fine.

3 months is too long

1 month is probably to short especially if you work mon-fri and only have weekends to do repairs or tweaks to the car.

Accounting for Sep3 TD
Brought forward: S$4887 + RM3664
Sep 3: (S$195 x 38 ) + (RM450 x 2) + (S$45 x 2)
Paid: RM18000 = S$7604.37 (forex was 2.367)
Current balance: S$4783 + RM4564.

Racebred;679965 said:
Accounting for Sep3 TD
Brought forward: S$4887 + RM3664
Sep 3: (S$195 x 38 ) + (RM450 x 2) + (S$45 x 2)
Paid: RM18000 = S$7604.37 (forex was 2.367)
Current balance: S$4783 + RM4564.

Thanks RB for the transparency :)

Appreciate the transparency Shawn! Good man! Sep 3rd was a very good track day for me! Totally enjoyed it!!

Yah thanks for the transparency Shawn.

===

Separately..iIs it just me, or do I see perfect strangers signing up for trackdays, then at the very next trackday, or even their very first trackday, also pull in friends? On top of that not even driving BMWs, and never having contributed to or engaged the BMW community at all?

Shaun;680443 said:
Yah thanks for the transparency Shawn.

===

Separately..iIs it just me, or do I see perfect strangers signing up for trackdays, then at the very next trackday, or even their very first trackday, also pull in friends? On top of that not even driving BMWs, and never having contributed to or engaged the BMW community at all?

but what can u do about it? the format is open. there is no ez way to deal with this. we started with a closed TD for membed only. remember? n the turnout died down. we open it up now..n we have all these other problems.

I guess we can have a system. This will help with our under-supply problem. But I will need everyone's help. Mostly coz I dont know everyone in the forum, and I'm really so bad with names and faces. I'm definitely worse than national average on this.

So, we will open up the first 40 slots to contributing members and their immediate friends, Those who fall outside of this category will be automatically put into the waitlist, if any. Our track days are understandably cheap, and I dont mind doing a service for the BMWSG community. But I cannot be extending this sevice for the whole singapore. So I will need regular members' help in identifying these participants, in order for our own members to be not squeezed out. It's the citizens vs foreign talent issue we are all familiar with.

Next, I want to relook the first-pay-first-slot issue. We started this some time back when the demand level is different from today, and when we had issues with people who tua and didnt pay and caused an overall loss. In today's scenario, it's perfectly okay to receive payment within the week of registering, as the risk of making a loss on the TD is still negated. This will make it more convenient for participants to arrange payments. Hopefully with this change, members will not need to rush payments, but rather, just log in to sign up. I'm trying to continuously make things easier for everyone.

However with this change, may come the scenario of someone coming in and putting 20 names one shot. So in tandem, we should allow only for a registrant to sign up 2 other friends' names, for example. If they are contributing members with an active account, they will be able to easily log in to register for themselves. If you are overseas, outside working, you should easily have a friend in the community to help you out. If you are a brand new enthusiast member, you can look for me directly to help should u be away from your computer.

The above is definitely notspecifically targeted at anyone currently at the moment. I have a few long term members who do that for their friends, and these are really long-term, loyal, consistent, safe, and friendly drivers at our track, no bad debts, etc. Superb. But as an overall, overarching rule that we need in place to fine-tune our track day demand/supply situation.

What do you guys think of the above suggestions? If they are in agreement with the majority, I will most likely incorporate them from next year's TDs onwards.

i think...when u allow forumners n their friends to sign....it i already enuf to fill all the slots n more. thats what we have now. maybe the best way is for those who r coming to sign up themselves only. no friends. friends who wanna come...log in n sign themselves. no rolling over from next year. unless car break downs, dog go hospital etc. ie emergencies. n then u get refund. no more rolling over.

Agree that self-signup is best, no friends. Before the signup it's just up to everyone to let their friends know to get ready... and then its every man for himself lol

I suppose those who will be out of the country at signup time, can make advance post on forum stating who will be booking for them while.

thing is, without refunds and rollovers, then those who cannot make it will still take up one slot, preventing others who can actually make it to the track day to pay up and go. Leaving us with a

unless we up the number to 50 as i think 50 cars stll ok for me ......( not sure about the rest )

cheers

ac323;680739 said:
unless we up the number to 50 as i think 50 cars stll ok for me ......( not sure about the rest )

cheers

Starting to look like TCC if we up it, then the benefits of the bmwsg track day will disappear. The key benefit is lowish numbers from my perspective.

Believe the question was asked recently and it seemed unanimous that low volume low cost are defining features of BMWsg trackdays, making them attractive.

So, discussion so far,

-we will cap at 40.
-sign up for yourself, at most 1 or 2 other friends, but only if they have reasons like overseas, outside working no internet etc.
-focus is on contributing, long-term members of the forum. We may want to give these members priority over non-forum-contributing ones.
-1 week to transfer payment and lock in the slot.
-no roll-overs. I will still refund as I have no desire to forfeit $ over and above breakeven. However I will need to think of a more convenient way to do refunds, as in my internet banking the list is limited and i have to frequently delete people and re-add them again later.
-monitoring of frequent refunders/ squatters, and will move them to lower priority.

any more refinements for 2012?

sooner or later Inland revenue gonna ask you why u hv so much fund movements...

From what I have observed, there are certain individuals that would attend every BMW trackday.

For these people, can you not sell them all the trackdays up front for the year as they have made the decision already. Sell it to them at the normal price, benefit for them is they don't have to register and keep transferring money.

Benefit for you is that these number of slots are paid up for the year and not so many money transfers.

If the people that bought these slots cannot attend a particular TD, they will not be allowed to transfer it personally ( to control profiteering). If they want to transfer, they can only do it through the organiser. And they will only be allowed to do x number of transfers a year.

I think such a system may allow you to fill 10 slots in a year. Leaving you with 30 free slots to worry about.

discom;681244 said:
From what I have observed, there are certain individuals that would attend every BMW trackday.

For these people, can you not sell them all the trackdays up front for the year as they have made the decision already. Sell it to them at the normal price, benefit for them is they don't have to register and keep transferring money.

Benefit for you is that these number of slots are paid up for the year and not so many money transfers.

If the people that bought these slots cannot attend a particular TD, they will not be allowed to transfer it personally ( to control profiteering). If they want to transfer, they can only do it through the organiser. And they will only be allowed to do x number of transfers a year.

I think such a system may allow you to fill 10 slots in a year. Leaving you with 30 free slots to worry about.

like me! like ryan!

Racebred;681199 said:
So, discussion so far,

-we will cap at 40.
-sign up for yourself, at most 1 or 2 other friends, but only if they have reasons like overseas, outside working no internet etc.
-focus is on contributing, long-term members of the forum. We may want to give these members priority over non-forum-contributing ones.
-1 week to transfer payment and lock in the slot.
-no roll-overs. I will still refund as I have no desire to forfeit $ over and above breakeven. However I will need to think of a more convenient way to do refunds, as in my internet banking the list is limited and i have to frequently delete people and re-add them again later.
-monitoring of frequent refunders/ squatters, and will move them to lower priority.

any more refinements for 2012?

Can implement Paypal
Like PCS but then again PCS has loads of events...so mayb not justifiable in that sense.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aeesite

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back