*Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

Re: *Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

bro, are you referring to Raffles Town Club at Whitley/Bukit Timah rd junction?

With my previous E46 which was very low, I have no problems going in or out of both carpark entrance/exits....

ninja07;414329 said:
bro, are you referring to Raffles Town Club at Whitley/Bukit Timah rd junction?

With my previous E46 which was very low, I have no problems going in or out of both carpark entrance/exits....

Yes bro, sorry, should be R Town Club (not country club). At the exit to the basement carpark, there is a huge crack that runs from the left to the right of the exit. Like a crack caused by an earthquake. Car suddenly dropped. I was there in November 2008....:) ...do you still see that crack when you go there now?

Biggest sphincter moving moment for me has to be the top level of Vivo car park.

Why do they do it? At the top of the up ramp, they put a speed bump. You have the front wheels go over the speed bump with the back still half way down the ramp. The middle section of the car is bound to gound even in a hummer!! Not only this, but the Vivo ramp has a strange camber and turn - my passenger side rail landed hard on the speed bump and broke :(

I always go to the basement now - much safer

if ur front clearance is shorter than a cigarette box...

try to avoid the Dsquare carpark at Noverna sq... especailly at the final end exit down from the carpark

also... the Goodrich wallpaper showroom.. go slow on the downram into the carpark entrance

the most dangerous one is at the famous golden mile/beach road steamboat place... where u have to go up the ram into the carpark... n the steamboat restaurant is at the basement.... AVOID AT ALL COST !!!

also...

the daimaru carpark... going towards the upper level. just go go down n park at the basement levels instead

Peter, u kenna the Golden Mile Complex one is it? Hehe!

I park at Golden Mile Tower instead. Just be careful where the entrance gantry is. There is an open drain just before the slope up. Go real slow!

we should start the "Association for Identification and Rectification of Stupid Speedhumps/Ramps in Singapore" AIRSSS

"Association for Rapid Speedhump Erradication" ... the sooner they get rid of them the better ;)

BTW, some Korean guys have invented speedhumps that flatten automatically if you go over them slow enough: check this out (could only find this link):
Speed Bumps You Will Love | Zerotohundred.com

I dont think its there now, but was there in Nov too and didnt kenna....generally I just go damn slow when I approach any hump on flat or in/out of basements.

Where I used to park in textile center was the worst, got caught there on the very 1st time, after that i had to learn to manuvere an oblique turn to get my car incident to the change in gradient between carpark ramp sloping downwards to road level at near 45 degree, so that the front overhang can be effectively shorterned when entering the turn....also had to get very near the right wall of the carpark ramp to make that left turn out...Not easy....

C3P0;414409 said:
Yes bro, sorry, should be R Town Club (not country club). At the exit to the basement carpark, there is a huge crack that runs from the left to the right of the exit. Like a crack caused by an earthquake. Car suddenly dropped. I was there in November 2008....:) ...do you still see that crack when you go there now?

Centrepoint i think level 4 or 5, quite bad, be careful when turning left as the kerb is very high but can't see properly in mirror.

These ERP IU based carparks have issues reading some (not all) of the new, slimmer IU on bikes and cars alike ...

Offending Location #1 - Tampines Mall Basement Carpark

STEPS TO RESOLUTION
1) Press the horn to alert the security guard. He will liaise with the control centre.
2) You must pay an exact fee of $1 (guard will not give change)
3) Wait for his "official receipt" (he/she won't instruct the CC to open the barrier until one is issued, fussy but suck thumb and wait)

Offending Location #2 - Bras Basah Complex Basement Carpark

STEPS TO RESOLUTION
1) Press the intercom button and wait patiently.
2) If the bugger manning the intercom is sleeping, alert the vehicle behind (if any) to reverse.
3) Beware as the vehicle behind has two blind spots (poor design of carpark, no blind spot mirrors) and may jam brakes while reversing.
4) Go to the Information or Security Counter and seek help.

all these structure engineers, bca and lta people got to be fired. either they all don't drive, can't afford a car all simply not doing their jobs. that's what with all these problem

to add:

Gleneagles Medical Centre's underground carpark - SUPER narrow (when coming up from B2)

Bukit Batok Central Blk 622A MCP (opp. West Mall) - SUPER SUPER narrow (when exiting / going down)

sci60708;334748 said:
bishan junction 8, exiting from basement carpark, hits me all the time.

After hitting the undercarriage twice, I now manage to avoid hitting again by crawling very slowly and carefully over the hump, macham lah pok car lol.

park at the MCP opposite junction 8, that hump is horrendous.

The CENTRAL@Eu Tong Sen St winds up very narrowly. Even though they have widen the path, I think long cars still gotta watch out for the walls.

Compass point... That's the place Ryan saw the rear of my car yoyo off the slope... Haha... Scrape like crazy... Everytime!

why noone mentioned clementi HDB carpark? The one near the hawker center and NTUC...park there sure kenna bird sh*t....100% hehe

talk about bird shit, should avoid the open space carpark next to Orchard Building (behind Orchard Shopping Centre). every time park there, every time kanna bird shit one...

Alexxx;486386 said:
why noone mentioned clementi HDB carpark? The one near the hawker center and NTUC...park there sure kenna bird sh*t....100% hehe

yea i always park there..DONT PARK BELOW THE TREES IN THAT CARPARK YOU WONT RECOGNISE YOUR CAR AFTER YOU COME BACK!!!!!!:yikess::yikess::yikess::yikess:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabetid
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back