Opinions on Michelin Preceda?

CSS

Am thinking of replacing my Potenza G3 225/24/17 on my 318 E46. Am considering the following tires;
1. PS2
2. Potenza Re 050
3. Precedas

Given the high cost of the PS2 and high wear rate of the Re 050, am seriously considering the Michelin Preceda.

Would appreciate any feedback on the Preceda, in terms of dry/wet grip, comfort and noise levels. Do you guys think that the Preceda is an upgrade from my current Potenza G3... also, any idea where the Precedas are manufactured?

Thanks very much.

Re: Opinions on Michelin Preceda?

Hi Justin,

I am Michelle's colleague. I am considering the PS2 and Re050 225/45/17s.

Can you PM me good price :)

Thanks!!

How about Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS3?

Normally continental tires have softer sidewalls and rubber compound giving better ride comfort.

CSS said:
Am thinking of replacing my Potenza G3 225/24/17 on my 318 E46. Am considering the following tires;
1. PS2
2. Potenza Re 050
3. Precedas

Given the high cost of the PS2 and high wear rate of the Re 050, am seriously considering the Michelin Preceda.

Would appreciate any feedback on the Preceda, in terms of dry/wet grip, comfort and noise levels. Do you guys think that the Preceda is an upgrade from my current Potenza G3... also, any idea where the Precedas are manufactured?

Thanks very much.

I think Preceda isn't quite an upgrade from the Potenza G3, should be a notch lower in terms of performance.

Hv u ever thot of Dunlop Sports Maxx?
It's cheap and pretty damn good.

TripleM said:
I think Preceda isn't quite an upgrade from the Potenza G3, should be a notch lower in terms of performance.

Hv u ever thot of Dunlop Sports Maxx?
It's cheap and pretty damn good.
Yup...confirmed that they're value for money tyres. Started trashing my car after running in the tyres and I must say that I'm quiet impressed by the overall performance of the tyres.

JTAN38 said:
preceda is quiet
made in thailand
grip is average

Really, got my Precedas 225/50/16 made in Japan! Duh....what;s the deal from Thailand?

JTAN38 said:
preceda is quiet
made in thailand
grip is average

Not quite true, as the last set I used it's made in Japan.
Grips are gd for both wet/dry as well as quietness.

most sizes of preceda are from thailand
but there are certain sizes lik 225 50 which is from japan

just my 2 cent

HI CSS so u are the one that my sis has been mentioning? young guy with a great car!

I have business associates working with Michelin. He mentioned that consumers should not use Japan made Michelins as they are not 'conditioned' for South East Asia's roads.

Toffeeman said:
I have business associates working with Michelin. He mentioned that consumers should not use Japan made Michelins as they are not 'conditioned' for South East Asia's roads.

So which market are they consigned for, Japan? Funny, what about those Bridgestones, Yokos, Toyos made in Japan? Similarly, we have Dunlops made in Japan too...they are the higher end variants though.

its true that tyre produce for japan market use softer compound as compare to other market. even the same tyre pattern with same rating can have diff compound n casing structure.but i dont think local importer will bring in tyres that is not suitable fr our market usage.

its true japan like soft compound and its quieter n has better grip but probably lower mileage

New Model of Precedas = PSP2 will be launched soon.

May be you can consider but not sure how much it will costs.

You may read the write-up in Torque Magazine (May 06 issue).

Pretty impressive write-up :)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back