Overseas Drive - Malacca 31st Mar 2007

Re: Overseas Drive - Kukup Seafood 24th Mar 2007

Walkie talkie? Actually u wont get lost der.....

just exit HWY after Tuas to Gelang Petah >> Pekan Nanas > Pontian > Kukup. Actually could reach there in barely an hour, or even ,less for those driving ///Monster Cars.

ok guys... there might have a slight change to the place we are going... we might change to a place called "si wan dao" which is a fishing village at the end of the road to Desaru... the road is smoother and less potholes.. i will update more info on this... however.. date and time won't change..

As for the distance to the place... we have to count from Singapore Second link + a convoy of abt 10 cars + traffic lights... easily we are talking about 2 hours.. so lets see how ya...

waliu....babe...at the end of desaru the best seafood is in sungai rengit. jade garden. we went there last time la...u hv to drive thru pasir gudang h'way thru to kota tingi then right turn to desaru. will take u 2.5hours lor...

Greater Desaru Tourism Association

totoseow;175340 said:
waliu....babe...at the end of desaru the best seafood is in sungai rengit. jade garden. we went there last time la...u hv to drive thru pasir gudang h'way thru to kota tingi then right turn to desaru. will take u 2.5hours lor...

Greater Desaru Tourism Association

haha... but road to the place much much better right? a few forumers just went kukup not long ago and they actually said that the place is quite jialat now.. so don't think its good idea to go kukup..

the jam in pasir gudang all the way to kota tingi can b quite bad...the last trip we had 8 cars...if too many, it wun be easy to manage. but the food is worth it....can hv ice kachang after that...meet at 8am..leave at 830..will reach 11 odd i think. lunch is 1.45 hours...then drive to desaru golf club for ice kachang or sebana cove...n back in singapore by 530pm.

do take some pictures and videos back ~

i need to work on Saturday. :(

As lessons learnt from previous convoys, nobody should attempt to overtake while going upslope in "1 lane either direction traffic" please. As sweeper watching from behind, he will have heart attack.

This one also applies to those blind corners like left bends and you cannot see oncoming traffic hor. Dun stupid ah.. safe safe pls.

Also, do downshift and build up ur momentum as u're pulling out to overtake ah...dun come out, float down there waiting for ur car to build up then go. waste opportunity for ppl behind u to overtake oso.

Hope you all have a safe trip. And lotsa fun! Walkies gotta be booked early. So I urge all participants to be firm with their participation. this will allow the planners to facilitate things to the max possible.

i take boat from changi village...see u guys at sungai rengit on my bicycle...bet u...i will beat u there.

totoseow;175524 said:
i take boat from changi village...see u guys at sungai rengit on my bicycle...bet u will will beat u there.
If go sungai rengit, I do not want to drive liao. I will follow toto and ride there... anyone got extra bicycle?

bmwF1;175667 said:
If go sungai rengit, I do not want to drive liao. I will follow toto and ride there... anyone got extra bicycle?
me..but my bike is too heavy to ride to Malaysia..:nehnehhh: dun get caught by TP there..my bike can beat any SBS bus anytime!:lol2:

bmwF1;175667 said:

I got but it weighs 10x more than totos and its rusting badly. Might get you there... or it might not.
you want?

Ahbengdriver;175238 said:
Walkie talkie? Actually u wont get lost der.....

just exit HWY after Tuas to Gelang Petah >> Pekan Nanas > Pontian > Kukup. Actually could reach there in barely an hour, or even ,less for those driving ///Monster Cars.

Bro... walkie talkie is essential not only for the highly potential convoy breakup but also extremely useful for oncoming traffic on "B" roads... you might be well travelled up north, the others might not...

totoseow;175345 said:
the jam in pasir gudang all the way to kota tingi can b quite bad...the last trip we had 8 cars...if too many, it wun be easy to manage. but the food is worth it....can hv ice kachang after that...meet at 8am..leave at 830..will reach 11 odd i think. lunch is 1.45 hours...then drive to desaru golf club for ice kachang or sebana cove...n back in singapore by 530pm.

Yeah boy... great memories... food was great "Kenntona will vouch for that" + we can do tht round about thingy at the ice kachang place... coconut tree photoshoot!!

Nuke;175521 said:
As lessons learnt from previous convoys, nobody should attempt to overtake while going upslope in "1 lane either direction traffic" please. As sweeper watching from behind, he will have heart attack.

This one also applies to those blind corners like left bends and you cannot see oncoming traffic hor. Dun stupid ah.. safe safe pls.

Also, do downshift and build up ur momentum as u're pulling out to overtake ah...dun come out, float down there waiting for ur car to build up then go. waste opportunity for ppl behind u to overtake oso.

Hope you all have a safe trip. And lotsa fun! Walkies gotta be booked early. So I urge all participants to be firm with their participation. this will allow the planners to facilitate things to the max possible.

I second this Nuke... Fast & Furious is one thing... TOOPID fast & Furious is heavy for the heart... Adrian and myself were made breathless witnessing some of the very close calls experienced by some... one wrong move could not only put you in some serious trouble but the driver behind as well.... drive safe and it will be a blast...

FiftyFive said:
... food was great "Kenntona will vouch for that" + we can do tht round about thingy at the ice kachang place... coconut tree photoshoot!!
Yep, most certainly. Let's do it again......

nicholastan91;175672 said:
me..but my bike is too heavy to ride to Malaysia..:nehnehhh: dun get caught by TP there..my bike can beat any SBS bus anytime!:lol2:
Haha Nick, I dun think can beat SBS bus or caught by TP in a bicycle...

jaskin;175689 said:
I got but it weighs 10x more than totos and its rusting badly. Might get you there... or it might not.
you want?
No thanks jason, I have 3 bikes like those you have...

totoseow;175742 said:
kel...i hv 2 bikes! u take the MTB i take my roadie lor...
Thanks Toto, we will ride there together... Your SPD is Shimano or Eggbeaters?

chickenbackside;175892 said:
I got 2. One Litespeed MTB and one Klein roadie.

Take anyone you want...
You want to cycle with us? It is ok thanks toto's house near to mine so it will be easier. I am looking for a new bike, are you selling any? though I think yours will be out of my range...

bmwF1;175894 said:
You want to cycle with us? It is ok thanks toto's house near to mine so it will be easier. I am looking for a new bike, are you selling any? though I think yours will be out of my range...

I'll probably be in LA, so can't join.

I love my bikes. Not selling them...

bmwF1;175890 said:
Thanks Toto, we will ride there together... Your SPD is Shimano or Eggbeaters?

mine eggbeaters on the klein...on the BMC roadbike...using Look keo pedals...

totoseow;175903 said:
mine eggbeaters on the klein...on the BMC roadbike...using Look keo pedals...
You got your new road bike already? sold away your old one?

Are they confirm going to drive 2.5 hrs up and then another 2.5hrs down just to go sungai rengit? It is pure madness

no i m assuming my new rodbike will be done by then....still trying to sell the trek.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xnkubtdpatop

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back