Paint protection - does it work?

EJH

thinking of going for paint protection but not sure if it actually works and would like some advice from those of you who have actually tried it.

is it really effective or should i just go for monthly grooming session?

lastly, if it works, which brand should i go for. so far i've search the forum and come across CSII, Master touch, tough seal etc.

thanks.

Re: Paint protection - does it work?

the more u groom the more u destroy the paint... most groomers are just hiding the swirls with fillers....

best is go for paint restoration every 1-2 years... in between maintain with a good wash... proper washing technique has been discussed many times in this forum..do a search... nothing beats ur own hands... dont go petrol kiosk to wash...

in between just use quick detailer will do... no need keep grooming at shops.. waste money and your car dont look any better....

Terry;425916 said:
in between just use quick detailer will do... no need keep grooming at shops.. waste money and your car dont look any better....

I fully agreed.
Send my previous ride for regular grooming, in the end it does not look any better, but waste lots of money.

Now, DIY and it sure feels and looks better :yummie:

I sent my car to toughseal when it was a week old. I felt that it was good as it was much easier to maintain, just spray all the dirt off with water, and dry off. The water beads up and rolls off easily. On my previous car I used Glare but their website is down, I dont know if they are still in business. I thought Glare was "shinier" :) So far toughseal is ok for me.

jd8;426015 said:
On my previous car I used Glare but their website is down, I dont know if they are still in business. I thought Glare was "shinier" :) So far toughseal is ok for me.

Mine was on Collinite 915, it gives a deep wet look shine. Thumbs up for this product!

if i cannot diy (allergy), any recommendation on a good groomer? or is collinite 915 so easy to use that i can teach my maid how to do it?

Is Collinite 915 available in shop here?

I wash, Clay, polish and then wax.
It takes a long time. It is not difficult to do but if yr maid does it, would she be willing to spend a couple of hours to do that for your car?

Collinite 915 not avaliable in shops. I go it from Benny (maddetailer). He is on this forum as well!

Benny call for you!

I did a search and some reading... How is the effect compare to rest. Some said the shine is not to great. Is this true for your case?

Jedi R;426232 said:
How is the effect compare to rest. Some said the shine is not to great. Is this true for your case?

Personally, I do notice that the shine is really deep, extremely smooth to the touch, and more importantly, this shine is more lasting.

agree everytime you visit the groomers you are stripping off another laying of clear coat. that's why i never wanna sign up for 6-10 session annual package with anyone.

thanks. seems like the general advice is
1) not to go for regular grooming
2) no need to go specifically for paint protection
3) do regular DIY wash and quick detailing
4) go for groomers who do not use fillers

btw, how do you tell if a groomer is using fillers or not?

More importantly, always "properly" have the car washed before polishing...

Cannot imagine those shopping centrre "polishers" ... without proper washing bays! Sucks! And all those, daily wash car park schemes.... they will end up using sandy ... items as abrasive on the car surface..

EJH;426368 said:
thanks. seems like the general advice is
1) not to go for regular grooming
2) no need to go specifically for paint protection
3) do regular DIY wash and quick detailing
4) go for groomers who do not use fillers

btw, how do you tell if a groomer is using fillers or not?

Ah Lian;426372 said:
More importantly, always "properly" have the car washed before polishing...

Can't agree more....
Seen so many car wash centre where the guys use 1 sponge for the entire whole car, body surface, rims, wheels etc.... Imagine how dirt y and abrasive the sponge is!

paint protection works. Period. especially against tree sap and bird sh*t. If I had a license to carry a rifle, I will stop the car by the roadside and shoot every mother's son bird around the area if I kenna bird sh*t when I am driving. I may even go into the woods to shoot any bird I see, whether it did pang sai on my car or not. Forward planning

Hi folks,

Am thinking of sending in my new car for her virgin grooming session; hopefully to keep the paintwork looking as fresh as ever. Just wondering if any of you has any good grooming companies to recommend? Or brands of cleaning substance to use? Collinite or Duragloss etc.? Thanks!

Terry;425916 said:
the more u groom the more u destroy the paint... most groomers are just hiding the swirls with fillers....

best is go for paint restoration every 1-2 years... in between maintain with a good wash... proper washing technique has been discussed many times in this forum..do a search... nothing beats ur own hands... dont go petrol kiosk to wash...

how does paint restoration works?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88gamevip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back