Paint protection - does it work?

Re: Paint protection - does it work?

Any bro know roughly how much it wld cost to re-spray the whole body? saw a pre-owned, but the color is kinda off..

thans

does all the paint protection discussed here is good for preventing water marks at all?

choonkok;435410 said:
Any bro know roughly how much it wld cost to re-spray the whole body? saw a pre-owned, but the color is kinda off..

thans
Same colour?
cost goes from $800 to about $1500 depending on quality,size of car, and of course condition of car.
If you want the about the best check out lye designs. Lye Designs - Services
I would advice against the cheaper ones otherwise after 2 month you will find that the gleam of the newly sprayed car all lost.

zag;435416 said:
does all the paint protection discussed here is good for preventing water marks at all?

Honestly, My car was on toughseal, and it did not prevent water mark. in fact, i could not get rid of the water mark despite my best manual effort to manually polish it off.
Patrick will tell you when rain quickly wash off with water.

my experience is if you have time about 3hours a month, wax yourself, then wash once a week.

i dont have any problem with water mark so far.

tlkchew;435428 said:
Honestly, My car was on toughseal, and it did not prevent water mark. in fact, i could not get rid of the water mark despite my best manual effort to manually polish it off.
Patrick will tell you when rain quickly wash off with water.

my experience is if you have time about 3hours a month, wax yourself, then wash once a week.

i dont have any problem with water mark so far.

Agree with that... Washing weekly is very impt to remove the water mark before it etch into the paint. Wax will help to sacrifice itself before the water mark damage the clear coat.. I think technology are still not so advance till 1 time application can deter our climate without basic maintenance like washing...

water etches on the clear coat almost instantly when droplets dry.. so i can't see the logic of washing once a week.

i wash almost daily and shoot! i still get watermark after having paint protection coating system... how? sigh!

zag;435594 said:
water etches on the clear coat almost instantly when droplets dry.. so i can't see the logic of washing once a week.

i wash almost daily and shoot! i still get watermark after having paint protection coating system... how? sigh!

Few possible reasons...
Your car may not have a good base protection coat or you have unintentionally reduce the durability when using strong shampoo to wash the car.

Your car may be driven in extreme environment like industrial area, shipyard, airport when it is expose to high humidity and dust.. Any droplets will chemically react immediately with the 'nonsense' on your car causing damge.

The water spot may not have etch into the paintwork but normal washing is insufficient. Claying and paint cleaning may help...

Depending on what standard you wana achieve, i would suggest just use spray wax 1-2 monthly to slow down oxidation and live with the defects..Then new yr go for paint restoration, i.e cutting/leveling paint..lol

dschia;435598 said:
Few possible reasons...
Your car may not have a good base protection coat or you have unintentionally reduce the durability when using strong shampoo to wash the car.

Your car may be driven in extreme environment like industrial area, shipyard, airport when it is expose to high humidity and dust.. Any droplets will chemically react immediately with the 'nonsense' on your car causing damge.

The water spot may not have etch into the paintwork but normal washing is insufficient. Claying and paint cleaning may help...

Depending on what standard you wana achieve, i would suggest just use spray wax 1-2 monthly to slow down oxidation and live with the defects..Then new yr go for paint restoration, i.e cutting/leveling paint..lol

thks for the advice.
my car is 5 months old... first day delivery straight to groomer in upper serangoon (ex zaino). PML was not allowed to polish it.. Only thing is my car is parked outside under hot sun and rain at my office. Darn!
I had second grooming done recently with claybar etc etc and new protective coat treatment.
still see the water marks..Argh!

well.. just talked to a friend perhaps the watermarks is still on the protective coating so.. cross finger! tomorrow going to groomer to discuss....

zag;435594 said:

Bro i feel for you, i know how its like with the water mark, looks as bad as swirl mark.

I guess i have built up a coat of wax and sealed in, so i dont have the water mark.

Like i mentioned when my car was toughsealed, i had water mark despite washing weekly.
so maybe the paint protection did not do the job, or worse caused the problem?

probably if i bring the car back to get a "re-charge" of the toughseal, it will be removed, otherwise despite my best efforts, i could not get rid of the water mark. :(

zag;435600 said:
thks for the advice.
my car is 5 months old... first day delivery straight to groomer in upper serangoon (ex zaino). PML was not allowed to polish it.. Only thing is my car is parked outside under hot sun and rain at my office. Darn!
I had second grooming done recently with claybar etc etc and new protective coat treatment.
still see the water marks..Argh!

well.. just talked to a friend perhaps the watermarks is still on the protective coating so.. cross finger! tomorrow going to groomer to discuss....

if the water mark is on the protective coating, then alls good... but these days i am quite skeptical of bringing cars to groomers, if they want to prove that their seal is good and if your car has water mark despite paying hundreds for their products, all they do is give your car a rougher cut of polish and remove 1 layer to smooth-en the top layer to remove the blemish. then show you that their product works.

Claybar does not polish your car's paint, all it does is remove dust, soot particles deposited on your paintwork. it sure does give a nice smooth surface for your wax/seal. :)

Good luck tomorrow, hope your problem gets solved. from my experience, if the groomer does a full polish(removing a thin layer) then your car should look good as showroom! just need to build up a few layers of wax so the next acid rain on your car does not etched back on the paintwork.

EJH;425904 said:
thinking of going for paint protection but not sure if it actually works and would like some advice from those of you who have actually tried it.

is it really effective or should i just go for monthly grooming session?

lastly, if it works, which brand should i go for. so far i've search the forum and come across CSII, Master touch, tough seal etc.

thanks.

i used glare on my previous car before. now with my current one 520, still looking for one too. besides, i now need to look for a good shop to touch my scratch on my bumper inflicted by my in-law who misjudged a wall and scraped it.

Anyone tried the exterior package from PML ... saw that package of $499 with 1 nano wax polish + 3 time return within a year. Is this of any good ?

btw, can I have Patrick contact . Thanks,

If u are refering to Patrick of Toughseal: 9752 8283 - if other patrick... nevermind... oops!

AdrianNg;440417 said:
Anyone tried the exterior package from PML ... saw that package of $499 with 1 nano wax polish + 3 time return within a year. Is this of any good ?

btw, can I have Patrick contact . Thanks,

act guys i tink with the money spent on all the pps it's much more worth it to jus save it, stick to normal carwarshing and respray maybe 3 yrs later haha

noa_higs;441048 said:
act guys i tink with the money spent on all the pps it's much more worth it to jus save it, stick to normal carwarshing and respray maybe 3 yrs later haha

should as much as possible protect the original paint. respray adds weight(though negligible) does not look as good if done by poor workshop

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88slive

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back