Paint protection - does it work?

Re: Paint protection - does it work?

Can anyone advice me what is the diff between Paint protection and Paint Sealant protection pls. Thx :)

Hope that you will like the #845. Remember to wet your applicator and apply thin layer of #845. Leave it for 5 to 10 min and wipe-off.

You will be amazed the next time you wash your car :)

Happy Detailing.

Violin;427353 said:
Can anyone advice me what is the diff between Paint protection and Paint Sealant protection pls. Thx :)

My guess is paint protection is a general term use by many which includes wax, sealant, teflon treatment, those all in one polish + wax.

Paint sealant protection is just another paint protection..

Hi,

Just to share from my experiences. Have done tough seal for 3 cars past and present and I am quite satisfied with the product. Stains/marks can be removed with relative ease. The shine on the car is acceptable with interval maintenance ( of course you can't compare it to the shine derived from polishing). Good for people who cannot afford the time or like me who are plain lazy.

Have not tried other paint protection in the market and therefore not in a position to comment.

Hope this helps.

Deadkookaburra;426338 said:
agree everytime you visit the groomers you are stripping off another laying of clear coat. that's why i never wanna sign up for 6-10 session annual package with anyone.

Process of leveling down clear coat is time consuming and not as easy especially with BMW clear coat.. Most of the time need buffer with abrasive polish. Even with abrasive polish and you polish with hand also can die already, let alone wax where that is no abrasive at all. But then if car surface dirty when polish or wax den different story, the dirt/grit will act like sanding paper.

I guess those 6-10 sessions usually first time you do they levelled the paint properly then expect customer to do weekly maintenace.. When the follow grooming schedule reached, they only need to touch up some polishing rather then level down paint again. I think if they do 6-10 sessions of levelling paint annually will be a lugi biz to them..:)

Any owners here have tried Unique CS-II?? any feedback....

Heard of good reviews from other forums... thinking of doing pps on my new ride...

jd8;426015 said:
I sent my car to toughseal when it was a week old. I felt that it was good as it was much easier to maintain, just spray all the dirt off with water, and dry off. The water beads up and rolls off easily. On my previous car I used Glare but their website is down, I dont know if they are still in business. I thought Glare was "shinier" :) So far toughseal is ok for me.

Hi, my car is about two weeks' old, and i'm thinking of getting some kind of paint protection too. so you say Toughseal's so far so good? where do i get it done? thanks.

hi i came across ST Auto that apparently is the sole distributor of Toughseal in spore. anybody here used ST Auto before and know that they are reliable?

Hi Cleopatra,

As I mentioned, I am using tough seal and yes ST Auto is the sole agent. They are reliable. In fact, if you are staying somewhere near to Ang Mo Kio, they provide value for money car wash with tough seal products that help to maintain your paint protection longer. The only problem is that you will need to wait for longer than necessary due to the number of cars they are washing.

Cheers!

Hey Sirius, thanks!

I'd actually already called them to make an appt for this Sat, but decided that I shld sort out my car's teething problems (condensation etc) with PML first. meeting PML service chaps this Sat.

Hi MapleLeaf,

they quoted me $400 for my 125i...not too sure abt market prices. maybe the veteran members on this forum are in a better position to comment.

I still don't understand why until today groomers and tinting installers still quote based on cc of your car instead of the physical size. Nah bey, my E60 grooming package is cheaper than my neighbours 135i coupe!

I tried CSII recently, great JOb!!.. Owner Sherine is patient and took the time to explain the procedure and what to expect (No job guarantees perfect finish, its meant to enhance the shine and eliminate swirls)... They offer after care products too (included in their package), shows how much they care :)

Cleopatra;432354 said:
Hi MapleLeaf,

they quoted me $400 for my 125i...not too sure abt market prices. maybe the veteran members on this forum are in a better position to comment.

hi
i know patrick did not lower his price nor increase over the years. coz he knows that his product is good. so abit of cockiness in him :) he charges $400 avergage family car. eg 320, mit lancer.
then it starts going up as the size of the car increases. like a 5 series,

personally the protection lasts for about 2 years. then you would probably need to go for another coat. between washes. you should use only water or very mild soap that toughseal provide.

it does make car wash easier. I have so far stopped using toughseal, coz i like to groom the car myself. but time is a factor. if you do not have time or do not have the "skill" to groom the car yourself, just pay the 400 and enjoy. if you are lazy to wait for car wash, head in on a monday evening before 6:30pm sure can wash quick quick.

cheers

As for what i use to groom my car.
1. Wash, i use the polyglaze wash and wax.
2. wax. I use the japanese soft 77
3. seal with autoglym shine protection.

looks as good as those groomers and last for a month without needing to wash hehe..

I have a habit of using Autoglym Gloss Protection on my previous E46. Use it every fortnight (half hour job).

Now Patrick is telling me not to use AutoGlym Gloss Protection on top of his Toughseal. Said it might damaged the Toughseal coating. Not logical to me. Any advise?

AutoGlymn Gloss Protection is basically liquid wax. I've used it for five years. So swirl marks.

MapleLeaf;434200 said:
I have a habit of using Autoglym Gloss Protection on my previous E46. Use it every fortnight (half hour job).

Now Patrick is telling me not to use AutoGlym Gloss Protection on top of his Toughseal. Said it might damaged the Toughseal coating. Not logical to me. Any advise?

AutoGlymn Gloss Protection is basically liquid wax. I've used it for five years. So swirl marks.

i have to say that the autoglym gloss protection is quite good.
its a sealent on your wax to make it lasts longer.
It should be similar to toughseal's sealent. i think patrick puts multiple coats of this to build up the layers.

For toughseal, it has it's own formulation. Any wax on top is not favourable.

Why don't you use the bottle given by him? For example, when u sent for washing at his place, after the wash, his worker would ask for the small creamy bottle. And he will spray and wipe.

I got a few bottles of this stuff from him. And after every wash, I spray and wipe - kim kim kut kut with it. If need to, buy a few bottles.. and your car will be like mine lor.. kut kut...

Thus u should use the "tougseal strengthener" instead of autoglym gloss protection. as the chemical composition of the teflon material like coating is not compatible with wax materials.. as wax materials tend to be sticky ...

I know, because, this is my second ride that was toughsealed by him. My first ride toughseal lasted 4 plus years kim kim kut kut... and avoid wax conditioners... as mentioned it tends to stick and is not compatible to the teflon "material"....

MapleLeaf;434200 said:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hanhtrinhtuoitrevn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back