Parallel Imported F20 118i

Silver_Z

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience on getting their 118/116i from PI. Unlike my previous car where it's just a steel cage with fancy windows and an engine, the 1 series have too much software to worry about. Such as how to update the ecu, navigation, etc.

What are the frustration faced? Regrets? Limitations?

Or if it is good, can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Parallel Imported F20 118i

Silver_Z;895398 said:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience on getting their 118/116i from PI. Unlike my previous car where it's just a steel cage with fancy windows and an engine, the 1 series have too much software to worry about. Such as how to update the ecu, navigation, etc.

Thanks in advance.

you mean the car or the PI company???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I meant the experience on buying the car from PI and the available service.

Like software updates and such. Mechanical wise, there are many places capable of servicing it.

Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I got a PML car but part of me wishes I had gotten a PI car.

Higher OMV, better specs and lower price, it's a good deal.

Just make sure your PI gives you a reliable workshop n you won't have much to worry abt.

Silver_Z;895398 said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

the million dollar question is to find 1 good PI out of 10 you go to. if not, you will start a new thread with the title BEWARE soon ... hehe

There are capable PI workshops and incapable AD workshops

BEWARE just like wt_know hinted, BEWARE

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Any PI to recommend? PM me. ;)

I am more concern about how to update the ecu and onboard iDrive system and navigation. Does the PI or outside workshop have such facility and ability. Or ownself download from internet and flash it?

The last time I bought my car from PI, no one could update my ECU and onboard firmware.

Guess you have to find out which workshop your PI authorizes and find out from them directly if they are able to do it (even better, ask them if they have done it before).

If worry so much, juz buy from PML. After that, buy wobbles kopi & ask him to teach u his bang table kungfu.

davidtch;895610 said:
If worry so much, juz buy from PML. After that, buy wobbles kopi & ask him to teach u his bang table kungfu.

wow. he bangs table while he screws... amazing. got video? hehe.

You can buy PI but pray your car no problem at all...
I witness someone in PML with a PI car seeking help, adoption fee was $15000 for a 1 series.
:sneaky:

pros and cons of buying pi.

i dun know enough about how and where to fix problems when they come so i bought ad. i have had cars that never went to the ad workshop before.

AD is Authorised Dealer

so any company which is not an AD is called Unauthorised Dealer?

MW;895626 said:
AD is Authorised Dealer

UD = Unauthorised Dealer. Next time, we must us UD rather than PI, is it??

davidtch;895610 said:

This is not worry lar. More of trying to find out what I will expect. Like leslie11 provided me with valuable experience which I may feel the same if I had gone down that road.

And all my experience with BMW, I never have the cool tablet looking stuff, so never know how it works. Just wanna find out if can update via internet or need AD to do it.

All advices provided are valuable to my decision making, and I greatly appreciate it. :)

MW;895626 said:
AD is Authorised Dealer

hehe.

not ad is reseller. not endorsed by bmw ag. means got lemon ask trader to kautim. he no kautim then suck thumb.

I am proud to be driving the UDM. The Unauthorised Driving Machine.

C3P0;895651 said:
I am proud to be driving the UDM. The Unauthorised Driving Machine.

means ur sart sart machine can fly?...:D

Meek;895648 said:
hehe.

not ad is reseller. not endorsed by bmw ag. means got lemon ask trader to kautim. he no kautim then suck thumb.

So they shoudn't use AD, but perhaps Official Importer

Then we can have Parallel Importers (who are in fact unofficial importers)

The use of "Authorised Dealer" makes all others unathorised if I dun buy from PML for BMWs

siao

Silver_Z;895645 said:
This is not worry lar. More of trying to find out what I will expect. Like leslie11 provided me with valuable experience which I may feel the same if I had gone down that road.

And all my experience with BMW, I never have the cool tablet looking stuff, so never know how it works. Just wanna find out if can update via internet or need AD to do it.

All advices provided are valuable to my decision making, and I greatly appreciate it. :)

unless there are major problems with the car's software, even AD will not want to update the software even if there are newer versions released by BMW. with computer software, there's always the saying "if it ain't broke, dun fix it". Cos there's always a chance that software updates screws up things that are working fine before.

for iDrive updates, certain updates can be done by yourself FOC whereas things like map updates will need to pay $$$ since you need an FSC code from BMW in order to update the map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back