Parking Sensors for E60 5-series

randall w

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know how much it would cost to fit parking sensors into an E60 520i that did not come with them? Would it be more cost effective to fit the original BMW ones or get an outside one, and what are the differences? I know, for one, the BMW ones are connected to the iDrive computer.

Thanks for all your help in advance! I really appreciate it. :)

Cheers...

Re: Parking Sensors for E60 5-series

Factory-fitted ones cost much more. If u do not need the iDrive screen to show the radar screen as to the physical position of your car, then after-mkt sensors good enuff and fast to fix. You may also wish to check out this product called BumperCare which I heard Juzz for Cars carries. It is a strip hidden in your bumper. So visually, u won't see the round sensors. Cost a couple of hundreds only. But have not heard of it being fixed on an E60. Best for you to call Juzz for Cars to find out more.

T6 said:
Factory-fitted ones cost much more. If u do not need the iDrive screen to show the radar screen as to the physical position of your car, then after-mkt sensors good enuff and fast to fix. You may also wish to check out this product called BumperCare which I heard Juzz for Cars carries. It is a strip hidden in your bumper. So visually, u won't see the round sensors. Cost a couple of hundreds only. But have not heard of it being fixed on an E60. Best for you to call Juzz for Cars to find out more.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response! Will you happen to know how much the factory-fitted ones will cost? I understand the external ones are only about a couple of hundreds - the ones that beep when you put the car into Reverse. (Maybe in the region of $200 - $400?).

Cheers...

Hi Randall,

Do a search at forums.e60.net in the E60 Singaporeans thread, someone did a full parking sensor install on his 520i sometime back. Forgotten the details, but it was quite expensive

eggz said:
Hi Randall,

Do a search at forums.e60.net in the E60 Singaporeans thread, someone did a full parking sensor install on his 520i sometime back. Forgotten the details, but it was quite expensive

Hi eggz,

Thanks for your reply! I will check out the forums.

Cheers...

I fitted original sensors front and back to my E39. It was more than $4k so I would expect it to be similar or more since it now integrates to iDrive.

Forget the parking sensors. Some of our E60 brothers fitted the reversing camea. Parking sensors are now outdated.

yup..i think pml cant do it last time someone was checking. fit the camera..all in less than 1.2k...can drive around wif camera permanently on...macham daytona..

totoseow said:
yup..i think pml cant do it last time someone was checking. fit the camera..all in less than 1.2k...can drive around wif camera permanently on...macham daytona..

Is this done by PML with OEM parts or outside mod? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Hi,

I fitted mine with the original sensors which is linked to the screen @ PML.
It cost me abt 3.1 or 3.2K to install which was done abt 1.5 years ago.
Basicially from what i heard, the actual cost of the system is abt 2.8-2.9K (probably after mark up from PML)
The rest is for the installer's commision.

Hope the above is useful for you.

So where can you install the camera? Does it integrate with the i-Drive screen or is there a seperate screen?....

Cheers

all in the idrive..if i sell my car u can buy mine....1 week old.

totoseow said:
all in the idrive..if i sell my car u can buy mine....1 week old.

Does it turn-on only when you hit reverse gear and goes off automatically when you engage drive? Or is it manually operated? Tx

Also would it be possible to have both original reverse sensor + camera. I am trying to figure out which comes on the screen when in reverse ... sensor display or camera ?

I presume the original sensors come with both front and rear. No?

original sensor is for front n rear. the front sensors r useless...u dun need it if u know how to drive!

the reverse camera that i have is activated when i hit reverse. BUT i fixed a toggle switch. i can switch it to show the picture of the car wif the original sensor indicator. i can flip the switch n use the camera too. in fact i can drive n still on the reverse camera...a la daytona style..

totoseow said:
original sensor is for front n rear. the front sensors r useless...u dun need it if u know how to drive!

the reverse camera that i have is activated when i hit reverse. BUT i fixed a toggle switch. i can switch it to show the picture of the car wif the original sensor indicator. i can flip the switch n use the camera too. in fact i can drive n still on the reverse camera...a la daytona style..

I am impressed. Can share set-up details - especially on toggle switch? I was thinking of retrofitting the OEM reverse camera. Is this the same set-up that Meng and Edward have in their car re the box interface?

this is the same as meng. switch is hidden away....so that if i send my car to pml...they wun see it when they put car into reverse.

my camera is done outside...

basic rule...if u wanna mod...forget about warranty. otherwise dun mod. not using recommended tyres means u hv modded ur car. point is they will say u void warranty for everything that pml does not offer...so if that is important to u..then i suggest u dun install.

but hv a look around....i gurantee u every single bmw on the road has something that is not factory fitted...u get the drift...so long as u dun transplant a 8 litre quad turbo rolls-royce 15,000hp iniside ur engine bay..nobody gives 3 hoots...

they dun mind...cant worry too much..these r minor compared to wot some cars hv in the engine..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back