performance upgrades

Pathfinder

My 07 320i is getting a little sluggish. Since i am stuck with it for awhile, i am looking to improve my 320i's performance such as induction kits, upgraded exhausts, different cams, etc.

Please recommend.

Re: performance upgrades

Anyone chipped the engine's ECU?

Pathfinder;436470 said:
My 07 320i is getting a little sluggish. Since i am stuck with it for awhile, i am looking to improve my 320i's performance such as induction kits, upgraded exhausts, different cams, etc.

Please recommend.

Plenty has been done. and written about.
Do a quick search, might yield you some answers.

Easy fixes.

-Intake (K&N drop in)
-Exhaust
-Followed Chip/Remap.

Visit R2D (Rod) near IMM.
-See sponsors section
-Volker plugs
-Ignition upgrades
-Air Scoops

My E46 runs pretty much the same engine w/ some periphery differences.
Think it's N42B20 vs. N46B20
Sluggish is hardly the word that comes to mind....

;)

The ECU can be chipped n will give u a bit more responsiveness and a bit more low end. A K&N filter will also a bit help on yr car(pls dont use it on the 335i though).

Not much else I think, this car is better to lighten its weight. Throw away the stock rims n switch to a set of light JDM rims of same size and use a light weight tyre like CSC3 or PS2. If you can, get aftermarket brakes set, those stock brakes sipay heavy one.

Remove spare tyre........(weight reduce)

install the Velocity.............

happy modding........(call wilman2772)

cheers

ac323;436546 said:
Remove spare tyre........(weight reduce)

install the Velocity.............

happy modding........(call wilman2772)

cheers

spare tyre on the body?:laughing:

Prob the following mob for a start :woottt:

1. ECU reflash
2. Sprint booster
3. K&N filter
4. Rear muffler or catback
5. Plugs OWS irredium

Thanks bros,
Mine stock 16" rim and run flat tyres. Am thinking to change to normal tyres. Have mod with iridium sparks and hurricane stainless steel filter. Had also the sprint booster but took it out after it affected the MAF sensor.
If chipped ECU only gives 10% or less horses, don't think i will go for it. I was hoping to get from 150 hp to 170 hp.
Any suggestion which mod sor combination to do.
On second thot, should have consider the 6 pot 323i in the first place..........

Hi pathfinder,

change header, down-pipe and exhaust, gruppeM, volker spec II plugs.....upgrade your SB to Velocity then do a re-flash....think should be able to at least achieve 169.9999hp

cheers

Clean your throttle body and ICV. This will help improve performance and improve FC.

niteblu;436502 said:
Plenty has been done. and written about.
Do a quick search, might yield you some answers.

Easy fixes.

-Intake (K&N drop in)
-Exhaust
-Followed Chip/Remap.

Visit R2D (Rod) near IMM.
-See sponsors section
-Volker plugs
-Ignition upgrades
-Air Scoops

My E46 runs pretty much the same engine w/ some periphery differences.
Think it's N42B20 vs. N46B20
Sluggish is hardly the word that comes to mind....

;)
poisonous!.. but i like.. my e46 is N46B20 which is similar engine to the e90 320i perhaps alittle detuned.
I find that its alittle sluggish when acceleration after 110km/h... no more torque to kick it up faster to the next 20/30km/h

I am real tempted by R2D iginition upgs, but the finance minister is not openning up the budget haha.. :dance:

Yes i forgot to mention to have ignition upgrade thingy at R2D as well.......

cheers

Just curious... has anyone tried their 0-100km/h on the E90 320i? I can never get the specs of 9.8s, avg just 11s. And anyone tried Broquet Boostmaster? I installed the BM50 recently and frankly... no difference at all to consumption and acceleration as mentioned in the advertisement. Anyone has different feedback?

cmkim_11;438034 said:
Just curious... has anyone tried their 0-100km/h on the E90 320i? I can never get the specs of 9.8s, avg just 11s. And anyone tried Broquet Boostmaster? I installed the BM50 recently and frankly... no difference at all to consumption and acceleration as mentioned in the advertisement. Anyone has different feedback?

You need the top range e.g. Top Fueller 70 or more for our beemers to feel to effect. I had TF70 installed but did not see any significant improvement for power nor FC.

Pathfinder;438120 said:
You need the top range e.g. Top Fueller 70 or more for our beemers to feel to effect. I had TF70 installed but did not see any significant improvement for power nor FC.

quite surprising that u guys really buy that product..:laughlik:
tried n tested probbaly are
a) ignition upgrade (add that Volker Spec II plugs or any racing plugs if u want more result)
b) KNN or Hurricane filters, not necessary use those open end types
c) turbo it if u dare, otherwise, take out all yr un-necessary items in yr trunk, keep yr petrol level at mid tank level
d) re-map or re-flash yr ECU like some bros did..
lastly, install a Velocity...stay at Level4...:ultrasho:

JLMC;438127 said:
quite surprising that u guys really buy that product..:laughlik:
tried n tested probbaly are

Well, it is plug and play....................i took it off and sold it for half of what i paid - done less than 20K. It makes more sense pumping higher octane fuel than to spend close to 1K for a fuel conditioner.

cmkim_11;438034 said:

Hi,

Juz a quick query..... did u do the 0-100 run in DS mode or juz D mode??

Hi there... was on DS mode. A/C off. Gave up after a while. Spoke to Bernard and he says we can never get the published specs on stock cos that was done in perfect atmospherc conditions, pro driver... etc... Share ur views?

cmkim_11;438536 said:
Hi there... was on DS mode. A/C off. Gave up after a while. Spoke to Bernard and he says we can never get the published specs on stock cos that was done in perfect atmospherc conditions, pro driver... etc... Share ur views?

noted...

i tired 325 in DS mode and "roughly" get 7.7s or thereabout ..... :oops:

maybe my hand were fumbling with the watch..... :confused:

i have buddies driving 320i and 523i, and they do not know about DS mode... hence i was curious about your 0-100 test run...

since you brought this up, perhaps i will test it again... :cloud9:

Yeah dude.... thanks. Do keep me posted. Either that or im just the most undeserving driver.,, Looking forward to your post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back