Pics of my Deep See Blue 320i LCI

Re: Pics of my Deep See Blue 320i LCI

ac323;647311 said:
what's your rear tyre size?

cheers

Thanks bro ac323, its the std equip size for 19inches le...

235/35/19 front, 265/30/19...

I read most forum bros on 19inches and 3ers run this size...:thinking:

flwrs18;647313 said:
And I dont know if its just me but the feel the rear sus/ spring rate is pretty soft and the compression as compared to the front even when i drive alone would experience more 'travel' or 'dip' behind as compared to the front!

So in fact I was actually considering to Not Lower but get a stiffer stock spring or getting one of those silicone or PU elastomer thingys to stiffen up the springs so the rear will not rub!:furious::furious::furious:

But when driven on normal roads there is no rubbing at all.

Oh the other thing if i go over a big hump also the rear will kana! when the dip is too great so usually i slow a bit more than usually but not to a crawl like bros with super-lowered car heehee... but I really think i should not be experiencing this at all with the acclaimed RACE GTS heheh

or can try to roll your fender............
stock suspension is like that.........

* enjoy
cheers

Slight rubbing is common may be due to the thicker sidewall of the tyres you used. Just roll the fenders it will be ok, small matter.

detach8;647312 said:
Breytons are wider than stock spec.

For E90 non-M car, front 8", rear 8.5". The GTS are 8.5" and 9.5" if I'm not wrong. Rear is 1" wider than stock!

That's why you see I started a thread under the tire section for 18". I have alot of doubts about the 19" aftermarket rims.

Woh, thanks bro, that is a lot of diff in offset bet the stock and an M haha! I... the M wanna be but really it looks so nice from sidde and it highlights the bulge on the rear wheel so so nicely!!!:)

Puts a smile everytime i look at them! Esp the rear ones!

Other that getting M3 rear fenders would ya rec a stiffer spring if any such springs exist :lol2: or a spring stiffening gadget?

A Million thanks for the precious advise!

Just buy a set of m-sport shock absorbers and it will help with your rear stiffness.

If you are worried about compression then you should consider the stiffer lowering springs.

The back sure dip more than the front one. The front got engine, back dun have. U put one family behind, your car is backside heavy.

You can't put the M rims on the non M car btw. Neh neh swollen. Front is 245 leh. Even 19" 235 width tyres will already rub at full lock. Dun believe just try. Full lock.

Jadis;647316 said:
Slight rubbing is common may be due to the thicker sidewall of the tyres you used. Just roll the fenders it will be ok, small matter.

Thanks guys yup, read about the rolling of the fenders, I use to drive the older Suzuki swift GTI, 1.3 twin cam model but when to lup 17 inch advan neovas so rub like mad so had to roll them but aft the rolling the paint cracked and the inner paint work and bare metal was exposed and seeing the thinned fender and rust which slowly started forming on the 'unprotected' metall broke my heart to bits :(

And to consider this on my new babe will kill me bros....however i believe the process of fender rolling should also be much impreoved from nearly 10 years ago?

And comments on the quality of rolling fenders from bros here? And where to do it and roughly how much? Many many thanks! :)

Are there really any form of chipping of paint work? Cos my old car was like resrayed so many times paint and body all koyak and rojak already maybe thats why but our bimmers are of so so much better quality and build so i believe the above should not happen imo.:)

Even my special orderd 19" DPE staggered rims also got slight rubbing, after rolling the fenders, it is perfect.

Jadis;647323 said:
Even my special orderd 19" DPE staggered rims also got slight rubbing, after rolling the fenders, it is perfect.

very nice drop.............
rolling fender is the way to go.......

cheers

detach8;647319 said:
Just buy a set of m-sport shock absorbers and it will help with your rear stiffness.

If you are worried about compression then you should consider the stiffer lowering springs.

The back sure dip more than the front one. The front got engine, back dun have. U put one family behind, your car is backside heavy.

You can't put the M rims on the non M car btw. Neh neh swollen. Front is 245 leh. Even 19" 235 width tyres will already rub at full lock. Dun believe just try. Full lock.

thanks for the advice bro! yah i think the other option will be to put stiffer lowering springs to stiffen up the car, while able to improve looks and improve road holding too!

Any lowering springs that u can rec bro? I understand that there are those 'softer to stiff' kind where the top coil of the springs are closely wounded together the a few rounds later the 'stiff' section comes in so that it gives the lowered ride a sort of hybrid performance so to say initial comfort not compromised but when car is pushed, more compression the springs 'stiffen' up...

Dont know if my analogy here is correct pls correct me if i am wrong, cos that is what i was using from FK exhaust for mym GTI last time, but still got rub once more ppl sit in my car.

Brand is merwede. think u guys should be pretty familiar:)

Jadis;647323 said:

Very nice rims and drop too bro!:goodup::goodup::goodup:

Where did you do your fender rolling, can share? And roughly how much and how long they need? Thanks!

flwrs18;647325 said:
thanks for the advice bro! yah i think the other option will be to put stiffer lowering springs to stiffen up the car, while able to improve looks and improve road holding too!

Any lowering springs that u can rec bro? I understand that there are those 'softer to stiff' kind where the top coil of the springs are closely wounded together the a few rounds later the 'stiff' section comes in so that it gives the lowered ride a sort of hybrid performance so to say initial comfort not compromised but when car is pushed, more compression the springs 'stiffen' up...

Dont know if my analogy here is correct pls correct me if i am wrong, cos that is what i was using from FK exhaust for mym GTI last time, but still got rub once more ppl sit in my car.

Brand is merwede. think u guys should be pretty familiar:)

Lowering spring might make your car bouncy.......roll the fender and try first.......
worst to worst, slam in coilover..................(no regrets)

cheers

Jadis;647323 said:

Very nice rear window spoiler and boot spoiler too! completes the look of the 3er on 19inches!

Was asking robson on the CF rear spolier but they say no more stock and dont know when coming in too...

I know however that PML sells it under the performance section will chk it out when back kekeke

Bro where did u get the rear window spolier if i may ask! Thanks!

ac323;647330 said:
Lowering spring might make your car bouncy.......roll the fender and try first.......
worst to worst, slam in coilover..................(no regrets)

cheers

Thanks Bro, will coil overs overly stiffen/ harden ride? I feel its shoudnt to that great an extent as out contis are very well damped. Right?

Jadis;647323 said:

Bro, our blues look kinda the same haha urs is which blue?

flwrs18;647333 said:
Thanks Bro, will coil overs overly stiffen/ harden ride? I feel its shoudnt to that great an extent as out contis are very well damped. Right?

If you get KW V3 both the rebound and compression are adjustable so no worries on that, can adjust soft too..........

cheers

ac323;647344 said:
If you get KW V3 both the rebound and compression are adjustable so no worries on that, can adjust soft too..........

cheers

Sounds great bro! Mind if I ask how much this poison? Thanks! From where can buy?

flwrs18;647349 said:
Sounds great bro! Mind if I ask how much this poison? Thanks! From where can buy?

you can sms Wilson 9690 5511 for a quote...........

* i am using coilover on both my ride so speaking from own experience and not hear say (don't flame me, lolz)
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;647355 said:
you can sms Wilson 9690 5511 for a quote...........

* i am using coilover on both my ride so speaking from own experience and not hear say (don't flame me. lolz)
cheers

Many thanks bro! Will chk it out when i am back haha Upz!:goodup:

flwrs18;647349 said:

Autovox should be the local KW distributor ....

flwrs18;647328 said:
Very nice rims and drop too bro!:goodup::goodup::goodup:

Where did you do your fender rolling, can share? And roughly how much and how long they need? Thanks!

One of the tyres shop did it for me, near Juzz For Cars. I think Juzz For Cars also use them to roll the fenders for their customers. I forgot the name. They use fender rolling tool to do it so no damage to the paintwork. Very cheap but I forgot how much,and it takes less than half an hour. You may call Al Lye of Lye Design at AMK Autopoint #04-04,, 10 AMK Ind Park 2A Tel: 64833353. Many peoples go to him for fender rolloing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k93453632

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back